Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Thm Stats?

Quote Originally Posted by NoMX View Post
    Well, first of all having more MP is beneficial for the following three reasons...

1) Exaltation gives you half your max MP back. If you have 800 mp, you get 400... If you have 1400, you get 700 back.

2) The higher max MP you have the more you seem to regen per tick when your weapon is away. Before I boosted my mind up again, I was getting about 12 a tick for the first few seconds. Now i get a good bit more.

3) All monsters, including NM's and NM adds have an MP pool. Once this is gone you CANNOT siphon MP anymore. You can bleed an NM dry of MP in 3-5 minutes, even if you only have 3 or 4 casters.
    These are good points, but will be much better points if/when stats are made more potent.

1) Exaltation was essential before MP regen. Now it's helpful, but I haven't even used it since 1.6. My tanks goes Aegis Boon II >> Deflection- that's ~30 seconds of little-to-no damage. I spend this time with my weapon sheathed.

2) Higher MP adding to MP regen I like a lot. I'll probably take advantage of this when stats are adjusted. Honestly, I'm hoping they raise MP costs, or slow regen or something...to me, MP management was between good & tough before, and now it's a joke- I can't spend it as fast as I can get it back.

3) They do all have their pools, but I've never seen one emptied in 3-5mins. An aoe siphon1 on Dodore's Minions will get me 700+ (which for me is like 80% of my pool). My LS kills Dodore in 6-8 minutes right now, and I haven't had a siphon fail yet.

In XI I used the Light Staff because MP management was pretty delicate, and efficiency was necessary, worthwhile & rewarded. The cure potency was a big help.

In XIV the cure potency helps efficiency, but it's almost harder to be inefficient than not. I'll always want more MP, but when I can siphon for an entire pool, or just put my weapon away for 20 seconds and regain almost 200 MP, I'd rather just add those stats to my INT/damage or PIEcuracy, but since PIE/INT seem to be pretty ineffective after 80-90... I just default to MND/VIT---mainly VIT.

I want to maximize my effectiveness, be the best that I can at my class, but when returns are so curved/diminished, it doesn't (to me) feel rewarding, and my group doesn't really benefit.

I'm coming to the realization that I can't make a post in this thread without it turning into a "change the stat formulas" rant--I'm gonna stop here.

Quote Originally Posted by Umo View Post
    I thought you can't Siphon MP any NM, am I wrong?
    Great Buffalo, Uraeus can't be siphoned. Easy enough to grab crabs/toads/squirrels/doe.

Dodore's Minions can all be siphoned and they stay in the spot where they die even after Dodore dies (assuming you kill him first), so you can AOE siphon minions for 600-700+ MP.

Hotpockets' Bouncers have some MP- when it runs out, just siphon lemur/ladybug/whatever's around.
    (0)

Just duo'ed Dodo several times this morning. Didn't have it run out of MP once even though it takes a good 20-30 minutes to kill.

Edit: I only have base MND of 17.
    (0)
    http://bluegarterls.com

Player
    Character
    Lelouch Laperouge
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    I'm only so stupid Thaum and have:
    14 Str
    40 Vit
    14 Dex
    And over 110+ Mind, Int and Piety?
    (0)
    Last edited by Laperouge; 03-27-2011 at 04:24 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ari Nahoki
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Laperouge View Post
    I'm only so stupid Thaum and have:
    14 Str
    40 Vit
    14 Dex
    And over 110+ Mind, Int and Piety?
    I used to have a lot invested in INT,MND,PIE with points, gear, and stat>stat traits. But after reading Kaeko's blog and seeing what a lot of others have had to say, I've begun pouring more into VIT. Before I hovered around 80, now i'm getting up to around 150. My damage really hasn't been suffering at all. I keep PIE somewhat high, and MND mediumish. INT I'm starting to get rid of slowly.

I don't think you should invest in any of the other melee stats other than VIT though
    (0)
    Taru for life

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3