Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Ignis Inferne
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    Whm, think id end up throwing my controller across the room if I had to control the fairy since I have enough trouble as it is keeping Garuda in check...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shune Nelhah
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    My preference lies with the White Mage. For one, the class is fairly iconic to the franchise, whereas I don't have as many glowing memories of the scholar.

The other is due to my having fairly lackluster experiences in the past with pet classes, and I wanted nothing to do with yet another one (though I did give ARC an honest try up to level 15 - which I had no choice to get anyways to obtain the WHM job). I know I should want to get Eye for an Eye, but going from level 15 to 34... looks like torture to me, and I don't want to do it.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Adore Mi
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I would have to say for general dungeons or doing Fates solo, I have most fun with scholar.

However, for anything more difficult like Coil or primals I much prefer white mage. Also, in the event I have to heal for Frontlines, I also prefer white mage.

As of late, overall, I'm feeling white mage a bit more. I think it's due to the fact that I am thinking summoner is becoming my main choice for dps class, and scholar has most of the same abilities, therefore I don't play scholar as much because of it. I also chose to complete my Novus for white mage, and while I have the sphere scroll for my scholar Animus, I don't really feel like doing it.
    (2)
    Last edited by NorthernLadMSP; 08-27-2014 at 03:37 AM.

Player
    Character
    Velo'a Nharoz
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I enjoy my WHM more than my SCH, but that's probably due to my hatred of pet classes (stems across all MMOs, not just FFXIV). If SCH wasn't a pet class I'd probably be playing that more as it's a much more effective healer in endgame.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Blue Plenilune
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    During version 1.0 I played as a White Mage, but as soon as Scholar was released I immediately made the switch. Having a fairy companion was the initial appeal (In FFXI my main was Puppetmaster and the healer puppet was my favorite), but there was more to it than that which kept me with the job. Above all else I enjoy the versatility and utility of Scholar. Having access to party-wide buffs from Selene and having an easier time with dealing respectable damage. Too often I would want to deal damage as White Mage, but felt uncomfortable switching to Cleric Stance even for short durations, whereas the fairy and the Lustrate ability are unaffected by its drawbacks. I used to treat Scholar as my main, but would switch to White Mage for content where Scholar was considered the inferior choice. Now I seek to challenge myself and tackle all fights as Scholar.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Iggi Wunohwun
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    WHM myself, I started out in 1.0 as a Conjurer, got to about level 28 before I couldn't take anymore of the awful game, came back for ARR, and loved healing on my WHM. I actually had Regen, a damage absorber, and my option of single target heals and AE heals.

Then I tried Arcanist/Scholar, mostly because it was new and I've always liked pet classes. The healing was a tad misleading moving up through the content. I very rarely had to heal, except maybe boss fights in most dungeons, but soon after 50 that changed quite a bit. While I wouldn't say it was more difficult then a WHM healing, actually some parts were easier, I would say that more work was involved in mastering the SCH's potential (from just my perspective). I had to constantly remind myself I had a partner in healing, and that I could use them for much more then just spot healing.

All said and done though, I still prefer the WHM. I know how awesome SCH's are, as I raid with a kick ass one who knows her class inside and out, but personally for me, I just feel more comfortable on my WHM. Although if I had started out as an Arcanist/SCH first, I may have a different outlook.
    (1)
    Last edited by Vid; 08-27-2014 at 07:20 AM.

Player
    Character
    Morri Umi
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 60
    A few days ago I would have said WHM without hesitation (in ignorance) but after leveling all the way to 40 as a Summoner I decided to finish the last hurdle as Scholar because of faster queue's and such and OMG it's so much fun xD Can't wait to get my Scholar into endgame. I'll never abandon my WHM though.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sebazy Spiritwalker
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Tough call for me, I've been the token healer for the best part of 15 years (More if you count bandages in UO!). I've never been one for pet classes or fancy shielding and thus Whm is simply more in my comfort zone, for example whilst I learnt Second Coil as SCH, I did my first clear as whm yesterday and had zero issues adapting despite having been more focused on DPSing on the Scholar.

On the flip side of the coin, the long GCD can make whm feel rather slow paced, waiting to be able to cast another heal after a regen can feel like a lifetime when your tank is getting stomped on. And that's where SCH shines imo, it's quite a bit more intensive particularly when your FC expects decent DPS alongside that healing. Not only in terms of raw keystrokes, but I'm also having to think further ahead to maximise my damage whilst still getting the heals and shields that count out on schedule. Plus it offers a little more room to really deliver 110%.

Comfort zone vs bonus intensity? I love them both
    (3)
    ~ WHM / badSCH / Snob ~ http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/871132/ ~

Player
    Character
    Carnage Incarnate
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    I prefer the solo heal t9 WHM with SCH stat build
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Miure Nero
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 59
    I'm extremely uncomfortable on White Mage to the point where I freaked out in dungeons while getting it to 34 for Stoneskin - I greatly respect any good White Mage player because I'm incapable of playing it well. I main Scholar and I love it to death(unless I'm tired and I get a bad(read:rude and, usually, can't play) party, then I hate it), it's playstyle fits me more and I already had Arcanist at 50 when I decided to start healing for faster queues since I was maining Summoner before that.
    (2)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast