Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ravyre Sinclaire
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    I think you all need to take a second and stop thinking in Single player terms this is an MMO (and dont bring up ffxi different time different place) which means it will have a sort of living world take Revenants tol for example if you make a new character and walk up there its not going to look like it did in 2.0 it will look the same as it does for everyone else. Again i feel i have to say this again THIS IS NOT FFXI!! And what will most likely happen is the new classes will be added as new guilds to tie up any lore loose ends for new players.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Asny Rak'nys
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 70
    Also it's nice how most seem to think that domans are the only ones that will have nin. Or even that Yugiri will be the one that is the job master. She has her hands full with the exodus. Think about it. It would be like the elder seedseers being the whm job master.

I'm thinking something more along the lines of there is some elder somewhere that has met Domans before or maybe traveled to their lands and learned their arts... and that he will now become the nin job master - for whatever reason explained during the job quests. Or that some of the other domans will become the nin guild. So meeting Yugiri is a no-op from the go there.

I see Yugiri as becoming one of the leaders of Mor Dhona eventually. Maybe even to the point of driving out the garleans from there at one point in the future.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gilraen Bior
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Well, from the information gleaned from people who watched, and could translate, the TGS Live Letter, rogue won't be a starting class but the only thing you have to do to unlock it is unlock the Armoury system. That is, get to level 10 in your starting class. No need to jump the hurdle of 100~ quests and 50 levels.

This should make the 'lore purists' happy and keep the class accessible to new players.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nel Artux
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustyhagun View Post
    You cant play or know about ST until your reach that part in the story... so you right. They(new players) need to get to that point(Crystal Tower) to know ninjas existed. But by then you've already met Yugiri.
    No that's not it, for the timeline Yugiri appear at 2.2, ST was built 5000 years before that so these ninja are here in the timeline 5000 years before 2.0, it's not because you didn't know it existed that it didn't exist.

Also the TGS LL is more or less saying that Yugiri will not teach us the Ninja job since the only prerequirement will be lvl 10.
    (2)

Character
    Ilitsa Samariya
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Erudain View Post
    After the personal house fiasco, it woudn't surprise me if you needed at least a medium house + T5 cleared + latest relic upgrade to unlock NIN.
    Please look foward to it....
    Sweet! I'll have NIN unlocked on day 1 then!

Also:
    Rogue can be obtained by levelling one class to 10 and unlocking the Armoury system.
    • Ninja isn’t a typical DoT/debuffer class, and its poisons/mudra may work differently than we’re expecting.
    source: http://www.finalfantasy.net/xiv/lett...live-tgs-2014/
    (0)
    Last edited by Ilitsa; 09-21-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kori Fleming
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by lololink View Post
    No that's not it, for the timeline Yugiri appear at 2.2, ST was built 5000 years before that so these ninja are here in the timeline 5000 years before 2.0, it's not because you didn't know it existed that it didn't exist.

Also the TGS LL is more or less saying that Yugiri will not teach us the Ninja job since the only prerequirement will be lvl 10.
    If she doesn't, then all is well and good. However, it would make the final bit of questing at the end of 2.2 a bit confusing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nel Artux
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyGhost View Post
    If she doesn't, then all is well and good. However, it would make the final bit of questing at the end of 2.2 a bit confusing.
    All the yugiri thing will be weird anyway for new player but it still introduce new characters and lore to the game, even if you know about ninja and the new race already. ( You just have to look at the troubles with the refugees in 2.3 main quest to see that Yugiri's coming isn't just a teasing but is important for the story development too )
    (0)

Player
    Character
    U'melina Rhel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilitsa View Post
    Sweet! I'll have NIN unlocked on day 1 then!
    Nope, because for the 2.4, they will add an other step to relic upgrade. You will need to do 1000 /hug to other players and it will only count one hug per player.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Florence Leduc
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    well even if them choice seems good and all, it make all the end of the 2.2 quest weird...since they will telling us: hey you know it exist a secret guild of rogue there in limsa and yugiri will go learn them way before be able to train the adventurer to the way of her fighting style.
    and there the new player rogue: err... i know this i'm part of them guild already! you haven't seen me jumping around and use the same stuff than thancred for ages?

all this part it's a nonsense.... but well...
    about the ninja in ST, allagan had cloning technology, robotic technology and was able to create an artificial moon! do that means we are able to do the same?
    it's like the summoner quest line, allagan was knowing this art... but well it's a lost art!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nel Artux
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by silentwindfr View Post
    well even if them choice seems good and all, it make all the end of the 2.2 quest weird...since they will telling us: hey you know it exist a secret guild of rogue there in limsa and yugiri will go learn them way before be able to train the adventurer to the way of her fighting style.
    and there the new player rogue: err... i know this i'm part of them guild already! you haven't seen me jumping around and use the same stuff than thancred for ages?

all this part it's a nonsense.... but well...
    about the ninja in ST, allagan had cloning technology, robotic technology and was able to create an artificial moon! do that means we are able to do the same?
    it's like the summoner quest line, allagan was knowing this art... but well it's a lost art!
    Well it do not tell the player about the rogue guild but the other Npc minfilla and Yugiri.
    (0)

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast