Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Elurra Maluta
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    I'm sure there's a more efficient way to Black/White. This was a methodical approach. Level out the colors then increment them up/down.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lynn Nuvestrahl
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I tried the Desert Yellow → Dalamud Red feeding path and got it right in a single session. Seems legit.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    E'renndis Harper
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    I have also tried out microfeeding theory.
    I have stared with Aldgoat Brown

and like calculated went to Chocolate Brown

I have fed:
    5 Mamook pears
    12 Xelphalot apples
    13 O'Ghomoro berries
    7 Mamook pears
    1 Xelphalot apple

A couple of FC members are also trying microfeeding out, hopefully RNG will cooperate
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Felicity Flynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Tried default to soot black and it has failed miserably. After the first feed, he went to loam brown instead of chestnut, which would have been fine if the loam brown to soot black feeding had worked. It didn't. He's now deepwood green. I am absolutely not getting the results I'm supposed to be getting according to this guide, sooo...what's happening, guys?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Attackat Muaddib
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Erendis View Post
    I have also tried out microfeeding theory.
    I have stared with Aldgoat Brown ...
    and like calculated went to Chocolate Brown
    A couple of FC members are also trying microfeeding out, hopefully RNG will cooperate
    Nice to hear it worked for you. You are the 2nd person so far using this method that hit Chocolate, a color that isn't even on the map yet. GL to your FC mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Fliss View Post
    Tried default to soot black and it has failed miserably. After the first feed, he went to loam brown instead of chestnut, which would have been fine if the loam brown to soot black feeding had worked. It didn't. He's now deepwood green. I am absolutely not getting the results I'm supposed to be getting according to this guide, sooo...what's happening, guys?
    You didn't fail. You manage to jump from Desert Yellow into the famous color trap in one feeding, while others takes days trying to get to.

Now, follow the feeding paths of the color you are at, but stop at the @ sign, or your 1st feather proc, whichever is later, wait 6 hrs, and report back. IOW, if you get feather proc while feeding the @ step, stop. If you completed feeding the @ step, but still don't get feather proc, keep feeding until you get feather proc.

This trap is an area that no one has done any analysis on yet, so you may be one of the first ones to provide any usable/useful information for us to dig deeper into. GL.
    (1)
    Last edited by AttacKat; 09-09-2014 at 09:36 AM.

Player
    Character
    Meru Maru
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Fliss View Post
    Deepwood Green means you've overshot Soot Black. Going to have to do the lighten/darken game a bit.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Felicity Flynn
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by AttacKat View Post
    follow the feeding paths of the color you are at, but stop at the @ sign, or your 1st feather proc, whichever is later, wait 6 hrs, and report back. IOW, if you get feather proc while feeding the @ step, stop. If you completed feeding the @ step, but still don't get feather proc, keep feeding until you get feather proc.

This trap is an area that no one has done any analysis on yet, so you may be one of the first ones to provide any usable/useful information for us to dig deeper into. GL.
    I doubt I'll be much help, to be honest. xD I don't understand any of this stuff which is why I went for a guide in the first place; my brain isn't wired for this shiz. I follow directions like a good lab monkey, that's about it. I can do the whole "Do this and report back" thing, gathering basic information is easy. The analyzing is best left to people who know what they're doing. -shot-

So, Deepwood Green > Soot Black thingy it is. I'll let you know what happens.

EDIT: Got the proc at the first pineapple, fed him the valfruit and stopped there, because it had the @. Hopefully this'll do it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Fliss; 09-09-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jellicle Jayde
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AttacKat View Post
    What I can tell, is Deepwood <-> Soot Black <-> Loam Brown, so you may be overfeeding due to left over RGB values as others have suggested earlier with this "range" effect. If this is true, we are in a new area that no one has done any testing with. You may want to fall back to the old one feather proc method, following the feed order below, and stop at 1st proc, wait 6 hrs, then con't with the feeding at where you left off to next proc, keep doing this until you hit soot black. Hope this will get you back on track.
    Loam Brown -> Soot Black -> Deepwood
    Code:
    Step	Feed	Qty	63	55	47
    1l	apple	1	68	50	42
    2l	pear	1	63	55	37
    3l	berry	1	58	50	42
    4k	apple	1	63	45	37
    5k	pear	1	58	50	32
    6s	berry	1	53	45	37
    7s	pear	1	48	50	32
    8s	berry	1	43	45	37
    9d	pear	1	38	50	32
    10d	berry	1	33	45	37

Target Colour RGB	31	47	39
    To Target		-2	2	2
    Current Guess		Deepwood Green
    L = Loam Brown, K = Kobold Brown, S = Soot Black, D = Deepwood

Well, I did as you suggested and just gave her 1 apple, 1 pear and 1 berry in that order expecting to get K brown again. Thought about it as I was out and about, decided I would give up and try to get Shadow Blue or something after this feeding seeing how dark she is. Checked up on her and Soot Black O_o.

lol, thanks ... tho I got there a step ahead I guess!!! :P
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Attackat Muaddib
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by reivaxe View Post
    Well, I did as you suggested and just gave her 1 apple, 1 pear and 1 berry in that order expecting to get K brown again. ... Checked up on her and Soot Black O_o.
    lol, thanks ... tho I got there a step ahead I guess!!! :P
    Ha, congrads.

Truth is, this isn't your fault. As said in my OP, the RGB values we use aren't the exact values, plus the +/- 5 are best guesses. So these issues can be coming from our math "error". Since most of these color traps/loops are generally taking place within color spaces that only differs by a few points, it is hard for us to pinpoint the exact, when our error range can be greater then the actual. In addition, you might already be on step 2 or 3 which we cannot tell for sure.

BTW, does anyone know of a color picker tool that I can use where I can set it as a "region" and it takes the avg, and not a single pixel reader? IE: a tiny circle?
    (0)
    Last edited by AttacKat; 09-09-2014 at 06:21 PM.

Character
    Adler Lett
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I tried out the ffxivchocobo.com yesterday to get my chocobo to soot black - in result got him nophica green which now requires exactly same type and amount of fruits to get to soot black as before shown in calculator.

Conclusion - with choco feed calculator you just waste more fruit to get another random colour.
    (1)

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast