Player
    Character
    Tsuki Fenix
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AttacKat View Post
    Yeah, sorry, 6 berries, the step with the @ sign. So, feed everything as instructed in the first 3 steps, then wait 6 hrs for the color change.

When I do the microfeeding breakdown, I like to make sure the last few fruits are just there to fine tune the color closer to the RGB value of the desired color. The @ step is where the feeding takes you from the mid point of current color, passing any other color in between, into your desired color. So it is the starting mid point to the edge of the ending color. It may sound strange, but this also allows for the maximum error if we do happen to overshoot the color.
    New Color!! Ochu Green, feeding the remainder and keeping my fingers crossed

Edit: I fed the 3 apples/pears/berries in the last step but did not get a feather proc message... does this matter?

Edit2: I was pretty sure no feather proc=no color change. Rather than potentially wasting 6 hours I fed him an extra berry and got the feather proc message. We shall see.
    (0)
    Last edited by Coconut; 09-11-2014 at 10:09 PM.

Player
    Character
    Inspector Gadget
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 30
    I tried the calculator and it directed me to feed 28 fruits...8b/10p/10a to get from raptor blue to orthard blue...instead, I feed two berries and gotten orthard blue...happy I got my color but sad what the thing had suggested :T
    (0)

Player
    Character
    E'renndis Harper
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I believe, the calculator is pretty good for long distance calculations, but it is better to use single proc method for close colours.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ana Nuann
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Can I seriously get some help on escaping this Kobold Brown>Deepwood Green>Kobold Brown loop?

I'm not making any headway, I'm using the feeds recommended. I feed, get a single plume change, stop. It gives me Kobold Brown or Deepwood Green, depending on whether I'm Green or Brown at the time.

I'm circling the goal and I must be so damn close that I'm overshooting no matter what.

I've looped three times already, I'm getting super discouraged. Please help.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inspector Gadget
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 30
    From the chart, should be pears > plums...2-1 usually...just do two seperate feedings just in case...hope this works for ya
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Inspector Gadget
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 30
    And that's from k. Brown > s. Black
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tsuki Fenix
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Ochu > Hunter Green! I fed it 3 more berries for a single feather proc, heres hoping this is the end of the line!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurora Aura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AttacKat View Post
    Starting Colour -> Desert Yellow
    Code:
    Step    Feed    Qty    223    183    91
    1    berry    15    148    108    166
    2    pear    10    98    158    116
    3    apple    10    148    108    66
    4    berry    10    98    58    116
    5    pear    5    73    83    91
    6@    apple    4    93    63    71
    7    berry    3    78    48    86
    8    pear    2    68    58    76
    9    berry    3    53    43    91

To Target        2    4    0
    You will be at the edge Avyssal Blue zone by the time you finish step 6, but keep feeding to fine tune to the mid point.

Okay I fed by chocobo the fruits as listed and in the listed portions, and the RNG has got me...

Grape Purple! Of course I like Purple as much as blue so It's not a total loss.

On the other hand, I fed the chocobo the fruits one at a time (there was no mass feeding option) so that might have been a factor. Anyway that list might probably needs sometweaking for other people looking for Abyssal Blue
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Attackat Muaddib
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Anatha View Post
    Still confused, there's only one feed suggested from Kobold Brown to Soot Black, and just two from Deepwood to Soot Black.

If both of those overshoot Soot Black, how am I supposed to reach it?

I mentioned that I was using the recommended feeding patterns already, what am I supposed to do?
    If we go by the R value, the color order is Deepwood Green (31, 47, 39) -> Soot Black (47, 43, 39) -> Kobold Brown (51, 35, 31), so it isn't likely for you to go from DG to KB unless you overfeed. The feeding suggestions I have listed attempts to get you as close to the middle as possible with < +/- 5 for each of the RGB values whenever we can, which is generally okay for most of the colors. But a few colors are right next to each other, hence at times we end up having to deal with overfeeding issue. The @ step is an attempt to stop you at as soon as you move into the color range and hence prevents the overfeeding.

In this case, there is nothing you can do to prevent overfeeding coming from KB if you have that issue, but you can coming from DG.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Edit: I fed the 3 apples/pears/berries in the last step but did not get a feather proc message... does this matter?

Edit2: I was pretty sure no feather proc=no color change. Rather than potentially wasting 6 hours I fed him an extra berry and got the feather proc message. We shall see.
    Yes, you did exactly what you are suppose to do. When trying to get out of color traps, you feed to the @ step, or the 1st feather proc, which ever is later. You will get a new color due to that extra berry.

Quote Originally Posted by BGE View Post
    I tried the calculator and it directed me to feed 28 fruits...8b/10p/10a to get from raptor blue to orthard blue...instead, I feed two berries and gotten orthard blue...happy I got my color but sad what the thing had suggested :T
    There are some single fruit feed paths that uses much less fruit then the calculator method. That is SE's program logic that we do not have, therefore, problematic areas that we cannot avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar1337 View Post
    [B][COLOR=indigo]Grape Purple ... Anyway that list might probably needs sometweaking for other people looking for Abyssal Blue
    Grape Purple (63, 47, 63) -> Abyssal Blue(55, 47, 91), To Target(-23, 5, 23)
    Not dead on, but you are darn close.
    Code:
    Step	Feed		Qty	63	47	63
    1	berry		1	58	42	68
    2	valfruit	2	68	32	78
    3@	plum		1	63	37	83
    4	plum		2	53	47	93
    After feeding the 1st plum you should be into the AB zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Anatha View Post
    Now I don't know what to do. I'm just seriously confused, how do I get to Soot Black from Deepwood Green, it did not work the last two times I went through the loop, following the directions to the letter.
    Try reversing the order, 2 valfruit, which should get you proc on 2nd, then 1 pineapple if you don't get proc.
    (1)
    Last edited by AttacKat; 09-12-2014 at 04:26 PM.

Player
    Character
    Ana Nuann
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Ok well last time I was at DG, I fed it exactly as specified in the order you dictated, stopping at the @/first proc whichever is latest.

The first proc occured at the @ and I stopped there. 6 hours later, Kobold Brown.

I fed it as dictated again, back to DG.

Now I don't know what to do. I'm just seriously confused, how do I get to Soot Black from Deepwood Green, it did not work the last two times I went through the loop, following the directions to the letter.
    (0)

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast