Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Motoko Kusanagi
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71

Adventurer in Need

are there any plans to improve the update interval for the role that is most needed?

like i main WHM and thus like to use it most often. and really like the sight of seeing "Healer" to be in need of. but the queue time is always like 2~3 minutes. and i know it's not a long time to wait. the wait time isn't the issue.

the issue is getting the most rewards AND playing the class/job you want to most play.

the situation? it says "Healer" but the wait time for healer is a roughly 3minutes. while at the same time i can get an instant queue on tank. so... it should say "Tank". according to the wait times, obviously Healer is not immediately needed.

please improve the update interval. ^_^
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    Anyone know what happens if it says "Healer" when you join the queue as healer, but then changes to "Tank" during those couple minutes you were waiting for the queue to fill? Do you still get the "Adventurer in Need" bonus based on the time you joined?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Salem Parrini
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwashi View Post
    Anyone know what happens if it says "Healer" when you join the queue as healer, but then changes to "Tank" during those couple minutes you were waiting for the queue to fill? Do you still get the "Adventurer in Need" bonus based on the time you joined?
    This is a good question. And I don't think you do. I only noticed it once where that happened to me so I couldn't say for certain. But I'm pretty sure I q'd as the Adventurer in Need and it changed while I was waiting, and I didn't get the bonus when it finally popped. I'd love to see if anyone else knows for sure.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Salem Parrini
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    As far as the wait time, I find it actually rare to insta-queue when the adventurer in need. There seems to be a minute or two delay. I would think the Adventurer in Need would pop right away but it rarely does that for me. Maybe I just have bad timing :P
    (0)

Character
    Motoko Kusanagi
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by SalemP View Post
    As far as the wait time, I find it actually rare to insta-queue when the adventurer in need. There seems to be a minute or two delay. I would think the Adventurer in Need would pop right away but it rarely does that for me. Maybe I just have bad timing :P
    that delay is the exact issue this thread is about. the update is too slow. constantly i am getting quicker times on tank rather then the displayed role in need, healer. but again, the queue time isn't the issue. it's not being able to get the highest possible rewards AND play the class/job you want.

hm.. i am unsure. if you do still get that bonus... then this thread is simply irrelevant. waiting a few minutes is hardly cause for concern. i will try to test this out. but the conditions must be just right. and the timing may be near impossible. hopefully we can get a red name to comment. or maybe someone with a definitive answer.
    (0)

Character
    Motoko Kusanagi
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71
    hm. well i don't know. i've tried to time it just right. but can't get the needed role to change before entering. the timing is like near impossible. anyhow it still doesn't matter. this thread is still relevant. i understand we to encourage more variety. but i still feel value should be updated more frequently.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Y'kayah Tia
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 50
    The delay in updating might be in order to give other classes (well, healers anyway) a chance at it. I don't think we'd want the needed role flickering to Healer for just a second and then right back to Tank before any healers get a chance to join. It probably has some rule that once a role is chosen it will stay on that role long enough for several people to enter.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yas Ticot
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I am quiete sure that I already received the role bonus even though this role was updated during waiting time. However, it would be hard to prove :-/
    (0)

Character
    Motoko Kusanagi
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Yasminou View Post
    I am quiete sure that I already received the role bonus even though this role was updated during waiting time. However, it would be hard to prove :-/
    yeah. the timing must be very exact. i've tried to do it myself, but now with the new withdraw penalty there's no way i am going to try to find. maybe before going to bed or something. basically to be 100% sure, we just it to say healer or damage and then queue as that role. when the duty is ready look in the DF. wait for the role to change before hitting commence. it's the only way to be 100%. but still the timing has to be just right. you have only 45seconds before it changes.

IN ANY CASE, to bring a new idea to the board... they could just simply increase the time frame for healer and damage roles. tank gets like 80~90% face time on the Expert and High Level. and roughly like 50~80% face time on all others with healer most at the rest. and rarely does damage ever show up on ANY roulette.

now i understand one purpose this bonus serves is to encourage players to play roles that are most needed. i like this and all. but it almost always says Tank for Expert and High Level. and i know that's the idea of it. but i really don't think an increased time frame could hurt. i think people should be able take advantage of the system and still be able to play the role they want.

i think an increased time frame for both damage and healer roles on Expert and High Level would makes things right. and the an increased time frame for damage on all other roulette's.

of course an increased time frame would only be helpful if it does indeed still award you the bonus even if the role in need changes before you enter your duty.
    (0)
    Last edited by BLaCKnBLu3B3RRY; 11-18-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Player
    Character
    Nico Nico
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 70
    Yes you do still get the bonus, I have tried this many times ^^;
    Apparently "Adventurer in Need" bonus is based on the time you press the join button,
    not like the "daily bonus" which is based on the time upon dungeon completion.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast