Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    S'ynclair Nunh
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

Why shouldn't someone be allowed to watch the cutscenes on first playthrough?

Today, I did Praetorium for the first time in my life, which contains some of the most lore intense and important cutscenes in the game. I found myself enjoying them immensely, but after the first couple of cutscenes, people started to complain. Now, I have gotten this far and had mostly positive experiences with my groups, but it seems not so much today.

These two particular people would not stop complaining about the couple of us who were watching the cutscenes and tried to kick both me and the few others multiple times throughout the run, but were not able to.

Now I know and realize that one could watch the scenes later on from the book, but I do not think that is relevant for first time runs, they are put in place for a reason by the developers.

In addition to this, square enix hands out an additional 100 relics if a new member is present for this dungeon. why? likely for this very reason, so that people wouldn't abuse new players.

So, I tried my best and I did still manage to enjoy the cutscenes, but all the cussing and complaining that those two were doing was ever present in the back of my mind and I knew I would receive verbal abuse the minute I came out (and I was not disappointed).
    (85)

Player
    Character
    Foxxy Hills
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    When you done PR a million times, you soon too will know why.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Dyvid Pandemonium
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelMoon View Post
    Then you should stop doing story mode roulette.
    (157)

Player
    Character
    Jesse Branford
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    You are allowed to watch all your cutscenes.

Anyone who tells you other wise can get bent. If you get vote kicked for doing it, report the party. They take that very seriously.
    (93)

Player
    Character
    S'ynclair Nunh
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelMoon View Post
    They hand out more relics if new players are present, so new players actually save them multiple runs.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Aylis Tessier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Watch your cut scenes ^o^ to hell with people that complain.

Fact is SE created this monster with this system of forced dungeons in story progression, further infuriated by elder players going back to these places via the daily roulette. They don't want to do them, they want to get them over and done with as fast as possible and collect what rewards they can get all while mostly assuming everyone in the party has also done the dungeon 50 bazillion times.

Sadly cos of the system there will never be a compromise between players. At best you can do is nicely say you are new and wish to watch the cut scenes and leave it at that. A lot of players will be really amazing and let you watch the scenes in peace but yeah there will always be that one or two players. >_>
    (38)
    Last edited by Aylis; 09-22-2014 at 10:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tonrak Totorak
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    this has been an ongoing debate since last year. When I do MS DF i always do it with the expectation that people may not wanna speed run. In fact, I don't mind folks that had a premade party telling me they want to watch CS since thier friends are new.

With so many people being i110 they people who wanna do speed runs can probably do it without that many participants. A shame this is still going on.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Sora Burakku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Maybe at the start mention "first playthrough, and I will be watching cutscenes. Thanks!" just for a heads up. If you are DPS they can generally carry on without you, but you might be a little lost trying to catch up.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Naiyah Nanaya
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    This complaint is as old as the hills and to be honest, it's never going to change. Sure, it sucks that you get some groups that insist you rush through the dungeon (and for good reason, you'd want to rush after your 100+ time through too), but the alternative is SE removing the story dungeons and the bonus from the roulette meaning you could possibly spend days in queue if you didn't make your own groups.

If I had to choose between spending days in queue for old content so I can see it at its "intended" pace or having someone rush me through it so I can get to the current end-game content that's gated behind it, I'd much rather have the latter experience. SE apparently agrees which is why the roulette is set up the way it is and why they added Party Finder with options that express the desire to take the dungeon slowly and watch cutscenes.
    (5)
    Am I even allowed to be this strong?

Player
    Character
    Nierati Bojmir
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by MageBlack View Post
    Maybe at the start mention "first playthrough, and I will be watching cutscenes. Thanks!" just for a heads up. If you are DPS they can generally carry on without you, but you might be a little lost trying to catch up.
    you can always tell a new players is in group by the bonus they don't need to advise this. I don't mind them afk for cs doesn't stop us from running on through the dungeon as long as 1 good healer, 1 tank and a few dps to get on through.
    (0)

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast