Player
    Character
    Mike Prophet
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

So lets talk magic accuracy VS. Piety

As stated in the title, which do you find more useful as THM? Are people using gear with +magic accuracy? or +Piety? I would love to here peoples thoughts.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yisi; 03-13-2011 at 12:39 AM.

Player

I believe that the main stats such as Magic Accuracy should be the ones of primary concern when selecting gear. Those stats are the ones that have the greater impact in damage/accuracy calculation. As for Piety, you can just allocate more points to it whenever you please, so boosting it with gear isn't a top priority.
    (0)

Player

yes, M.acc is the main concern if you wants to land debuff easier
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kid Kaze
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by LadaraHamiki View Post
    I believe that the main stats such as Magic Accuracy should be the ones of primary concern when selecting gear. Those stats are the ones that have the greater impact in damage/accuracy calculation. As for Piety, you can just allocate more points to it whenever you please, so boosting it with gear isn't a top priority.

Yeah, Im of this opinion too. PIE is easier to get, so I try to focus on getting +M.Acc gear when/where I can
    (0)

Player

At this point I'm assuming that many of the stats in FFXIV function in the same way as the stats in FFXI.

In FFXI, +10 Dex = +5 Accuracy (plus a small boost to critical hit rate).

In FFXIV, I'm assuming +10 Pie = +5 Mag. Accuracy (or so, plus a small boost to debuff damage and duration).

If this is correct, Magic Accuracy is the more beneficial stat just like Accuracy was more beneficial than Dex in FFXI, but again, this is a total assumption on my part.
    (0)
    Last edited by Aiko; 03-14-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Player
    Character
    Mason Jarkle
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    PIE is what makes your debuffs stick to an enemy and last. So the more PIE you have, the longer that a debuff will last on said target. In a way, for THM, they're equally important as far as battle tactics go. You need magic accuracy in order to hit the target, and you want those debuffs lasting as long as possible on the enemy so you can be casting other debuffs or being a sub healer for a big NM party. This will also help to conserve MP and also allow time for casting absorb MP on your targets if you're getting a little low. That's my opinion on it.
    (0)

Player

I honestly don't think Piety is working as a stat yet. I can find no pattern or difference in my casting period when having low or high piety. Mind is about the same.... At least Int gives more MP.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Fiofel Zalalafell
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 1
    Whether I have 40 Piety or 80 Piety, it feels like I have the same success with debuffs and a widely varying duration. A lot of debuffs, I can't scarcely notice the impact on an enemy unless it's Poison, Dia, or Bio, and that's only the damage over time effect.
    (0)

Player

PIE also increases the damage thm's DoTs deal. It also increases the amount a thm will siphon. I have 130 PIE and I averagely get 200+ mp from my siphon MP 2.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatLeviathan
    Prolly live in their mommy's basement playing the game 23/7.

Player
    Character
    King Simotsu
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50

Piety and Magical stats as a whole.

Mind = Higher MP, Higher Cures.
    Intelligence = More Damage from spells.
    Piety = Duration of spells(IE: Burn, Blind, Paralyze.), and less resistance(Magic Accuracy)

As of right now I have noticed equips do not add MP via Mind; Only base mind will add MP.

I am unaware of anything else that is gimped due to equips atm. But anyway Piety vs Magic accuracy..

I feel Piety is the better trait because accuracy will only help on resistance, I do not think accuracy affect duration. I am both 50 THM and 50 CNJ my DoM stat base is as follows;
    Strength: 12
    Vitality: 65
    Dexterity: 15
    Intelligence: 122
    Mind: 115
    Piety: 109
    As far as equips go you have to have a different set for each of the following tasks:
    Healing, Enfeebling/Backup Heals, and DD. I have not really encountered too much problems with being resisted. Also you can use Purge to render the enemy neutral to all elements. At this point almost all Enfeebling spells will land effectively.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast