Player
    Character
    Sardris Sordoni
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60

PS3 version linked to old PSN ID, unable to link new ID to PS4 w/ new PSN account

My old PSN ID for reasons not worth elaborating upon is no longer available to me. When the PS4 released, I saw it as an opportunity to start fresh and had created a new PSN ID. During this time, I was on a hiatus from FFXIV and MMOs in general. I've recently returned and wanted to start playing FFXIV again. I still have an active PC account that I've been using, but I was given a copy of the PS4 version, which I am unable to link to my current Square Enix ID.

Upon contacting customer support, I was informed that it is impossible to unlink an SE ID from a PSN ID, and that I'd have to use the old ID to play on my PS4. I was also informed that there is absolutely no fix to this issue, and my requests to escalate it were met with "Please use the forums", so here I am. There needs to be a way to do this. I'm certain I'm not the first nor only person to have this issue, so here it is. Please do something about this!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Yolanda Freebush
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Since you do not want to elaborate about your old ID, but seem to need it. Have you tried contacting Sony about it? Though without knowing why you cant use it,not sure if that would help.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lydia Grimhood
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 43
    Square Enix ID is permalinked with the PSN ID, you'll have to recover that PSN ID. Otherwise no more PS4/PS3 for you. Good luck!
    (0)