Player
    Character
    Miko Miy
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50

WHM questions

so i got my CNJ to lvl 22 and i fee like im doing a good job but i wanted to ask if the whm has a rotation like my bard or sum?

and any tip/ hint would be grate too
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Brady Phelan
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Well...

You might put regen on the tank at the conclusion of a fight and you might buff everyone with stoneskin before each fight, but during the fight itself, your actions are pretty much based upon who takes how much damage...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Miko Miy
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    ok thats what i thought.... i have never been a healer ever so this is all new to me
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Areku Foxfire
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    You see health bar that isn't full and you make it full.

When it comes to the basics that's all there is to it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Asny Rak'nys
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    But don't get obssessive with 100%... 80%-90% will do in most cases. It wastes MP.
    (0)

6. 09-19-2014 04:36 PM
    Reason
    consensus unhelpful, removing.

Player
    Character
    Mar Vell
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    As an experienced WHM I have to say I found this guide to be somewhat rubbish. Cleric Stance and Holy have 0/5 utility and should never be used in a party??? That's ridiculous.

I usually cast Regen on the tank and then use Cleric Stance + Presence of Mind + Holy on big groups of adds and it does the job every time. A good WHM should heal when they must and switch to DPS to help the party when appropriate.

So my advice is, when you are still on lower levels, focus on healing. A WHM's best spell for me is Regen and should be used a lot once you get it (just wait until your tank has aggro before you cast it). But when you reach higher levels and feel more comfortable in your role, I think it's important that you use your attacking skills too. A high level WHM with good weapon/gear and Cleric Stance on is no slouch when it comes to attacking.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
    Well...

You might put regen on the tank at the conclusion of a fight
    This is terrible advice that will lead to one of two things:

1. Your death
    2. Making the tank have to work much harder.

You want to put regen up at the START of a fight. If you put it up at the end, then it will likely still be up when the tank approaches the next set of mobs. And then all the mobs will come straight for you when that regen ticks, because the tank hasn't had a chance to establish hate on all mobs yet. So again, when you get Regen at 35, NEVER use it at the end of a fight. HP raises very fast when out of battle, or if u need to get the tank up before the next set, just use cure.

At level 22, healing is incredibly easy. You don't even have Stoneskin or Regen to worry about yet. Figure out how much your cure heals for, and don't heal the tank until he needs the full heal. I found it very boring actually, till I discovered the magic that is stance dancing. WHM can actually do pretty respectable damage when in Cleric Stance. So if you find yourself bored, or really want to impress your party, pop Cleric Stance (when its safe, ie: the start of a fight) and go to town with aero/stone. Make sure you take it off when you need to heal again. Then at 50, WHM can easily be the top dps against trash mobs in dungeons. Fun times.

OP and any other new healers, please IGNORE THE HELL out of that link. Don't even click it if you can help it. Cleric Stance and Holy are amazing skills. I guess I should thank guides like that. Almost every time I run a dungeon someone comments how they wish more WHM would dps like me.
    (3)
    Last edited by Odd; 09-19-2014 at 08:25 PM.

9. 09-19-2014 08:53 PM
    Reason
    not worth starting a war in NPH

Player
    Character
    Synestr Ashbringer
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Yea the regen comment might have been a troll. Regen will pull all aggro to you when the tank pulls if it is still ticking down. If you land stoneskin right when the tank pulls the same will happen, then comes the O'sheet moments from tank and yourself. Lower level it's not that bad but higher up it can be problematic.

Stoneskin when you first enter the duty. For pulls at your level consider Clerics > Aero > Stone > repeat till tank needs a heal > Clerics off > Cure, rinse and repeat. The earlier you get used to how stance dancing works the better you will be in the long run and the more you will contribute to your runs.

You don't want to be that WHM that just stands there with their stick in their hands....heh. Do something. If no heals are needed, DPS.

What Odd said above is spot on.
    (2)

11. 09-19-2014 09:18 PM
    Reason
    not worth starting a war in NPH

Player
    Character
    Brady Phelan
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Synestr View Post
    Yea the regen comment might have been a troll.
    Um, no.
    You put regen on at the end so that you won't get as much hate during the entire fight.

If you do things a different way, that's fine. No need for insults.
    (0)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Amnesia View Post
    Um, no.
    You put regen on at the end so that you won't get as much hate during the entire fight.

If you do things a different way, that's fine. No need for insults.
    I'm sorry but I don't know how we can take this comment as anything but trolling. Any current or future WHM reading this, please ignore the troll.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast