Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Tyriont Gaidal
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 56

Now Casting Models for Eorzea's Next Top Model (Cycle 3 and YouTube!)

Casting is closed. Please use the Official ENTM Discussion Thread for all future conversation relating to the contest!

EORZEA'S NEXT TOP MODEL: CYCLE 3 AND YOUTUBE!

It's that time everyone's been waiting for...castin' for the next editions of Eorzea's Next Top Model! New contest! New models! New shots! New rules! An' a new host!

Cap'n Tyriont Gaidal, at your service. Most dashingly handsome pirate in all o' Limsa Lominsa, as well as contestant in Cycle 2 of Eorzea's Next Top Model! Got knocked out in the preliminary rounds, which we ain't going to talk much about. But I did th'only logical thing left for an incredibly charmin' and charismatic pirate to do...took over hostin'! Not t'say that our beloved Rongi is gone...we'll be hearin' a special message from him later!

But enough blatherin' from me, onto what you're all here t'find out!

For Cycle Three there's two contests, each with twelve models in 'em. One for the guys, an' one for th'ladies. Once we get down t'the final three in each one, we'll be combinin' those so that six o' the best are against each other 'til we find out who is th'new top model!

Once th'contest starts, th'models will be given a list o' shots they need taken. Some might be requirin' models t'go to a specific area, others might have a more general theme t'follow. Both sides o' the contest will be given th'same shot list, so as t'keep things fair. Each week a new round goes up, an' public vote combined with judges scores determined which model goes home an' who goes onto the next round.

Now then, castin' will be runnin' until Wednesday, 10/22. Th'judges an' I will be pickin' out our cast from th'submissions an' announcin' it on 10/25. That same day, I'll be gettin' in touch with our winnin' models and sendin' them t'shot list so that the first round can start on Saturday, 11/1.

"But Ty, you amazingly attractive hunk o' man" I hear you cry! "What do we need t'do in order to apply?" Well, I'll tell you.

Three shots are needed!

Shot 1: Scenic Travel to some nice lookin' place around Eorzea, dress so it looks like you fit in an' get the shot! We'll be lookin' at how well your outfit fits th'location, as well as overall composition of th'shot.

Shot 2: Battle! Modellin' ain't all loungin' about in th'sun, y'know! Pick up that sword, lance, or...uh, book, an' go toe to toe with somethin' nasty! But, to keep things interestin' (and so as not to give advantages to folks who can get into nastier places than others), the battle -has- to take place out in the open world. No dungeons, no battlefields.

Shot 3: The Amphitheater For your final shot, take th'stage out at Mih Khetto's Amphitheater in New Gridania. Outfit, pose, it's all up to you! Jus' caption th'shot an' tell us what you were goin' for with it.

Additional Shot: Close up of your face, zoomed in as close as you can! This one won't be used for judging, but for making a banner in the case you get cast.

See here for how to take the type of shot we're after:

(Remember, this final shot is NOT used to determine entrants, but to make life easier for our wonderful banner-maker, Kaelah.)

Also, please drop a message to EorzeasNTMTyriont@gmail.com when you post, to make it easier t'get the shot list out when the cast is set.

Now, with that out o' the way, it's time t'bring in my good friend Rongi for a word about the other side o' things...

====================================================

8 Models, 8 Photoshoots. This is going to be the -hard mode- version of ENTM.
    After sending in your initial photos, all 8 are due at once, I will critique the images with you personally, and you will be able to submit up to 3 resubmissions (all must be sent at once, in the same email! No exceptions!) per shoot, and I will say which of the 3 I like the best, and you will decide from there which one to actually submit for the other Judges to see.

The 4 Judges and I will then deliberate on who goes home. Fans and Models will both be surprised by the eliminations (unlike the Forum versions where Models can tell more or less how votes are gonna go) which is what I want to bring to the YT version.

You will be required to send in all 8 photos and the resubmissions and final decision shot before the contest begins, and I will not submit any of them to the Judges before I receive them all from all models, so no one will know who is going home at any time, me, or the models. I repeat you must participate in all 8 photoshoots.

There will be a twist in this Cycle.

This will be an all-girls cycle, but if it goes well I do plan on hosting a Guys&Girl Version afterward similar to how Cycle 3 will be done.

====================================================

Thanks, Rongi! Now then, both o' these contests are going t'be runnin' in parallel. The submission requirements are th'same both both, but please specify which one you want t'apply for when you turn in your shots. You can apply for both, but know that Cycle 3 takes priority, so if you're cast in that then you ain't going t'be cast in Rongi's contest.

I reckon that about covers all th'important information for now. We can't wait t'see the shots you come up with! If there's any questions, anythin' you want clarified, feel free t'leave a message here an' I'll get to it soon as I can.

Best o' luck, future models!

tl;dr summary: Cycle three is casting 12 male, 12 female contestants. YouTube contest is casting 8 female contestants. Submit the 4 shots as detailed above to be considered! Casting closes 10/22, cast announced 10/25.
    (13)
    Last edited by Tyriont; 10-27-2014 at 03:52 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kaya Solimar
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Out of curiosity are we allowed to make 2 entries, one for a main and one for an alt character?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Cycle 3 - Kaiyoko Star

1. Scenic

2. Battle

3. Amphitheater: "Stealing the Show"

4. Headshot

Note: Kaelah, if this picture ends up needing to be used, please use my left side of my face ( right side of the picture ) as my shots are usually better on my left side ('-'*)

Edit: Battle and Amphitheater are taken using Fraps
    (24)
    Last edited by Kaiyoko; 10-13-2014 at 05:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tyriont Gaidal
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychosamm View Post
    Out of curiosity are we allowed to make 2 entries, one for a main and one for an alt character?
    I'm fine with that, but please make it in a single post as I don't want to cast the same person twice in the contest. So feel free to apply under both, but only one will be entered into each contest (meaning Cycle 3 and YouTube).
    (0)
    Last edited by Tyriont; 10-12-2014 at 10:09 AM.

Player
    Character
    Lowena Fae
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Roughly how many rounds would this cycle last for? I'm tempted to sign up but feel that the 2nd cycle was a little too long.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alchinua Malaguld
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 61

Sera Alarics Submission ^_^

Entering Contest Cycle 3!

1. Scenic

2. Battle

3. Amphitheathre - "A Kings Speech"

4. Facey Face! *purr*
    (9)
    Last edited by Seraphe; 10-13-2014 at 03:34 AM. Reason: Contest: Cycle 3, Face picture. Another Edit: Face

Player
    Character
    Tyriont Gaidal
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 56
    Quote Originally Posted by AmalahRose View Post
    Roughly how many rounds would this cycle last for? I'm tempted to sign up but feel that the 2nd cycle was a little too long.
    12 total, including the combined rounds at the end (versus the 14 plus 3 preliminaries in Cycle 2).
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Goblin Mugger
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 60
    Just to make sure, no cropping or editing of screens in any way, yeah?
    (1)
    This is my theme song~
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2wssN8-G1Y

Player
    Character
    Tyriont Gaidal
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosme View Post
    Correct. Screenshots must be taken with no modification in any way. It isn't a requirement to have the SE watermark though, since I know some people like to spam FRAPS screencaps.
    (1)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Kosme View Post
    Cropping or editing (stuff like adding blurr depth, color variation, etc) of pics is not allowed.

Oh and Hi everyone! /bow, just here to clarify that point, I'll be one of the judges for cycle 3 ;D
    (3)

Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast