Player
    Character
    Xine Xero
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tule View Post
    Although unreliable you could technically sell your plot's availability. Relinquishing your plot at a specific time while someone readies to purchase it.
    That defeats the purpose for the ones buying, you'd wind up paying at least double the normal price just for a plot. Consider compensating the person(s) relinquishing their own plot and furnishings not to mention anything extra they'd want to charge on top of that plus paying for the plot for yourself/your FC plus the house. The only point in doing so would be to drain your own resources faster simply for the purpose of satisfying a need that can be sated simply by waiting until the next patch. Patience is a virtue for a reason.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Alexander Dragonfang
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Xine View Post
    That defeats the purpose for the ones buying, you'd wind up paying at least double the normal price just for a plot. Consider compensating the person(s) relinquishing their own plot and furnishings not to mention anything extra they'd want to charge on top of that plus paying for the plot for yourself/your FC plus the house. The only point in doing so would be to drain your own resources faster simply for the purpose of satisfying a need that can be sated simply by waiting until the next patch. Patience is a virtue for a reason.
    Instant gratification is what moves the minds of the XXI century people.

And you have to just buy the plot, no need to build the house or anything, and yes, i can see people paying more than twice for THAT plot.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Xine Xero
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by StateAlchemist View Post
    That just means that plots will be bought and left empty until they are sellable.
    Not really worth the response but whatever, SE won't make plots sellable and they've given their reasons why in a post made months ago when FC housing was first released. So no....you can't sell housing plots to other players using this method, and the other one which I replied to here says why.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Narbondel Deviir
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 59
    atleast we will know where to find the gil sellers now lol
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Xine Xero
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander_Dragonfang View Post
    Instant gratification is what moves the minds of the XXI century people.

And you have to just buy the plot, no need to build the house or anything, and yes, i can see people paying more than twice for THAT plot.
    Instant gratification.....I love that, that's what's killing the IQ of the world, the mentality of "I don't care, I just want it now." Incoming Idiocracy sooner than 500 years from now, more like 50 years if that.

But I guess people will continue being stupid and impulsive simply for the fact that nothing and no one else matters, carry on morons and idiots of the planet, pray you don't take society down with you.

Edit: I forgot something, if a house isn't placed on the plot within I think 2 weeks or 30 days of purchase of the plot, the plot is forfeit and your gil is not reimbursed. So you'd have to sell it before you automatically lose the plot due to not putting a house on it within the time limit, or find someone to "sell" the plot to within the time limit.
    (2)
    Last edited by Xine; 09-16-2014 at 07:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tule Lycoris
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 61
    Quote Originally Posted by Xine View Post
    I've seen rare items and melded items go for over 10 mill. Wouldn't be out of question for something as useful as a house (that allows for gardening, decoration, and other personal happiness) to sell for that much. 4 mill for the plot, 6 mill to the player, or even more. Especially if there are literally no plots left. Again, not reliable, but could definitely happen.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by CGMidlander View Post
    Your post does not say anything against the possibility of decisions changing following several patches. (i.e. The primary point)
    They had almost a full year to warn us that it was going to change. Maybe, just maybe, if housing is going to be for the elite, they shouldn't say things that give the impression it will be accessible?

Instead we get this post from Yoshi that's basically "lol I had to calm people down". I guess I should just stop trusting producers ever, but I actually had some respect for the man.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Etoile Kallera
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by CGMidlander View Post
    Your post does not say anything against the possibility of decisions changing following several patches. (i.e. The primary point)
    Of course not. We would have (and still do)called that "flip flopping", "having it both ways" ,"being unreliable", "pulling a 180", "not saying what you mean" and other such things synonymous with untrustworthiness.
    (4)

Hello,

The following is a comment from Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by Naoki_Yoshida View Post
    Hello, everyone. Producer and Director Yoshida here.

Thank you for all the large amount of feedback regarding the prices of land for personal housing which was implemented in Patch 2.38.

As the current personal housing prices are higher than what players expected, I would like to discuss the statement I made previously regarding the plan to make the personal housing prices cheaper than Free Company housing.

■Regarding what I said■
    The statement I said was from a post made last December.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...=1#post1685344
    At that time, we were correcting the economic disparity between legacy players and new players with regards to Free Company land prices in Patch 2.1. As we were hoping to implement World Transfers as quickly as possible, we set Free Company plot prices on the high side. Due to this, we received a lot of feedback mentioning that even though there were plans for personal housing, there would be no way that players would be able to pay that high of a cost. In my reply, I wrote: “I can say that prices will be completely separate from Free Company housing, and, naturally, far more affordable.”

What this meant was the following:
    • The prices will be completely separate from Free Company land prices (At the time of Patch 2.1)
    • We’ll be making the prices much cheaper than what they are currently (At the time of Patch 2.1)

However, reading this again, I realize that this statement is extremely unclear. Also, because I wrote this quickly to try to quell the uneasiness at the time, I ended up causing even more problems for everyone. I sincerely apologize for this.
    ■How we decided on the prices for personal housing■
    After Patch 2.1 we’d been monitoring the land purchase conditions on all Worlds and largely reducing the prices in stages. Additionally, the original time frame for reaching the lowest land price was three months, which we shortened to one month. Due to this, the prices of land drop several tens of thousands of gil every six hours. After one month the price would be half of what it was originally.

Additionally, in order to stimulate the in-game economy after Patch 2.1, we increased the methods in which you can obtain gil and the average amount of gil all players possess increased severalfold. We are constantly checking the amount of gil everyone possesses, and based on this we made the decision that the starting prices of personal housing should be the land prices at the time that Patch 2.3 was implemented.

Focus will always be on the prices at release, but after one month these prices will be halved. The average amount of gil in possession is much greater than you all imagine, and we are concerned that if we were to lower the cost of land for personal housing any further it would exacerbate problems like RMT and the purchase of land by secondary characters.

As we have also received requests to make it so you can garden and raise chocobos from personal houses, we strived to develop personal housing with the same core features as Free Company houses to address this feedback.

When setting the prices, it’s not as though we didn’t even consider whether we should separate the prices for Free Company land and personal housing land; however, looking at the current economic conditions and also considering future expansion we decided to make the prices the same. I apologize and hope for your understanding.
    ■The reason why Free Company houses and personal houses are in the same areas■
    The biggest reason is to ensure the effective utilization of land. FFXIV is entering a stable period and the amount of newly created Free Companies is gently declining, therefore the demand for new Free Company houses will also decline. Additionally, with expansions to the land sale feature, after the demand for land has been fulfilled there will gradually be land openings in the wards.

On the other hand, when it comes to personal housing, with the constant increase in the amount of gil everyone possesses, as time passes the demand for personal housing will increase and a large amount of open land will be necessary.

If we were to separate Free Company housing and personal housing into different areas, in the event that Free Company land opens up I believe we would then receive requests asking to make it possible to build personal houses on those plots. So in order to balance the two we made it possible to purchase land in the same housing areas and feel this will allow for land to be utilized efficiently.
    ■In conclusion■
    In regards to the housing system, there are a lot of elements that are intertwined with each other. For example, the hefty amount of gil required to purchase, or whether you play within a Free Company or by yourself, and also due to the fact that the implementation cost and the allocation of demands becomes more complex, there are times when the decisions made by the development team are not always in perfect alignment with the thoughts of the players.

However, similar to what we did after Patch 2.1, we will be doing our best to answer everyone’s feedback and demands, but we would like to ask for some time. Thank you very much.
    (72)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Makani Risvertasashi
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello,

The following is a comment from Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida.
    Thanks for the response, but I've seen that post. At the very very least, some communication/warning in advance would have been nice...
    (60)

Page 3 of 59 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast