Thread: SMN rotation

Player
    Character
    Divine Gate
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    Yep. Since you can get two Festers into that Raging Strikes anyways and Energy Drain is only half the potency of Fester its worth it to wait the 10 seconds to use Fester. Getting Aetherflow back on CD 10 seconds faster wont make up for the 120 potency loss of using ED during RS over waiting for Fester.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Synestr Ashbringer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    The two festers on RS is confirmed on my side. It is looking nice. I enjoyed smn before but it has gotten just a little bit better. ^.^
    (0)

Character
    Sanguisio Alorea
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Ok hands up I'm wrong, sorry for that.

However judge xero a ED on RS is 180 potency so its more than half, only weave in EDs when you need to burst or short on mana.

However, I havent seen anyone mention to use R2 when you need to use off GCD abilities.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ayukawa Madoka
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I mentioned it in my RS string. It's better to not worry about it until you have your foundations down though and work on including it as you get better. I see people who are way too overzealous on it and run out of MP halfway into a fight while I'm sitting at 1500-2000 mp and still doing more dps than they were.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Michael Stormcloud
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    Optimal opener is:

Raging Strikes -> X-Potion of Intelligence -> Bio II (Start precasting it when you see your tank about to engage) -> Miasma (Start moving toward the boss at 0.5 left on the cast) -> Bio -> Fester (when Bio applies) -> Miasma II -> Potent Poison Potion -> Contagion + Swiftcast -> Shadow Flare -> Rouse -> Ruin II -> Spur -> Ruin II -> Fester -> Ruin II -> Enkindle -> Ruin -> Ruin -> Ruin II -> Fester -> Ruin II -> Aetherflow.

After this, it's mostly a priority system depending on how the fight goes. You want to refresh Dots when they have < 3 seonds remaining, same deal for Shadow Flare if the boss won't move for 12 seconds minimum. Make sure to use Ruin II in before using off-gcd abilities. Whenever possible, be in melee range to be able to auto-attack the boss.
    Thanks for this. I was a SMN main for a long time, but got discouraged when I found out how bad my DPS was compared to what I actually thought. Using this has increased my DPS dramatically and allowed me to go back to a class I thoroughly enjoy playing. Unfortunately, I'm halfway through to my BLM novus weapon, and have decided to go back and do SMN novus :-/ Plus, I'll be trying out Ninja next week (I can't resist.)
    (0)

Character
    Elenath Lanthir
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Madoka View Post
    I mentioned it in my RS string. It's better to not worry about it until you have your foundations down though and work on including it as you get better. I see people who are way too overzealous on it and run out of MP halfway into a fight while I'm sitting at 1500-2000 mp and still doing more dps than they were.
    Exactly. It's better to know how long the encounter you're in will be and gauged from there how crazy with Ruin II you can be.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinMike View Post
    Thanks for this. I was a SMN main for a long time, but got discouraged when I found out how bad my DPS was compared to what I actually thought. Using this has increased my DPS dramatically and allowed me to go back to a class I thoroughly enjoy playing. Unfortunately, I'm halfway through to my BLM novus weapon, and have decided to go back and do SMN novus :-/ Plus, I'll be trying out Ninja next week (I can't resist.)
    Well, with the Atma drop rate increased, you'll be able to finish both now. Glad to have been of help.
    (1)

Character
    Sariena Adeline
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    So, I've a few questions.
    I kite on T7, but I barely DPS. Any tips here? It's hard to Tab target with controller to DPS Melusine and then switch back between all adds in time to Miasma a Renaud. Also, opening rotation includes a few AoEs (Miasma 2, Enkindle). Should I avoid Enkindle? I won't Miasma 2 (fireball issues).

Also, do we ever use Energy Drain? I end up burning 2 when I have about 500-800mp left.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ayukawa Madoka
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Focus target melusine and hope you can quickly target your focus target? Never used controller, much less to kite.

M2 is fine to open as long as you're using contagion and out of there before fireball comes out, using enkindle early is also fine as long as garuda was buffed, it's not likely you'll be able to hit two targets with it during the fight anyway and if you save it for adds you might only use it once or might hit a petrified renaud.

You should only have to use ED if you die. We have a couple few second breaks of not casting anything getting a renaud in place across the fight
    (0)

Character
    Sariena Adeline
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Against a dummy, I've hit 100mp in about 3-4 minutes. Is there a way to prevent this?
    (0)

Character
    Elenath Lanthir
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeith-Adeline View Post
    Against a dummy, I've hit 100mp in about 3-4 minutes. Is there a way to prevent this?
    If you know you're getting Ballad at one point during encounters, then it's a non issue but if you won't get it, then the solution is to tone down on Ruin II usage and that can also only carry you so far. At one point, Energy Drain will have to be used, sadly.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast