Player
    Character
    Bobby Moon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 51

Fan Fest Should Happen Annualy

I was reading the Gamerescape interview with Yoshi P and he mentions he doesn't know if having the fan fest on a yearly basis is "optimal".

NO WAY!

I think even if they don't have an expansion to reveal there is plenty to talk about. Patches, panels, letter from the producer.... plenty to cover.

What do you all think? I think the next one has the potential to be huge, a lot of people were watching the streams and have vowed to attend the next one.
    (23)

Player
    Character
    Xyro Kinatsu
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    So you want a SE version of Blizzcon...I might be able to get behind that idea.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Crystal Rainbow
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Ya It need to be more then just FFXIV. Make it all SE and they will always be able to do it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Nullifer Bones
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyrn86 View Post
    Alot of successful companies have yearly festivals... not just bliizard...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alrik Rouge
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Make the next one in Orlando, FL then. At least I could afford going then!
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cutie Mcsnuggles
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    As for how often, this event we were able to announce the new Heavensward expansion, and if we did this every year people might expect an expansion announcement every time, so once per year may not be the optimal timing, so maybe every couple of years?
    You don't have to make a huge announcement just to make Fan Fest worth it. What people really want is to just spend time with other fans and have an excuse to meet up with some FCmates IRL. All you really need to do is have fun panels and allow us the chance to interact with you (The Dev team). Getting to hear about the people behind the game was lots of fun.
    (12)
    Last edited by Cutie_McSnuggles; 10-22-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Player
    Character
    Miley Cyrus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Las Vegas again please.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Tonrak Totorak
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    With the patch in a week and 2 more fan fest there isn't much that they can say and do. Instead of doing 3 fan fest in a span of a few weeks why not just spread them throughout the year?

I can tell they're limiting what they can show so that London will get new info. Jpn will also hear the full Shive bgm
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duelle Urelle
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyrn86 View Post
    SE would need to expand their stuff a little bit, though. Blizzcon has WoW but also has Starcraft and Diablo stuff in it. Hearthstone, too.

Now, would it be neat to have a SE Expo with FFXIV, FFXI, DQX and maybe some extra stuff like the SaGa, Mana and Chrono series? Sure. Not sure how feasible that is given their focus as a company.
    (3)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line like good little casters.
    * Design ideas:
    Red Mage - COMPLETE (https://tinyurl.com/y6tsbnjh), Chemist - Second Pass (https://tinyurl.com/ssuog88), Thief - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/vdjpkoa), Rune Fencer - First Pass (https://tinyurl.com/y3fomdp2)

Player
    Character
    Bobby Moon
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Cutie_McSnuggles View Post
    You don't have to make a huge announcement just to make Fan Fest worth it. What people really want is to just spend time with other fans and have an excuse to meet up with some FCmates IRL. All you really need to do is have fun panels and allow us the chance to interact with you (The Dev team). Getting to hear about the people behind the game was lots of fun.
    EXACTLY!

It's more about being with friends and people who share a love for the same thing you do.

I'm down for Vegas again also. I know in the past they had the ones for XI in Anaheim.. i could do that also.
    (5)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast