Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rhel Eryut
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90

What cause players to quit Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

Class/Job System- is boring, lacks creativity and depth because they built it around casual player skill oversimplifying it instead of building the system around the potential of the class/job.

Combat- oversimplified and lacks depth there are no crowd control abilities, not a lot of support abilities and no skill chains.

Zodiac Weapons- takes to long for the casual player to get for very little gain. At ilvl 110 it should take a max of 3 weeks for a player to get if they play 2 hrs a day since new Raids and gear come out every 6 mos.

Raiding- has a lot of one shot mechanic and is unforgiving because if one player screws up he or she can wipe the entire party

Weekly Lockout- Players can down T6-T9 on a weekly basis and not get a single loot drop for their class. Players wouldn't mind a weekly lockout if one piece of loot dropped for all classes

In general anything worth getting in this game is a long boring grind for very little reward if something is going to be a long grind it will have to be the best item in the game until the next expansion.
    (81)

Player
    Character
    Seraphima Cyngosa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I've had a close friend quit over the animus stage of weapon, due to fates not spawning for hours on end
    Hoping they will come back in 2.4
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Josh Tribal
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    If you don't like it stop playing it.
    (85)

Player
    Character
    Denevieve Nebilim
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Akiza topic... Ah the good ol' days.

On a serious note this doesn't deserve it's own topic. There's a 100 page thread going on with all the points in the OP being argued by the for and against people. You've brought nothing to the table that hasn't already been said. I guess you must be bored and want to incite a nice flame war topic. Not to mention you are a very whishy washy player. One day you are for the game then the next you're chastising it.
    (55)
    Last edited by TeaTimeBear; 09-12-2014 at 02:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Femke Fisker
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 56
    People can point out things they don't like in any game. But not everyone will agree with you. I've been playing/subscribed since launch and I still look forward to playing every chance I get.
    (22)

Player
    Character
    Josh Tribal
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Black91CRX View Post
    People can point out things they don't like in any game. But not everyone will agree with you. I've been playing/subscribed since launch and I still look forward to playing every chance I get.
    Problem is, I see a lot of complaining (some complaints that I partially agree with) and very little suggestions to fix the problem.
    (13)

Player
    Character
    Seraphima Cyngosa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JTribal View Post
    Problem is, I see a lot of complaining (some complaints that I partially agree with) and very little suggestions to fix the problem.
    This 100% so many posts are "fix this now" like the person complaining it isn't fair every one can see S ranks now
    Sure I've complained over the game before but I've also offered a solution along side it
    I do feel alot of the games issues could be easily solved by having a public test server though, a lot of problems that arise due to them not being tested
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Winter Solstice
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    No, those problems don't cause people to quit. The problem is today's gamers want everything now, and don't understand that spending far too much time in a game to get all those shiny new things as soon as they can actually tires them out from the game. They are essentially children and don't have any self-control because of it. Then, after they plow through everything in the game that's interesting, the bitch about how there isn't enough to keep them interested.

Want to enjoy the game more, and elongate its lifespan? Pace yourself, be patient, and try to stop with the modern-day gaming mindset.

Just my opinion, ofc.
    (65)

Player
    Character
    Denarius Jay
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Jtribal
    Alot of solutions are posted though, comb through that Japanese player blog post, lots of suggestions and solutions that make sense and that can benefit the game. Its not worth posting or elaborating on good ideas and fixes because inevitably someone equips "SE Loyalty" gear and goes to battle with you over every little point, and there fellow brethren of like-minded sheep follow suit right after that. Either that or the most common "this games not for you, find another game" responses come flooding in. Put's a damper on solutions and suggestion posting real quick.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Dalek Codex
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 60
    What cause players to quit Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn

-They spent 300+ hours playing the game

It kind of has that effect on people.
    (19)
    Always remember the Silver Rule:
    "Treat others as they treat you!" ...or something like that.

Page 1 of 37 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast