Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Seif Dincht
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    Honestly it's time for common sense. They've had amazing landscapes that people loved and these few artists who designed them. This has been the core of FF titles for over a decade. They tried to switch it up by putting new people in charge.

Any sane person would fix the thing that didn't turn out well by using those artists that have been proven they can do it not only with good quality but exceptional awe-inspiring originality.

It's better to use people who can do it than just go tell your AD "can you develop some imagination please?"
    (3)

Player

I think they should try to make things look as visually identical to their concept art as possible, i know its hard since the art is not a 3d render, although, their art allways look lallafelling awesome, really atmospheric.
    One small thing that have bugged me for a while is how the conceptdrawings allways show characters wearing cloaks, but they dont exist atall, it seems that they strip alot of the fantasy and "awe" from the art when doing the renders, its a bit sad since this is what allways made the FF design so splendid.
    (0)

Community Rep
    Yoshida wanted us to pass along that they're currently busy working on patch 1.19, but that once it's released, he'll be able to discuss a variety of interesting topics, so hang in there for a bit longer!
    (64)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Ajax Sol
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I've always thought it would be nice, in the areas between zones... Thanalan > Black shroud; Black Shroud > Coerthas/Mor'dhona; that there should be visible signs the zone is changing.

For example, Thanalan & Gridania zones; on Gridania side, patches of dirt and trees from thanalaan, maybe a dried up river; on Thanalan side, sparse patches of grass etc... The areas between the two could resemble each other and become an area of their own, neither completely thanalan or completely the black shroud.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Shyd Etine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaran View Post
    I've always thought it would be nice, in the areas between zones... Thanalan > Black shroud; Black Shroud > Coerthas/Mor'dhona; that there should be visible signs the zone is changing.

For example, Thanalan & Gridania zones; on Gridania side, patches of dirt and trees from thanalaan, maybe a dried up river; on Thanalan side, sparse patches of grass etc... The areas between the two could resemble each other and become an area of their own, neither completely thanalan or completely the black shroud.
    Grid > Thanalan and Thanalan > Grid areas I think you can see a change, but you have to understand that the path there is in a canyon. So you enter the canyon in the forest and exit into a desert. Same with like Coerthas > Gridania, and Gridania > Thanalan. You can see the tops of the trees on the otherside of the canyon, mountain range.
    (0)

Vicious Linkshell
    www.viciouslinkshell.com

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Yoshida wanted us to pass along that they're currently busy working on patch 1.19, but that once it's released, he'll be able to discuss a variety of interesting topics, so hang in there for a bit longer!
    I guess that goes together with: (from my translation thread back in June)

===============================================

we should have a lot more info after 1.19 per YoshiP's last post.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    パッチ1.19リリース後くらいには、すべてお知らせしたいと頑張っていますので、
    引き続き宜しくお願いします!
    After the patch 1.19 release, will try to explain everything. Please continue to support us!

In his post he was talking about quests and stuff how right now they are trying to increase number of quests available since this game didn't any ANY to begin with and once enough amount is put into the game will start connecting the quests to the stories. I guess stuff we asked like having quest relate, give more information on history, or city, or current situation, etc.

His original post: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...l=1#post205070
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aaran Oni
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukkirii View Post
    Didn't he say that separate teams were working on separate projects. Unless patch 1.19 contains new areas or that the redesign work for Eorzea hasn't started at all then i don't see why we can't get a few screenshots of some artwork.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zanfire Leoz
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Onidemon View Post
    Didn't he say that separate teams were working on separate projects. Unless patch 1.19 contains new areas or that the redesign work for Eorzea hasn't started at all then i don't see why we can't get a few screenshots of some artwork.
    yah i dont get it either.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Captain Lalafist
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 82
    Patch 1.19 contains new areas.

So let's hype them before getting ahead of ourselves.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ezra Guilian
    World
    Gungnir
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 32
    I think there are two stages of the reworking of FFXIV that they are working on. The summer "fix it," and then there is a bigger reworking that involves the zone redesign. 1.19 is going to mark the end of the summer fixing period. I think Yoshi-P doesn't want to divert the talk of the current work to that of what is going on in the future. One step at a time so to speak.
    (4)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast