Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

FFXIV Fan Festival 2014 (NA) Art & Costume Contest, Now taking entries!

As we've noticed on the forums and elsewhere, many of you have begun to create your Art Contest and Costume Contest entries, looking to showcase your skills at Fan Festival 2014!

Good news to all of you budding artists, our Art and Costume Contest Official Rules and Entry Submissions are now open and available!

Please visit the Contests page of the FFXIV Fan Festival 2014 site and submit your entries to the Art Contest, or register to partake in the Costume Contest today!

The entry period closes September 30th, so don't delay. Also be sure to read through the submission guidelines to ensure your entry is considered for the contest. We can't wait to see all your amazing submissions, good luck!
    (9)
    Robert "Hvinire" Peeler - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Duzell Phelios
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Best in Show (1st Place): Alienware X51 gaming laptop, a signed copy of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn soundtrack, a signed copy of the FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn art book, one plush toy
    There is no such product as a Alienware X51 gaming laptop, The X51 is a desktop: http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51-r2/pd. Might want to clarify that.

The laptops are the Alienware 14, 17 and 18.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I've submitted my costume contest entry. Now we wait! :P

(They ask you the costume progress %... Uhhhh, I don't know about the rest of you, but I've almost NEVER had a costume done before the night before a convention...)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Legatus Toriko
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    on stage entertainment?
    (0)
    Last edited by modokibunny; 09-20-2014 at 07:34 AM.

Player
    Character
    Xi'an I''s
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Question!!!
    " Rules for Entry...
    Must be in attendance on October 18th, and 19th of Fan Festival to participate in the contest
    Must submit a registration form within the submission timing and check in for the first evaluation..."

Do they mean our email ticket/registration form thing?? and First Evaluation is... in person?? *is kind of lost or I interpreting this differently?
    (0)

"Awww... lookit the cute lil Moogles!!"

-Famous Last Words

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power..."
    -Domon

Monk - 50

Player
    Character
    Wenora Palometta
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuko View Post
    I've submitted my costume contest entry. Now we wait! :P

(They ask you the costume progress %... Uhhhh, I don't know about the rest of you, but I've almost NEVER had a costume done before the night before a convention...)
    I know what you mean. I'm a big procrastinator so I'm usually doing final touches the day before cons. lol

Would this be like those casual costume contest, like "If you're coming in a costume, why not enter it in a contest?" sorta thing? I haven't participated in contest in other places and only quite familiar with ICG rules and stuff so, just wondering what to expect. I hope they give us more information once they consider our registration.
    (0)
    Last edited by Wenora; 09-19-2014 at 10:13 PM. Reason: added stuff ~

Player
    Character
    Legatus Toriko
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Best in Show
    Most Original Costume

I wish there's a better explanation about these.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bar Boron
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Chibionieko View Post
    There is no such product as a Alienware X51 gaming laptop, The X51 is a desktop: http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-x51-r2/pd. Might want to clarify that.

The laptops are the Alienware 14, 17 and 18.
    Some people just have really big laps to put them on.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Leash Sakurai
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 56
    For the art show this is a concern for me:

4. SQUARE ENIX OWNERSHIP OF ENTRIES
    All entries and other materials (the "Entry Materials") (including all copyright, trademark, and other proprietary rights associated therewith) submitted by you become the property of Square Enix upon submission.
    I've been working on a sculpture, so does this mean I don't get my art back? Its easy to make a copy of a 2d piece but not 3d. If this is what I think it is, then I won't be entering my piece as I would like to get it back...
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Leash View Post
    I've been working on a sculpture, so does this mean I don't get my art back? Its easy to make a copy of a 2d piece but not 3d. If this is what I think it is, then I won't be entering my piece as I would like to get it back...
    This is correct. Unfortunately, we will not be able to return entries that have been submitted.
    (3)
    Matt "Bayohne" Hilton - Community Team

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast