Player
    Character
    Creamy Goodness
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50

Steam Tracking Issue

Not sure if this has been posted about before, I know it has on Steams actual forums but that thread is buried and dead.

The issue: When I launch the game through Steam I see a small Steam boxing saying "first time installation 1/1" then the rectangular box telling me that the launcher is launching. Now during this time Steam does actually show me as being in game, and "tracks" the playtime. However about a second before the launcher actually pops up that goes away. Steam no longer is tracking or showing anything. In fact Steam acts like I closed it out even though it is still running. I put in my sign in info, click play, and I can play fine, however Steam does not show me as being in game.

The game itself runs just fine for me, and I can play it normally. It's just Steam isn't tracking anything, like the Steam bootstrapper or whatever it's called is getting "unhooked" from the launcher and the game.

Yes my game is a Steam version.

The only other issue I've had is that I can't run the game in fullscreen because my mouse cursor will disappear so I have to run it in windowed borderless. However I could care less about that since I want to run it in borderless, but the steam tracking thing is an irritating annoyance that I have noticed everyday playing. Not to mention by buddy pointing it out how he has "more" playtime despite being half as far, just reminds more that it isn't tracking right.

Any fixes or suggestions would greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    (0)
    Last edited by Creamy_Goodness; 09-29-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kaya Yuuna
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    The only other issue I've had is that I can't run the game in fullscreen because my mouse cursor will disappear so I have to run it in windowed borderless. However I could care less about that since I want to run it in borderless, but the steam tracking thing is an irritating annoyance that I have noticed everyday playing. Not to mention by buddy pointing it out how he has "more" playtime despite being half as far, just reminds more that it isn't tracking right.
    Both problems could be caused by *gasp* windows vista.

i know the fullscreen cursor issue is.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Creamy Goodness
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I may be on vista but I've never had this issue with any game before, and I have a fair amount of them. The only games that I've had this issue with with Steam are game shortcuts that I add myself, Steam gets "unhooked" from the short cut so it no longer will say I am in game, that is the only time.

I found a thread on Steams forums about this, and follow the suggestions there (which simply stated to go into the Steam install path and make all the exe's run as admin) and it did not help.

I could care less about the fullscreen issue (which I've also never had before with any other game) as I plan on running it in borderless window, but the steam tracking really irks me alot that I can't find a solution to it, and such a small sample of people even seem to have the issue in the first place.
    (0)
    Sometimes...when you're DPS and waiting on a dungeon...there's nothing left to do but DANCE!!!

Player
    Character
    Creamy Goodness
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    I am still trying to find a solution to this. I buy a Steam version of the game. Install normally, and it launches normal. However the only time Steam registers and shows that I am in game is during the initial version patch check that appears before the launcher. By the time the launcher is up Steam no longer registers that I am in game.

This is now, literally, the most frustrating issue I've ever tried to fix as there seems to be absolutely no solutions outside of either "run everything as admin" or "run nothing as admin", etc...

I sent a ticket to SE support and unfortunately all I got in response was: "Unfortunately that service is not available. While we cannot guarantee implementation we will surely pass this on to the developers." Which leads me to believe that they didn't even look at my issue. Game tracking has been a standard feature of every game put on Steam since 2009. Every one of my friends who have this on Steam do not have this issue. So, yes the game tracking is feature that is implemented by simply having your game on Steam. I apologize if I am coming off as angry or upset, but I have had this game over a month now with no resolution to this. I would have loved to know how long it took me to get my BLM up to 50, but as there is no way to track playtime, I will never know.

I refuse to believe that there is no way to fix this.
    so far I've:
    - verified cache
    - reinstalled
    - reinstalled on a different drive
    - clean my registry
    - defrag my harddrive
    - disable UAC
    - run all exe's associated with Steam and FFXIV as admin
    - run all exe's associated with Steam and FFXIV not flagged as admin
    - restarted and rebooted my computer multiple times
    - reinstalled Steam
    - deleted client blob and have redownloaded
    - sent support ticket to SE with response posted above
    - posted about issue on Steam forums

So far it feels as if I've done everything save for formatting my HDD and buying a new OS, neither of which I am going to do in hopes that this is fixed. As of now I can add my Steam version of FFXIV to steam as a non-steam game, but this is not a solution.

Please, anyone, can someone please help me fix this issue as it is really bothering me.
    (0)
    Last edited by Creamy_Goodness; 09-29-2014 at 10:29 PM.
    Sometimes...when you're DPS and waiting on a dungeon...there's nothing left to do but DANCE!!!

Player
    Character
    Tgiala Dauphne
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 42
    I am having the exact same problems. I am forced to run the game in borderless windowed at half the frames per second to be able to see the mouse pointer. I purchased the game through steam and the overlay is not working. Please fix!

Vista 64 bit OS
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Qig Qigqigqig
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I have the same issues with steam time not tracking and the mouse pointer not showing up in full screen.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaya Yuuna
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Its a GDI issue caused by the game using a GDI+ cursor, Vista is 8 years old, full of performance bugs - time to move on.
    (1)