Player
    Character
    Tesia Jesal
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 18

Sorta new, looking for info

So I'm doing this trial thing and that's all well and fine. I've managed to get to level 18 but... I ran out of quests. The only thing I have left is some group dungeon thing. I'm not sure where I'm suppose to go next.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nim Rahz
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by avalky View Post
    So I'm doing this trial thing and that's all well and fine. I've managed to get to level 18 but... I ran out of quests. The only thing I have left is some group dungeon thing. I'm not sure where I'm suppose to go next.
    That dungeon quest is part of your main scenario. That questline follows you all the way to 50 and beyond and unlocks stuff as you progress. Continue with that quest and dont forget about your class quests as well.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tesia Jesal
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimras View Post
    That dungeon quest is part of your main scenario. That questline follows you all the way to 50 and beyond and unlocks stuff as you progress. Continue with that quest and dont forget about your class quests as well.
    Indeed, those come every five levels. The class quest I mean.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nim Rahz
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by avalky View Post
    Indeed, those come every five levels. The class quest I mean.
    Yea, those are the ones
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Do you mean "not sure where I'm suppose to go" in terms of how to do that "group dungeon thing" or in terms of what else can you do besides that "group dungeon thing"?

For how to complete it (I assume you're on the "It's Probably Pirates" quest), the quest first sends you to talk to an NPC near the entrance to the Sastasha dungeon. Doing so unlocks that dungeon in your "Duty Finder" and the next quest objective is to use Duty Finder to complete the dungeon. Duty Finder is under the "Duty" heading of the main menu. (Or while you're still there in front of the dungeon, you can also open the Duty Finder to the correct page by clicking the glowing spot on the ground at the dungeon entrance.) Go into the Duty Finder window, check "Sastasha" and then hit the "Join" button at the bottom. Duty Finder will then try to find three other people (a tank, a healer, and another damage dealer) to join you in that dungeon. This may take a while (maybe 15-20 minutes if you play at peak times, sometimes significantly longer if you play at off-peak times). Go ahead and do other things while you're waiting. Once a group is put together, you'll get a window pop up telling you the group is ready. It has a "Commence" button on it to tell the game you're ready to enter. (If you've changed to another class by then, you'll need to change back to the class with which you joined the Duty Finder queue. Of course, this will only be relevant once you unlock additional classes.)

The main scenario will have three dungeons in a row at this point. (Well, nearly in a row. There's like a single quest in between each, but those quests just send you to the area where the next dungeon is, and tell you a little of what it's about.) Once you do those three, the story opens up some more, giving you a longish string of solo main scenario quests to do, and some more sidequests get unlocked as well. But periodically throughout the game there will be dungeons that are part of the main storyline and you cannot progress through it without doing them (though it's usually not three in a row like you see at this point).

If you want to try some other things as well, you should have just unlocked airship travel between the three main city-states of Eorzea. That means there are a lot of class guilds you could check out if you want to try adding additional classes besides Pugilist. (This game lets you play any and all classes that you want to on the same character, though you have to level each of them independently.) If you want to do that, talk to the Receptionist at the guild hall of any class you want to learn. (Pugilist, Gladiator, Thaumaturge, Weaver, Goldsmith, Alchemist, and Miner guilds are in Ul'dah. Archer, Lancer, Conjurer, Carpenter, Leatherworker, and Botanist guilds are in Gridania. Marauder, Arcanist, Culinarian, Blacksmith, Armourer, and Fisher guilds are in Limsa Lominsa.)
    (0)