Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Shaon Beiz
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    just a heads up, I couldnt sleep lastnight over the damn renaming of the default game directory. I wanted to have Raptr Gaming Evolved work and it was not happy that the ffxiv.exe game was no longer in the right folder b/c I changed the name.

Another update, I have been looking in the registry for anything related to FFXIV and found this entry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Direct3D\Shims\MaximizedWindowedMode

It had an entry for FFXIV and was enabled with =1

I changed it to 0, renamed the game folder back to default name and started FFXIV.

Crossfire logo popped up and I am able to alt-tab in/out and crossfire stays on.

hopefully this stays like this, any suggestions what this is or how it happened ?

maybe because I played the game once in Borderless Windowed Mode ?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shaon Beiz
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    oh yea, and I'm F'n amazing for getting this BS figured out was driving me damn crazy

So adjust the DPI options on FFXIV.exe and Change this registry entry and good to go.

On a sidenote AMD and Squre Enix were no help with this issue.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shaon; 12-16-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Brytor Tatriez
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I need to go give some of these a try because I would really like crossfire working again.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Brytor Tatriez
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Brytor View Post
    I need to go give some of these a try because I would really like crossfire working again.
    Did the changes, CrossFire sort of works. Now see a very uneven load distribution. It's not uncommon for one GPU to be 100% and one <10% and then they swap which one is high and which one is low.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lufkin Dufrane
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    I've had to turn off my cross-fire. It's a bummer. A fix would be awesome.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karis Angara
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    I'm suffering from this as well. Apparently a single R9 290 isn't enough to get me more than 30-40 FPS in Revenant's Toll on busy nights, and that's in single-monitor borderless window mode. I'd like to use Eyefinity but it's just not an option as things are now.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Culfinrandir Caladel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 70
    It's a problem that's existed, at least for me, since 2.3. Don't expect a response, despite many threads about the interaction between FFXIV and AMD cards there's not, to my knowledge, been an acknowledgement.

Given how powerful some of the PCs that are having problems I can only assume it's bad programming within the game as no other piece of software exhibits such issues.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thamuz Sect
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    i'm with you guys having 3 monitors with eyefinity and 2x7870's i'm maxing at 30 fps on maximum this needs to be addressed
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gor Geist
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 50
    Look at your V-sync settings in your driver settings(Catalyst, or Nvidia control panel) and make sure it's completely disabled. It worked for me, maybe it will work for you.
    (0)
    Last edited by Goregeist; 04-28-2015 at 11:35 AM.

Player
    Character
    Brytor Tatriez
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I am back after almost 2 months of moving and found CrossFire seems to be working better after all the updates were downloaded. However, performance still seems extremely sub par compared to other programs. Even using CrossFire in Mor Doma with a single monitor I still drop to under 30 FPS with 2x R9 290x cards. The only good thing is that using the new Benchmark I manged to get CrossFire working with it and see a big improvement with DX11. The sad part is I get a almost the same score on maximum settings then I do when set to "High (Desktop)" (15003 vs 14599) but the lower settings actually perform much worse in a number of places but better in others to even it out.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast