Player
    Character
    Tetsuyo Shirosaki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70

calling all role players

im from gilgamesh and the rp there isnt so bad. i was wondering if balmung had a bigger community of rpers and if they did open world rp like how gw2 was like?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by KPseoul View Post
    im from gilgamesh and the rp there isnt so bad. i was wondering if balmung had a bigger community of rpers and if they did open world rp like how gw2 was like?
    Balmung has the larger RP community yes, I'm not a RPer but it's a Legacy server and was the unofficial RP server so people have gravitated here.
    (0)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn

Player
    Character
    Tetsuyo Shirosaki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by NoloeTazier View Post
    Balmung has the larger RP community yes, I'm not a RPer but it's a Legacy server and was the unofficial RP server so people have gravitated here.
    given that u are not an rper, do you see a lot of other rpers out in the world rping and not being closed off or made fun of by the non rping public?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Suzuko Seki
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I see people rping all the time in public here on Balmung, just the other day a friend and me seen a large rp going on outside of Ul'dah. It doesn't seem to bother people and I honestly find myself watching the rp myself.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tetsuyo Shirosaki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Seoulstar View Post
    I see people rping all the time in public here on Balmung, just the other day a friend and me seen a large rp going on outside of Ul'dah. It doesn't seem to bother people and I honestly find myself watching the rp myself.
    thank you for the tip
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Josh Tribal
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Yea I see it more often than not, especially in the bigger cities. I never see anyone making fun of the people RP'ing, but I'm sure there are a few bad seeds anywhere you go.

Don't get me wrong, I don't RP, but I think everyone that doesn't has learned to deal with it.Tons and tons of RP LS's and FC's as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Talyn Shadowmoon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 44
    Yes, Balmung has a great RP base. I was on Goblin since I got the game, just after it came out, then decided I wanted to do more than just play the game, I wanted to play it with others. So... Googled "Final Fantasy XIV roleplay".

Gilgamesh was only one I could get into at first, but the place felt... empty. Lots of paces in housing areas for RPers, but no one to RP with and felt awkward trying.

Then I figured out the trick. Around 3am Alaska time the servers on Balmung open up. Made myself a character and within seconds of clearing the cutscene in Quicksand I was in middle of open RPing everywhere.

I am now part of several very involved RP threads and have two active characters (no one would leave Talyn alone so I made a guy to relax with). I have seen open RP everywhere and only seen one instance of someone making fun of it and even non-rp'ers told him to leave the RPers alone.

Come, join the fun, and if you see Talyn Shadowmoon or Kyrs'a Lyrabhe say hi to me.
    (1)
    Just because we are thieves does not mean we are evil.
    The Thieves Guild - rogues, spies, gypsies and more... doing the things the Grand Companies and Scions can not be officially involved in to protect the people of Eorzea from all threats.

Player
    (waiting to claim squatter rights on minatos house) (Update:HAHAHAHA I actually did! ♥Minato XD)
    Character
    Kyri Sagitta
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    Ive been a roleplayer on Balmung since 2010 and I can tell you it's a great community and RP is everywhere! We would love to have you and if you get in touch with me in game I can help you look for linkshells and events. Also feel free to visit the lovely site Kylin made here! ffxiv-roleplayers.com
    (0)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueodAjWZ0A4
    Ah, but will facing north-by-northeast at 2:45 a.m. while the moon is a waning crescent result in a 27% increase in your chances to synthesize HQ mythril ingots!? That is real the question! ~Fernehalwes~

Player
    Character
    Aishwarya Vaishnavi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    I'm on balmung and just getting into RP. the RP presence is huge though. In fact, in my housing ward, most of the houses are RP FCs, LSs, or they are converted into RP venues.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tetsuyo Shirosaki
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    well you all have been very helpful and this also validates my eventual move to this server. thx for the help guys
    (1)