Player
    Character
    Roy Fokker
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60

I think I made a mistake

So a while back, I decide to have fun but at my time and expense. Well thanks a lot Dev, will I always loose out from now on; will my points stay the same because someone can't do math.

I am very disappoint at Novus now. Novus was a waste of time, if you wanted me to put 44 and 31, then say that don't give me a option; then say, Ha Ha loser, I meant it this way. Or maybe, I need to go back and read closer.
    (0)

http://www.twitch.tv/mogul1x

Player
    Character
    Velo'a Nharoz
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I'm so confused...what exactly was your mistake?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tomba Labomba
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Checking out his Lodestone character, he has chosen 5 different secondary stats, including Parry and Skill speed for his DRG. I assume players he met told him that it was maybe not the best choice.

But it is not the End of the World. Keep in mind that the secondary stats have only little impact on your Damage. The weapon damage itself is what is really important. The rest can be either chosen to push the smallest portion of DMG out of it or to bridge actual imbalance or missing items (e. g. ACC cap).

Additionally, the guy in North Shroud has an option to completely redo your secondary stats. Of course it means you have to get 75 Alexandrites and the Materia again but it is up to you to change what you have initially chosen.

I actually like the Freedom they provided us with. You can do whatever you want without it is ever becoming a total fail because again, secondary stats are not that important. Otherwise we wouldn't have such a choice.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alan Turing
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by TomTom1968 View Post
    Of course it means you have to get 75 Alexandrites and the Materia again but it is up to you to change what you have initially chosen.
    Wrong, this is totally wrong. You only need alex and materia for what you want to reset. If you want to reset 2 points, you need 2 alex and two metaria, thats it. Even if your novus is bugged now you can relatively easy change it to what you want.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    You made a new topic just for this? once again it's not SE mistake for giving there player base the option. No matter how much option they give us at the end the players would fine the best stats. Which end up making you have to use it if you ever want to be part of a endgame raid party. Even in World of Warcraft people was kicked from raid for not having the right spec. Thank god i was too busy playing FFXI to be part of all that but even if i was not.

I was smart enough to search what is best for my SMN and found out DET/CRIT was one of the best option for my build.

So just go and farm alex and get some materia and fix your mistake it's pretty simple to fix. Also please don't make 50+topic about somewhat the same issue. You said you want parry to block more because your a solo player you can put w/e stats you want on your novus. That the option but if you want to be part of Endgame most Raid party may not let you in with that. Which you could always get the old Coil wep and use your novus for solo.

Or fix the mistake which would only take a few days if you have the time for it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 10-07-2014 at 07:12 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tomba Labomba
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Grotesque View Post
    Wrong, this is totally wrong. You only need alex and materia for what you want to reset. If you want to reset 2 points, you need 2 alex and two metaria, thats it. Even if your novus is bugged now you can relatively easy change it to what you want.
    I was talking about a complete redoing of all stats, not about just a tiny portion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alan Turing
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by TomTom1968 View Post
    I was talking about a complete redoing of all stats, not about just a tiny portion.
    Yes you can redo all stats with the full process, but you don't need to. Just replace the stuff you placed wrong and keep the rest. Much less hassle.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tomba Labomba
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    ^^ it is for sure and I was actually surprised they offered it this way. I assumed, if there will be a redo option, it will only be a "all or nothing" choice.
    (0)