Player
    Character
    Riko Futatabi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90

Chocolate Brown

Using your site I got Chocolate Brown from Desert Yellow after 6hrs doing the micro-feeding, very accurate info. Nice work!

(3)

Player
    Character
    Jellicle Jayde
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AttacKat View Post
    Raisin Brown
    Code:
    Step	Feed	Qty	71	55	23
    1	plum	1	66	60	28
    2	berry	1	61	55	33
    3	berry	1	56	50	38
    4	berry	1	51	45	43

Target Colour RGB	47	47	39
    Raisin Brown -> Loam Brown -> Soot Black
    Funny, I came to the conclusion that I needed to feed her a plum and berrys on my own and did that ... well, tried to. Fed her 1 plum proc but the server DCed as I fed her a berry, didn't see any animation or text and by the time I logged back in The berry was gone and I only had 1 left. That last one proced and 6 hours later I'm back at Deepwood Green :x
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elalyn Aryena
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I was guinea pig; I went from default Desert yellow to Sky blue in one go.

I used whatever formula Attackat informed me and got it in just a mere 6 hours.

10/10 would feed again. ;D
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Caelid Dedannon
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    There is now a site that will calculate this for you:

http://ffxivchocobo.com/

I make no claims to its quality, I have not tried it, just got linked to it minutes ago.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adahna Serafi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 80
    I have a theory that might warrant a mini disclaimer in your post, because otherwise your info seems to be accurate.

I have a feeling these colors have an RGB "range" that needs to be taken into consideration. What that effectively means is that I have Snow White (example), but another person's Snow White may have different RGB values so if we both feed the same number of feed in the same order, we will still end up with different colors because we end up in different ranges. So what I am saying is one person's Snow White may differ from another person's Snow White in value so I think that's worth noting.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Oliver Beelzie
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyNeudaiz View Post
    I have a theory that might warrant a mini disclaimer in your post, because otherwise your info seems to be accurate.

I have a feeling these colors have an RGB "range" that needs to be taken into consideration. What that effectively means is that I have Snow White (example), but another person's Snow White may have different RGB values so if we both feed the same number of feed in the same order, we will still end up with different colors because we end up in different ranges. So what I am saying is one person's Snow White may differ from another person's Snow White in value so I think that's worth noting.
    I agree. After following the spreadsheet—trying to get from Rolanberry Red to Grape Purple—I managed to get Abyssal Blue instead. I'd been juggling around the Regal Purple/Plum Purple/Rolanberry Red side of things for a while on my own, so I think I may just have vastly different RGB values. I originally thought that once the game rounds your numbers it'd lock you in to that color's RGB values, but now I really believe that the values could be very different for two Chocobos with the same color.
    (0)

Character
    Adler Lett
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Ah, I read "Necrofeeding: The Way to Chocobo Color Dyeing" and got excited that there will be a way to change my choco colour by feeding it dead squirrels and such
    (4)

Player

Quote Originally Posted by Felis View Post
    This map helps alot. I havent looked into chocobo feeding at all Ive just got food from my friend but it disnt turn out how I wanted it.

Could anyone who has an idea about this explain to me how to get my sky blue chocobo -> celeste green.
    I can understand how but i dont know how many of each i need to feed him
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Attackat Muaddib
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by reivaxe View Post
    That last one proced and 6 hours later I'm back at Deepwood
    Green :x
    Ouch, you were at Deepwood Green, weren't you? You said you tried the path, you followed the one I posted at the beginning right after the OP? If yes, use it again but adjust it.

In that feed, the first pineapple is still in the Deepwood color range, but the first valfruit drops you into the Soot Black range, the two fruits following fine tunes the RGB closer to the soot black RGB. You can try feeding just the first two fruits and you should get a feather proc right there then you can stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Caelid View Post
    There is now a site that will calculate this for you ... I make no claims to its quality
    Yeah, my whole method is based on that calculator's result and attempts to fine tune it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyNeudaiz View Post
    I have a theory that might warrant a mini disclaimer ... I have a feeling these colors have an RGB "range" that needs to be taken into consideration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaeffa View Post
    I agree. After following the spreadsheet—trying to get from Rolanberry Red to Grape Purple—... so I think I may just have vastly different RGB values.
    That is something some may have noticed, but I do not believe anyone has done any actual testing behind it and therefore we do not have any solid data to back this up. It is quite possible that my microfeeding method is the first approach to finally allows us to lock down a feeding path to any color from Desert Yellow.

I guess the reality is everyone is so focused on rushing to their color, no one really paid any attention to what happens in between. If and when someone does test this after knowing feeding XYZ fruits always get you color A from Desert Yellow, then we can attempt to "range" it within i < XYZ < j.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiara1 View Post
    This map helps alot. I havent looked into chocobo feeding at all Ive just got food from my friend but it disnt turn out how I wanted it.

Could anyone who has an idea about this explain to me how to get my sky blue chocobo -> celeste green.
    Yeah, as I indicated in the FAQ portion after the OP, I do not rely on that map because it is one fruit only pathing and you cannot skip feather procs. The major issue of that map is one fruit doesn't always end up at your desire color hence the "color traps/loops". My method allows you go directly from color A to color B and hence much more flexible.

For Sky Blue -> Celeste Green, feed the following, and you should get feather proc on 3rd fruit.
    Code:
    Step	Feed		Qty	135	183	215
    1	apple		1	140	178	210
    2	pineapple	1	145	183	205
    3	pineapple	1	150	188	200
    4	pineapple	1	155	193	195

Target Colour RGB		151	191	191
    Target Colour		Celeste Green
    (0)
    Last edited by AttacKat; 09-08-2014 at 10:06 PM.

10. 09-08-2014 09:58 PM
    Reason
    Delete

Character
    Adler Lett
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiara1 View Post

That map sure didn't work for me - I am stuck at my quest to get my choco Soot Black colored and now just try out the other RGB scale chart in hope to get him black at last
    (0)

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast