FFXIV Fan Festival 2014 Volunteer "Retainers"!

Hello all,

For anyone who missed their chance to get a ticket and still wanted to join your fellow players at Fan Festival, we recently announced our volunteer system fondly referred to as "Retainers".

Whether you have a ticket or not, this is a great chance to help us out at Fan Festival 2014, and still have lots of time to enjoy the show. Plus all selected volunteers will be reimbursed for their Fan Festival ticket upon completion of their duties. That's one valuable venture reward!

Check out the Fan Festival 2014 site for more information as well as a link to the application. We hope to see you there!
    (9)
    Robert "Hvinire" Peeler - Community Team

Player
    Character
    State Alchemist
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 55
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvinire View Post
    ...fondly referred to as "Retainers"...
    I am guessing the quotes around Retainer means we can't get paid for lying on a beach for 18 hours then bring you back some Malm Kelp?

xD
    (14)

Player
    Character
    Niytshade Aldecia
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I submitted an application to become a "Retainer" *stares at inbox waiting for a response* it would be awesome if we got to wear the retainer outfits...just saying
    (1)

Player
    Character
    W'rose Radiuju
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    I'm really debating heavily on if I want to do this or not... I mean if I don't... I gotta try to sit outside of the hotel before doors open to see if I can get on-site ticketing just to get in... but if I do, I can at least guarantee I can at least get in.... So difficult ><

Couldn't hurt, being in full costume already at the time could help it along too..

Gods... being prior military helps with a lot of the first aid and security training...
    (0)
    Last edited by rosythorns4; 09-16-2014 at 12:17 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ryuko Kanzeon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Ah! I literally just booked my flight yesterday and will be arriving to the airport at around 11am, too late to attend the 'orientation'. That's too bad, too, since I have experience staffing conventions and I would have loved the perks in exchange for working. XD

I've checked out the application forms, and from what I'm gathering, the hours are not too bad (you are required to work two shifts and attend orientation, as well as be 'on call' just in case you're needed). To anyone considering it, I would suggest giving it a try. Every time I staff a convention, I come away from it exhausted, but with a LOT of great memories.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Legatus Toriko
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I really want to do this as well, but I want to take part in the cosplay competition at least, so this is an extremely tough call for me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nixi Sarcia
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 70
    I have a lot of the qualifications (IT experience, customer service experience, basic security training, First Aid Industry ticket, AED certification and the top level of CPR) so it kinda interests me but I am torn on the matter , I already have tickets and to be honest I kinda want to take in the whole event and make sure I leave plenty of time to get done what I want. But at the same time it could be a very interesting experience :/
    (0)
    Last edited by Yurimi; 09-17-2014 at 03:03 AM.

Player
    Character
    Xi'an I''s
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by modokibunny View Post
    I really want to do this as well, but I want to take part in the cosplay competition at least, so this is an extremely tough call for me.
    That's one of my issue of concern too... what if volunteer during shift and there is meeting for contest or sth?? or meet new friends go to eat but ur shift is on??? would love to volunteer for this jus bcuz.. but also dont want to be tied down so can be able to explore everywhere!!
    (0)

"Awww... lookit the cute lil Moogles!!"

-Famous Last Words

"This hand of mine glows with an awesome power..."
    -Domon

Monk - 50

Player
    Character
    Mitsutsu Pelloe
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by StateAlchemist View Post
    I am guessing the quotes around Retainer means we can't get paid for lying on a beach for 18 hours then bring you back some Malm Kelp?

xD
    Or some HQ chub? :O
    (0)