Character
    Fiery Mojo
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhex View Post
    Beans.
    But beans are my favourite! I'm not a fan of meat especially and I eat all the rest of the vegetables in the meal quite quickly. Getting through all of those beans is a great part of the meal!

And the beans have been part of the meal since the restaurant opened. I love the restaurant. I'm not going to stop coming to the restaurant because they want to charge me extra for those lovely beans, but it's another strike against them.

Just like the other month when they said they were going to get beer on tap as an alternative to the the coffee we'd been drinking over the last year, but we turned up on the beer day and it turned out they'd decided to only serve decaf instead.
    (3)
    FFXIV player since 1.0 alpha, and still pretty terrible at this game. Thank the Twelve it's not actually hard like FFXI.

Player
    Character
    Enth Rax
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    What if it's a buffet?
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Odsarzol Que
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantbane View Post
    But if the amount of beans you normally get is reduced, then you start to wonder whether or not it was because they're trying to encourage you to pay more for the same amount of food we got before.
    Here's the problem - what "we got before" has always been inconsistent, sometimes never getting a minion until another event or content concept strolls around. So in this comparison, SE isn't taking anything away to encourage us to buy it in cash shop, because even vanity armor wise, it's usually always been the regular amount of sets for DoW/M...what are they gonna do? Suddenly only offer DoW or DoM set and make you buy the other? Not happening lol.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Eldarion Telcontar
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    It's plain obvious now that food is the universal language....
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Jadus Salaheem
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Erudain View Post
    I figured a food metaphor would work to explain it best.

It's the same as a side dish or an extra large soda to me.

edit: They're even priced similarly.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adol Giantbane
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tupsi View Post
    Here's the problem - what "we got before" has always been inconsistent, sometimes never getting a minion until another event or content concept strolls around. So in this comparison, SE isn't taking anything away to encourage us to buy it in cash shop, because even vanity armor wise, it's usually always been the regular amount of sets for DoW/M...what are they gonna do? Suddenly only offer DoW or DoM set and make you buy the other? Not happening lol.
    They could offer boring DoM/DoW sets and offer much more aesthetically interesting sets via the premium shop. Now on the one hand, you could say that "premium" items you have to pay extra for should be better, but you might also wonder if they're not putting as much effort into the stock DoM/DoW sets since they would prefer you buy the premium sets.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Radd Fantasyxiv
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryaani View Post
    Snip
    The forums, the actual software, are hateful because of the post limit and the character limit some of us suffer from. Totally unnacceptable in my book. And no worries, I've had my own issue to deal with as I just said.

Snip
    They never said that it was temporary. They never even hinted at it. They just did it and acted like it was totally normal/standard practice just as it was/is in FFXI. It is well within my rights as a customer to upset and concerned at such a sudden change in practices.

Gods damned character limit!
    (continued)
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Radd Fantasyxiv
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    (Continued)
    Sunipu
    Look the Collector's Editions for the PS3 and PS4 both have physical collector's editions that fall under the same category as merch. They come with a bunch of physical goodies after all. The digital CE exists to give PC players a chance to own a "Collector's Edition" of sorts since many of us don't own or want to pay a separate license for, especially given that one seems to be an inferior(the PS3) platform.

@ the other general thing:

I think there is no problem with the idea of a vanity cash shop so long as it is not the only option for the vanity offered within, whether it is seasonal (but recurring!), or time consuming.

And before someone cries "P2W!!11!!1!," as someone for whom vanity IS winning I don't mind what SE sells to those interesting in buying so long as they allow me the option to play to earn it instead. If you are going to make it SHOP ONLY, you better go F2P and give me shop credit for my subscription!
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Anuhea Lani
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Negotiator View Post
    where were you guys in 1.0 when they asked for help?
    Where was I? I was on XI cause XIV sucked at that time. And they lost money did they not? And now reborn came out im sure it costed allot for a reboot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evangeline Lafontaine
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by RaddCuban View Post
    The forums, the actual software, are hateful because of the post limit and the character limit some of us suffer from. Totally unnacceptable in my book. And no worries, I've had my own issue to deal with as I just said.
    I'm with you. I don't think I've heard a really satisfactory answer for why they do it. If someone was spam posting, then a GM should step in. The post limit is a really ham-fisted way to deal with that.

They never said that it was temporary. They never even hinted at it. They just did it and acted like it was totally normal/standard practice just as it was/is in FFXI. It is well within my rights as a customer to upset and concerned at such a sudden change in practices.
    Okay, so I wasn't hallucinating. Some people are suggesting it was temporary. Last year the first thing that I thought when I saw you could get past holiday stuff was "SWEET! That's a great way to do it!". When they announced a cash store I envisioned it like Blizzards with a few minions and a mount or two to start with the eventual trickle of some glamours, a minion here and there, and once in a long while a new mount. The holiday stuff threw me.

Look the Collector's Editions for the PS3 and PS4 both have physical collector's editions that fall under the same category as merch. They come with a bunch of physical goodies after all. The digital CE exists to give PC players a chance to own a "Collector's Edition" of sorts since many of us don't own or want to pay a separate license for, especially given that one seems to be an inferior(the PS3) platform.
    Fair point. The digital CE is the same then. For me, I'll lump the physical edition in there, but others won't and I get that.

I think there is no problem with the idea of a vanity cash shop so long as it is not the only option for the vanity offered within, whether it is seasonal (but recurring!), or time consuming.

And before someone cries "P2W!!11!!1!," as someone for whom vanity IS winning I don't mind what SE sells to those interesting in buying so long as they allow me the option to play to earn it instead. If you are going to make it SHOP ONLY, you better go F2P and give me shop credit for my subscription!
    I fall into the camp that, as long as it's limited in scope, I'm okay with it. Even if those items are exclusive as long as the price isn't excessive and there isn't a suspicious overabundance of content. That latter bit would tell me that they're leaning the wrong way. They can do p2p with a shop. It's been done and it can be done here to. It just requires SE to put the bulk of the vanity content in game and make the store stuff the candles rather than the icing or the cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Erudain View Post
    ...I just used a food metaphor, didn't I? <looks away in shame>
    (3)
    Last edited by Teryaani; 10-24-2014 at 07:09 AM. Reason: post conservation

Page 135 of 161 FirstFirst ... 35 85 125 133 134 135 136 137 145 ... LastLast