Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoohre_WildRiver View Post
    wasent fenrir mention somewhere in the lore regarding the moons and being the actual moons deity pet/companion? ...like in 1.0 or something
    This was actually a theory of mine when Dalamud became more prominent and I posted about it quite a lot. Dalamud was called Menphina's Hound (Fenrir being a dog/wolf) and the red hue became Menphina's Hound bathing in the blood of the Vile Fiend (no theory to what this actually was). Fenrir COULD still be Menphina's Hound...almost nothing is known about the Twelve and really what the Primals are or their purpose. We know Midgarsormr was a Guardian (of Silvertear Lake) and Travanchet (an Ascian from 1.0) stole a Horn that was said to be used in the sealing of Seal Rock (real name maybe lost in history?) and that within Seal Rock was a great beast (Thalaos? I believe) sealed away by Llymalaen. So there are indeed great beasts still out there (Nidohogg being one that is still alive)..

There's nothing stopping Fenrir and Diabolos becoming more prominent in later storylines, I think the issue is that they're simply in dungeons that we run for a few weeks and then forget about. Though personally I thought Fenrir would return as a boss for Amdapor Keep HM and flesh out the Lambs of Dalamud storyline who are still obsessed with Dalamud, again the lesser moon being Menphina's Hound.
    (2)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Character
    Coraline Priduex
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Actually Fenrir was under bosses in the art book, the book had a primal section, if he was goIng to be a primal he would of been put in the primal section of the art book. Also, he was an elder primal in another game, this is FFXIV with its own rules. If you're a real final fantasy fan you would know that every final fantasy game is of a different world and lore, aside from series such as 13.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Kio Solais
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 90
    I really like when they reuse previous battle bosses such as the flavor of CT/ST, but I really wish they would stop using previous summon characters as mere fodder bosses. They don't have to be primals per se, as the lore of this game doesn't quite leave much room for it, but I'd just like to see something more special with these guys.

Also, I'm kind of disappointed Fenrir wasn't reserved as a beastmaster pet. That would have been badassed. Oh well.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Skadi Felis
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoohre_WildRiver View Post
    wasent fenrir mention somewhere in the lore regarding the moons and being the actual moons deity pet/companion? ...like in 1.0 or something
    Do you mean Dalamud?
    The moon is named after the moon goddess, Menphina. And Dalamud was called as Menphina's watchdog.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aria Jade
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    yet nobody complained when Clouds AC motorcycle turned out to be Fenrir...
    (2)

Player

All I can say on the subject is how I loved that Garuda, Titan and Ifrit came out at the same time as a chain quest. I liked working towards something. Now it's constantly; defeat one primal and you're done. Quite disappointing... Thats why I'm sad Fenrir just appears in a dungeon, like Diablos and Siren as mentioned before. There needs to be more challenging(-ish) content than just Coil.
    (0)
    ~Crazy cat lady of Zero Tolerance.

Player
    Character
    Azarim Erro
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    That's......highly debatable.
    Fenrir has very little exposure outside of FFXI. I didn't play FFXI, so I don't know how Fenrir ties into the story of FFXI. However, having played FFVII -> FFX, FFXII and FFXIII, I'm quite aware of the presence of Ifrit, Shiva, Bahamut, Odin, Alexander.

Which is the thing. Fenrir only had one major exposure in one game, FFXI. The main primals apart from Garuda had much more exposure in previous installments. So while Fenrir is very well-known amongst the FFXI playerbase, amongst the FF-franchise playerbase, Fenrir's popularity is very much not a given.

Heck, I didn't even know Fenrir was female! I always assumed she was a male until I read this thread and people calling Fenrir a 'she' or 'her'.

Quote Originally Posted by ExKage View Post
    I have not played FFXI once. Why should FFXIV cater more to FFXI comers' expectations than others?

I will be upset that Ragnarok is not more than just a dungeon boss if appear at all! I will be upset if Phoenix is just a dungeon boss if at all! Chocobo should be a trial too just like Quezacotl, Anima, and Ixion! No fates! No dungeon bosses! Need to be better than those!
    Ragnarok has appeared. As the Binding Coils of Bahamut. The actual structures we fight in are called the Ragnaroks.

To be fair, Ragnarok, outside of its appearance as a weapon, has so many different versions of it that's its hard to make itself known as just one diety. Ragnarok has been an airship, a summon, a plot-element beast, a plot-element apocalypse, an accessory, and server names.
    (5)
    Last edited by whoopeeragon; 10-07-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Helios Etoilefilante
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Working as intended.
    (0)
    Again I saw that under the sun the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, nor bread to the wise, nor riches to the intelligent, nor favor to those with knowledge, but time and chance happen to them all.

Character
    Zanon Reeves
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    I honestly think fenrir is a mount looks like something is on its back in one of the pictures those blue dots behind his head look out of place.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zantitrach Aergahrsyn
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by silentwindfr View Post
    About garuda she was first seen into FF11, but well don't forget that the game at the start was under Tanaka control and he was from FF11, a lot of the work on Garuda was already done probably then they have use her. outside this, if you look at all the trial added, they are the most know and present of the summons (will not count FF14):

- ifrit : 8 games
    - Titan: 6 games
    - Ramuh: 7 games
    - Shiva: 10 games
    - Leviathan: 8 games

some of this number can be almost doubled with the game not mainstream, like the FF7 crisis core, FF12 revenant wing, FFT,....

ps: Alexander only 6 games ^^

source: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Summons

In this case.... calling it. Chocobo Primal. Good game guys. We're doomed.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast