Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    La La'
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Erm - it looks like every single person who posted in this thread so far completely missed what was OP actually asking ...

Why to buy Personal house if you (personally) can have your own FC house for the same cost with more features? Indeed the only "negatives" are that you can't be part of another FC at the same time (unless you'll hold your FC on one of your alts instead) and that you'd need to level your own new FC (can be done solo in 3 weeks, 4 if you want to take it a bit "easy"). Otherwise house is fully yours and as a benefit you can invite friends to share it with you if you want / need to (e.g. to not loose the house during some longer breaks etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by Dargondarkfire View Post
    ......... really? we gave the reasons why.
    ......... really? Would you mind pointing to to at least ONE reason (from those posted so far) that makes personal house better / benefitial to "personal" FC house. One will suffice ... (indeed minus "dissadvantages" I've already mentioned)

an fc house for yourself is just being greedy.
    ......... really? Would you mind explaining how exactly is it "greedy" if someone will buy the exactly same house but as "private" FC instead of private person, for exactly same amount of money but with more benefits - biggest being able to sell it or not to loose itif you can't play for 35+ days (assuming you can get a friend to "house sit" it for you)??

in fact i could see someone using this method so they can buy 2 mansions.
    ......... really? Would you mind explaining what's wrong with that (apart of SE's incompetence to provide enough housing plots to cater for the demand) or how is it different from someone having two (or even 8 if they want) alts and purchasing 2 - 8 mainsions if they feel like and have enough time, dedication and gil to do so (leaving aside gil buyers of course but even then you'd still need to level up FC or alts unless you'd pay someone to do that for you as well)??
    (1)
    Last edited by HEC-; 10-28-2014 at 06:33 AM.

Player
    Character
    Aisha Darkfire
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by HEC- View Post
    Erm - it looks like every single person who posted in this thread so far completely missed what was OP actually asking ...

Why to buy Personal house if you (personally) can have your own FC house for the same cost with more features? Indeed the only "negatives" are that you can't be part of another FC at the same time (unless you'll hold your FC on one of your alts instead) and that you'd need to level your own new FC (can be done solo in 3 weeks, 4 if you want to take it a bit "easy"). Otherwise house is fully yours and as a benefit you can invite friends to share it with you if you want / need to (e.g. to not loose the house during some longer breaks etc.).
    ......... really? we gave the reasons why. an fc house for yourself is just being greedy. stay in your fc and buy your own house. in fact i could see someone using this method so they can buy 2 mansions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Edhe'li Merwyn
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by HEC- View Post

Why to buy Personal house if you (personally) can have your own FC house for the same cost with more features?
    Sorry, I'll make my answer more explicit, then - I can't buy a personal FC house because I already own an FC house as a proper FC leader and all the members are close IRL friends so everyone has full permissions to mess about with it. There were a lot of reasons I picked up a small personal house, not in the least because it'd give us the gardening space equal to a medium house without having to move the FC out of our beloved beach-front hut, but I have to say having somewhere I could landscape without my friends trolling me was pretty attractive.
    (0)
    Last edited by FJerome; 10-28-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Player
    Character
    Phineas Locke
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I purchased a home because like some others I enjoy the aesthetics of it. I think it's nice to have your own little piece of a larger world. It may also prove to be a valuable long term investment as Heavensward will undoubtedly bring new seeds and possibly other features that are exclusive to homeowners.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vik Ktototam
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by FJerome View Post
    the gardening space equal to a medium house without having to move the FC
    Yes. 2 small houses costs less than 1 medium and has the same amount of gardening place.
    It's not very critical for players who can buy a house i think, but it takes 1 additional lowcost teleport to one of regions.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2