Player
    Character
    Raist Soulforge
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by xiley View Post
    I bump all this has been happening to me for the past 4 or 5 weeks it starts around 6 pm est all days prime time i guess but you would imagine a game that you pay for would e able to handle the server load. what else do we pay for the customer support oh wait there really isnt any.

Dcing in coils lag really bad in open world and instance servers unplayable

ISP: WoWWay server: Diabolos
    Looks like you're using a "lower tier" last mile ISP. Quick search shows one "major" agreement with Level3.net for upstream, and Vectren (tied into AT&T) for downstream.

http://www.cidr-report.org/cgi-bin/as-report?as=AS29859

Basically, potentially looks like more of the same issues in route we've been seeing over and over again--congestion during the peering/transit portions. It appears you're ISP is partnering with two ISP's that have been having issues off and on for some time. Might be worth it to run some traces both during good and bad latency periods to forward to their Tier3 support and push for escalation if they show any issues between you and Ormuco (SE's ISP).
    (0)
    Last edited by Raist; 10-26-2014 at 09:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Elenya Silvermoon
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    This issue occurs for me too. I have notice a little bit of lag at the end of September, but now, I can't play at all because of lag. (Im a healer.. i CANT lag.. ) Starting from maybe 7 pm EST until late at night, I just can't participate in dungeons or things where speed is required because im lagging like hell. I can't progress ingame and im stuck at harvesting and maybe some crafting.. It's been a while now, and we are not talking about a small company here. If Square Enix doesn't take this lag issue seriously, they will loose players.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Leo Lera
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 54

Please Fix East Coast Lag

Just want to add my two cents in that I too have been having major lag problems during the last several months.

I am on the East Coast, USA, Primal Data Center. I connect to the Montreal server with Verizon FIOS. And during peak game hours, around 7-8pm, I get moderate to severe lag issues. Slow ping and packet loss.

Tracing the packets determined that there was a hop somewhere after NYC that keeps dropping packets and thus causing this lag. Verizon can't do anything about that router. I hope that Square Enix will.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3