Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thm Stats?

Player

Thm Stats?

Hello,

I was hoping to get some thoughts on what everyone else thought a good stat allotment was. I started out soloing alot, but now I'm grouping as I get higher up. I read a lot of places that dumping points into INT and PIE was good for dmg and getting debuffs to land. But when I'm grouped, my scourge/banish does like 50 dmg usually. I've been thinking about reallocating them into MND since at least I get more mana out of that. I have also been pumping points into VIT for hps, and Dex for crafting. Any thoughts?
    (0)

Player

Well if your doing Leve's your scourge/banish isnt going to do alot of damage depending on the difficulty you choose. INT and PIE are the best way to go. You wont need a ton of MND because of Siphon and MP Regen in passive mode. Having points in VIT is always good but you don't want to go over board, as you level that stat its going to start costing you more points to raise it. As far as DEX for crafting you can buy the Traits from the THM or CON guild and swap points without sacrificing your points from INT and PIE.
    (0)

http://dymaxion.enjin.com/

If you're Physical Level 50--and with the recent addition of MP Regen--you can add as much VIT as you want.

INT/PIE make a difference up to a point. I've fought NMs with 90 PIE and with 140 PIE (wearing +20PIE in rings both times) and there's not a significant difference.

VIT will cost more and more as you continue to raise it (2/stat from 40-80, 3/stat from 80-128, 4/stat after that), but it will continue to give you 3HP/point up to 174. If you're looking to solo NMs or something, load up on VIT. If not, load up on VIT.

MND was almost equally important before 1.16, but really doesn't matter anymore. If you're soloing you might want a little bit more, but if you're doing anything in a group, you can cast (for example): poison2/bio2/dia2/shadowsear/sacrifice3 >> enter passive mode and count to 20 >> you have full MP.

Not to mention you still have Siphon MP II and/or Exaltation (50% MP return).

I'm still toying with allocation (I change every day atm), but going with:
    VIT - 140ish
    INT - 16, or 40-80 if you really want to (take the difference out of MND)
    MND - 75-100; I've been dropping this lower, and lower, and lower...
    PIE - 80-110; I think it makes a small difference over 100, but it is DEFINITELY a small one.

If one of the coming patches makes PIE/MND/INT more relevant to the casting side of THM, I'll be rolling low VIT 24/7. For now though, they really are expendable.
    (0)

An update:

Last night I fought NMs with 202 PIE. Base 165 + 20 (rings) + 15 (conversion traits) + 2 (gear).

I noticed no benefit at all over 90 PIE. The stat cap is 174--wasn't sure if that was before/after gear, so I went with 165+stats/gear for 202.

With a Jade Crook +2, I land about 65-75% of my debuffs on NMs. I do use THM affinity trait, but I'm not sure if being CON will just always make my debuffs less likely to land. With 90 PIE, or 202 PIE, I land 65-75%.

I thought I was convinced before but I guess I needed one more trial to put me over the edge...I'm going VIT all the way until a version patch addresses stats having a purpose.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aliester Crowley
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I thought one benefit for PIE was DoT damage. Poison II does kick some butt with high PIE.

Stat scaling is far off (which they admit), and it would be nice to have some actual numbers for DoT damage.
    (0)

Ah I'm a total noob,my first character is a thaumaturge.....

Okay so I wanna build up INT and PIE....but when should I start pumpin VIT???

ALSO, what order should I build my stats!?!?

Thanks buddies
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aliester Crowley
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Early on, VIT is your friend! In fact, it impacts play far more than anything else (and it tied to many crafting jobs as well)

I don't think I dropped below 80 VIT until I had some real gear and ran in parties more than solo'n.

It really is the best stat still, but in the hunt for more damage and better debuffs you will start to favor INT/PIE more.

Hope this helps!
    (0)

Player

I dropped Pie from 100-80 and didn't really notice any noticeable difference in damage from dots or chance of landing the dots. I may raise it up to 90. Question, as a conjurer, do you notice a bump in damage from INT? Or should I keep that around 90 and just pump Vit up?
    (0)

thanks crowley. now i know the importance of having vit. i do know my char is quite squishy right now
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kissell View Post
    Question, as a conjurer, do you notice a bump in damage from INT? Or should I keep that around 90 and just pump Vit up?
    I raised INT from 18-90 and raised my damage on Dodore's Minions a little bit--not a lot. There's a noticeable difference, but not a significant one. AOE Water II went from hitting for like 225-250 to around 270-300ish.

Raising it over 80 gives greatly diminished returns. I really wish they'd address this as a higher priority...being able to reallocate however you want is a lot less cool when VIT's the only thing that matter above 80-90 points.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast