Player
    Character
    Drasyra Fyr
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60

Land speculation - how legit is it?

Seen several ads in PF today for people selling plots. As far as I was aware, you can't actually sell a plot, only release it. This can't be legit, surely? I can't believe that the devs intended people to squat on property just to make gil, and not to use it. I've heard of people using alts purely for property speculation. What's the position on this?
    (0)

Character
    Adler Lett
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Wait for 2.4 when more plots are delivered. If they get instantly buyed out then wait for next patch when more plots are added. All the land will get cheaper with time no matter if you buy it from another player or the intended way.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Veronica Venom
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    That's easy, (1) meet the person at the placard (2) receive gil for your transaction (3) relinquish the land (4) buyer immediately purchases the land. What does this mean for the unsuspecting (or possibly knowing and willing) buyer? They pay you and they pay top gil for the property. On servers where there is no land left, that's the only alternative. On Siren, wards 7 and 8 were virtually wide open.

Oh, and what's to stop that person from taking your gil and NOT giving you anything. I'm not sure that there are a lot of people making gil that way. Anyone able to afford that should be able to jump into a med house.
    (0)
    Last edited by EricCartmenez; 09-17-2014 at 10:43 PM.