Player
    Character
    Ruby Wesson
    World
    Raiden
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhexos View Post
    ....After you give these new two-handed versions a swing, let us know how you feel about them!
    Are these ACTUALLY 2 handed? I mean do we actually use both hands to wield them? None of the "2 handed" are really 2 handed, we still only use 1 hand while hovering our other hand pointlessly in the air...
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Sophia Aintree
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 70
    The dev. team is currently working on this and aiming for release in Patch 3.2. After you give these new two-handed versions a swing, let us know how you feel about them!
    While I do appreciate that the design will get some function as glamour, I must say that no work was needed at all, the parameter for the weapon could have been changed to be ID'd as a two-handed weapon by literally doing a few minutes of code edits... and the best part of this is that ALL two-handed weapons will be glamour enabled and not those deemed "worthy" by the developer.

The appeal of having a much smaller weapon in hand will be lost with these long staff versions... and the pessimist in me already knows we will have a DRK weapon mutation on our hands (literally) with them.

Now, if the development team really felt it was necessary (it wasn't, but thanks) to do extra work, the they should have gone with this instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmos992k View Post
    Why not just give CNJ/WHM/THM/BLM a purely cosmetic Shield? You could create the a purely cosmetic Shield weapon models with a 2H by default but also an option to use it 1H if the cosmetic shield is equipped. It's not like you'd need new animations. Make it possible to glamour 1H appearance (and animations) to 2H weapons and allow us to equip a cosmetic shield that we can glamour any other CNJ/WHM/THM/BLM shield to. That way you never have to worry about creating more 1H CNJ/WHM/THM/BLM weapons and shields, and you satisfy everyone that likes them.

That way you only ever need to put the stats on the weapon and with a purely cosmetic shield there is no itemization issue. That way players have the option of using their 1H weapon glamours on a 2H weapon and keeping their shield - because you know, some of us like the style.

Basically I like my 1H mage weaponry, and won't be trading them in. I just wish that rather than sweeping 1H mage weapons and shields under the carpet, SE could do something to preserve that look and feel for the players who enjoy it.
    However, thank you for at least giving them some use; the weapons, even though they are more appealing as they are, still have nice designs and it'll be good to see them.

If you are reading this please can you forward this concern and request, to be able to have the default weapon itself as an option, it's like I said, an extremely simple thing to do.
    (3)
    Last edited by AstralKaos; 02-06-2016 at 11:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Player
    Character
    Lukh'a Lybhica
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Please note that when this is introduced the one-handed versions will no longer appear as a reward from the actual content; however, players will be able to exchange their weapons for the opposite version.
    No, no, no. This isn't what we want, I don't want to trade my Leviathan wand in for a Leviathan staff, I want to be able to glamour it and the shield over a two-handed staff.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukha View Post
    No, no, no. This isn't what we want, I don't want to trade my Leviathan wand in for a Leviathan staff, I want to be able to glamour it and the shield over a two-handed staff.
    this is exactly what i want. finally a leviathan weapon for whm ^^ was feeling left out in 2.2 without any weapon-drop from levi ex D:
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lukh'a Lybhica
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tint View Post
    this is exactly what i want. finally a leviathan weapon for whm ^^ was feeling left out in 2.2 without any weapon-drop from levi ex D:
    There is already a whm Leviathan weapon, and a shield to match. We don't need new ones, we need a way to glamour what we already have.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    There is already a whm Leviathan weapon, and a shield to match. We don't need new ones, we need a way to glamour what we already have.
    LALALA~ I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALA~ /^_^\
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lukh'a Lybhica
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Tint View Post
    LALALA~ I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALA~ /^_^\
    I can see how it might be hard to hear us normal-sized folk from all the way down there. But that's all the more reason you should want to keep the models we already have and be able to use them...I mean, a wand-style weapon is already the size of a staff for a Lalafell, so if they change them into staves it'll be too big for you to carry D=.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Dunkydouble Extraordinaire
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    yep yep this is what I would like to see
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Evangela Monterossa
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Awesome!! One-handed wands and scepters are terrible. I hope they will remove them from the game completely and no more One-handed weapon for CNJ & THM in the future content.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saloon Ald'baran
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 70
    So they released them :< i stocked on mats thinking that they would have glowing crafted versions are they ever releasing that? i want a glowing might mogrod :<
    (0)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast