Player
    Character
    Saber Knightbreaker
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lux_Rayna View Post
    Cash cattle? As I recall XIV operated at a loss for at least a year so they could provide you with a better service. They then gave you a discounted sub for legacy membership. Its unkind to bite the hand that feeds you. SE went above and beyond what any company would do in a similar situation. Try to be grateful.

EDIT: Oh yeah! You didn't even have to buy a box!
    lol the hand that feeds me? really? I gave them my money to support 2.0 and get a discount, that was the deal between legacy players and SE.
    Operating at a loss...who's fault is that?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...ack-into-black
    They seem fine now because of this game WHICH legacy players help support and would continue to gain if they stop draining money elsewhere which again is not our fault.

btw f2p is an option. Maybe not a likely one anytime soon, but it is not X'd out of their backup plan.
    http://www.gamerevolution.com/featur...never-paytowin
    (7)
    Last edited by Negotiator; 10-23-2014 at 09:15 AM.

Player
    Character
    Little Sprinkles
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Yeah I definitely see the argument of SE needing this cash shop, and maybe they do. However, I don't think it's unfair for players to question the motives of a sudden shift in how a company does business. I think the hamburger metaphor was great. I totally wouldn't go back to that burger joint if they suddenly started to charge for toppings, but first I would ask them why.

I think it's funny how some of this stuff in context of a different business still shows through in how people react to these practices. ^^
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Dramus Roxma
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 18
    I feel that items that are part of a seasonal event should not be placed on here. If they don't want them as part of the event then just don't offer them anymore. Only past content that I can see is contest stuff or preorder bonuses those things don't bother me. Its all things that were extra to pay for outside of the game in the first place and no players may not have had a chance at them. Otherwise should be all new content in my eyes.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Nominous Lhant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Saccharin View Post
    -snip-
    I'm sorry, I don't remember the part where they said they were forcing you to pay for 3 new minions, or 1 new mount. You ever heard of the term, "Speak with your wallet"? Maybe you should practice that.

It's unreasonably childish, and ungrateful, how people are acting. We've been given 4 patches, and consecutive month subscription bonuses. For 13 dollars a month, we're given arguably one of the highest quality MMO's to play, in terms of patch substance, and developer attention. And for all the hard work they've been doing to keep it the way the FANS want it (mostly), you're disgusted that less than 1% of their work, is now being charged for? At that, for such mediocre prices, that you could literally afford them by saving less than a dollar a day? Really?

You're all hung up on this one thing. You're all hopelessly marrying the concept of a subscription fee and content (even on just an idea level) offered. Our sub fee is a consent to pay them money to play their game. They offer us plenty to do, and plenty to earn in game. This is extra. Optional. Not to be confused with something they should be giving you for free, rather, something that was only ever intended to be sold.
    (2)
    Last edited by Nominous; 10-23-2014 at 05:05 PM.

Player
    Character
    Goji Degotye
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 77
    Grateful for what? I AM PAYING THEM. Putting out a good game is the least they can do to keep getting my money. If they can't manage their funds they're incompetent and I have no obligation to help them out of their financial troubles.

ALL their work is already being charged for, not just less than 1%, wtf!?
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Saber Knightbreaker
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90

Sometimes I feel like people would throw their annual income at them and lay down in front of a train if they asked.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Nominous Lhant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Moqi View Post
    -snip-
    Charged extra for*. All of their work is essentially payed for buy your sub-fee (a measly 13 bucks a month). About 1% of said work, is now Cash Shop exclusive, of which, you'd be getting charged extra for. Optional, still.

You pay your freaking phone company x amount of dollars a month for the ability to make phone-calls. Do you complain because they offer an optional insurance charge? Or an optional road-side assistance charge? Do you complain that you could get a vanity case for just 20 bucks more? No. And hell, they've got your balls in a harder vice grip than FFXIV, considering most of the time they have ass customer service and could care less about anything you have to say.

Those are optional services. Should those things all be included? Sure. You could argue that you already pay an arm and a leg, and deserve those things. But you don't complain, because that's just how it is. You pay for their service, not the extras.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Goji Degotye
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 77
    Quote Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
    [/IMG]

Sometimes I feel like people would throw their annual income at them and lay down in front of a train if they asked.
    I wonder where all those people where when 1.0 came out...
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Nominous Lhant
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
    funny pictures
    No, it's just that there's a comfortable middle-ground that almost nobody is trying to stand in right now.

You have to understand that while it's not necessarily the best situation it could be, it's not the freaking end of the world. Nobody but the obnoxiously rich are actually HAPPY about a Cash Shop, and WANT it as opposed to how it is now. I think a lot of the more rational people are just trying to express this mindset. Again, it's not that people like me just want to throw cash at SE. It's just that it really isn't that crazy a thing to get worked up about, yet here people are. Luxury/optional services exist in almost everything that's monetized/is a business. You're not a kid anymore, you should understand that some things are going to be offered only to those who can afford it, or who want it that badly. It's life.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Collitta Phoenix
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    You see I've played since 1.0 launch/beta and support this game through hell and back. I hate the idea that my support is getting thrown away cause of people upset they missed an event. I missed an event i won't get them but let alone i will not pay RL money for something that was free. You let this go through it means down the line pvp gear, myth gear, raid gear, Legacy status, COULD be implemented. I am fine with it being items that are not in the game or re skinned but to sell items everyone had their chance to get for free is ludicrous.
    (3)

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast