Player
    Character
    Kyalia Ja'tal
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonou View Post
    Wow.. I'm getting the latest Asus GTX980 Strix and now you're scarring me with all those issues..
    This is only SLI that is having the issue, which is what leads me away from CPU being the problem as it was never an issue with my 680's in SLI, which I ran in 1080p with settings the same other than the resolution without issue. I'm almost 100% certain this is a driver issue with the SLI setup for the 700's, Titans and 900's for nvidia, as earlier cards and crossfire cards do not have this problem. If it is a CPU bottleneck and the driver (Nvd3dnum.dll I take it?) would be at more than 14% and would still be an nVidia driver issue, that needs to be worked out with SE and nVidia. I get that being DirectX 9 requires more CPU, but the fact this ONLY happens with SLI and ONLY with newer cards means something is not playing nice otherwise all cards would have this issue.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyalia Ja'tal
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Hopefully you can make more sense out of this, but here is process explore for it with the problem and FPS is at 30...

Utilization for FFXIV is only 26%, for the threads 8.5% for the nvidia driver, 8.16 for the client

then when I turn away and it goes to 150 fps, SLI goes full throttle:

So perhaps you can help explain since I am a bit out of my element, why does the CPU and GPU drop when the lighting effect is in view, then when it is out of view, it jumps up with the framerate? If anything wouldn't we expect the CPU to go higher even if it is capped at 25% (1 core) for the video driver if the CPU was the bottleneck? To me it seems like something in the drivers is causing it to flake out with SLI on when it tries to render that effect. Like it is unsure of which card to push to, so it just does nothing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyalia Ja'tal
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Also I wanted to make sure that you know it wasn't sarcasm I know a lot of people are having this issue and if we can get to the root cause, without me having to run back to my 680's and others switching to AMD then we are helping a lot of people. It seems SE and nVidia aren't too concerned with it.

I also noted in your screenshots in Mor Dohna, I expect my framerates to drop in high populated areas. That's going to happen period no matter what card SLI or not. That is a limitation with not just DX9 but MMO's in general.

Being alone, in Fallgourd Float, looking at a single object and the framerate dropping so low, then just moving the camera 200 pixels to the left and it going back is not normal.
    (0)
    Last edited by Schmak01; 10-25-2014 at 05:14 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kaya Yuuna
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    You're actually getting more than 12% on the main threads O.o, something you don't see on single cards.

SLI must be multithreaded, anyhow... not the point.

I haven't found a way to test in fallguord, its fairly active on Cerberus.
    But yes, I suspect the drivers D3D9 recompiler isn't optimised for the 9x0 architecture at present.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Koroem Kha
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Latest word is Dx11 client might be available by the end of the year. Lets cross our fingers that this would resolve the lighting issue. Dx11 should have a ton of optimizations for things like this I would think.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kyalia Ja'tal
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Squa11_Leonhart View Post
    You're actually getting more than 12% on the main threads O.o, something you don't see on single cards.

SLI must be multithreaded, anyhow... not the point.

I haven't found a way to test in fallguord, its fairly active on Cerberus.
    But yes, I suspect the drivers D3D9 recompiler isn't optimised for the 9x0 architecture at present.
    I can also go to Wineport and test, with the first coil entrance there, if it is still up... I haven't looked around wineport since 2.2
    (0)

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7