Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Fuyumi Inahime
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    Been raiding since release... From I can Tell the spike of diffcuity is like from let's say

first coil was 3/10
    Second coil is 7/10
    The player are not ready for many things....when for example turn 7 was a complete nightmare when we first step in..... With so much connection error and lag just one lag from any of your member is game over my raid is currently moving away from turn 7 turn 6 to 9 is fine just not turn 7 is complete bugger mess
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Azul Earendil
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by KioriBug View Post
    Why does it matter that the content you no longer do/find useful to your character should block others from getting through it?
    This my friend, i want to explain (from my PoV)

It's because of the time and effort (and of course emotions) I put into beating those Turns... it is not like a static goes in there, try 4-5 times and cake is eaten.
    We managed to Down T9 last week for the first time, after weeks of frustrating wipes, over and over. Not to mention the Ton's of Gil burned away for Buffood and Repairs.
    Also on a personal level, how many times your significant other was disappointed, because you sat staring at a screen until 3 o'clock instead of doing something with him/her...
    You really sacrifice a lot for this.

So imagine you are a Sports Athlete, you train years of years, and achieve to set the World Record in Pole Vaulting. Now you retire and the year after your record get's vaporised because they now allow rocket-driven shoes ;-)

Of course, beating Coil it is a virtual achievment - not to be compared with professional Sports. But still, we feel betrayed by the fact that what we achieved now get's literally handed out on the silver plate, just because some do not have the endurance to do it the way it was designed for.
    (4)
    Never a mind was changed on an internet board, no matter how good your arguments are...

Character
    Dererk Titan
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I know I could clear T9 with out a nerf. BUT.... I can never get enough practice. In because I can't A find a group who can push or B find people who will bother staying long enough to try and get progress while I'd like to clear with out a nerf IV resigned my self to the fact that it won't happen so NERF AWAY . BUT SE PLEASE PUT A WAY IN THAT WE CAN DO THE UN NERFED VER JUST FOR FUN.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Haurchefant Graystone
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by wicked-one View Post
    snip
    I raided from BC through Firelands in WoW. My guild routinely downed things prior to nerfs and saw that content get nerfed later. You know what? The content being nerfed did not, in any way, take away from our accomplishment of doing it pre-nerf. So other people got through it easier? So what? That doesn't affect you at all unless you let it do so. Man up and worry about yourself and not so much other people and you'll find yourself a lot happier. Especially concerning virtual achievements.

P.S. Don't sacrifice time with loved ones for a game. That time is precious and way more interesting than anything you'll find on a computer screen.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Evy Rain
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LiveVoltage View Post
    Okay guys. So I will be eating my own words now. Balmung isnt full of greedy, money grubbing players and statics. However, a static saw it kind enough to bestow upon me the gift of a free T5 clear and for that I am eternally grateful. ;-;
    Grats on the win! Now that you got it, you should put the good, helpful attitude forward and help others who still haven't cleared it to get theirs.
    (2)
    Last edited by Taika; 10-24-2014 at 12:00 AM.
    Evy Rain from Phoenix

Player
    Character
    Arwyn Elven
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Yay nerfed coil so I can learn it in df, suck eggs snow flakes.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Rainbow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    I would prefer a 10% echo increase with each fail.

That way I know I have gotten better over time, When I can start clearing it without echo increases.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ai Hana
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Dererk View Post
    ... BUT SE PLEASE PUT A WAY IN THAT WE CAN DO THE UN NERFED VER JUST FOR FUN.
    SE obviously allows for that. You can, form your party and remove echo. Done.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shichi Mamura
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by NyarukoW View Post
    SE obviously allows for that. You can, form your party and remove echo. Done.
    Nerf is not the same as echo buff. SE does *not* allow an unnerfed version.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven View Post
    Yay nerfed coil so I can learn it in df, suck eggs snow flakes.
    ...you haven't been trying to learn it without DF (assumption on my part)? That's pretty lazy.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ai Hana
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Exstal View Post
    Nerf is not the same as echo buff. SE does *not* allow an unnerfed version.
    Use the level appropriate gear then. Do titan HM in darklight or worse gear. You don't need the old stuff preserved exactly to be equivalent. Different is not wrong or bad. It is just different.

In any case, the desire for nostalgia and doing things like it was, is NOT a valid reason to block accessibility to players trying to catch-up. The starting line has moved, and it is a new race, and people need to have a reasonable chance at lining up at the new starting line, soon to be final coil.
    (0)
    Last edited by NyarukoW; 10-24-2014 at 01:36 AM.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast