Player
    Character
    Louis Victor
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50

about bahamut and coil

so in the intro bahamut breaks free (?) from dalamud and pew pew.

then some time in the future we see bahamut in the coil preserved.

how did that happen?

aren't the only ones who know how to do that are allagans and they're extinct or something?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hiromi Saikou
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 58
    This is the bazillion gil question. Based on what we do know, it could be inferred that he either expended all of his power on megaflare and what we saw of Bahamut was just an aetherial form - or - Loisoix may have bound him in the shattered remains of Dalamud after everyone seemingly disappeared. Either way, the Allagan tech is still working to keep Bahamut contained. To go into further depth than this would be uber spoilerific, but we could explain all that happens in the currently available parts of the Binding Coil storyline if you like.

And don't worry, Alisae is just as confused, if not more so, as you. Nothing about Bahamut's current dismembered state makes a whole lot of sense.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Portus Cale
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    We don't know.

The fact the Warriors of Light visage are removed from everyone's memories may very well have something to do with it.
    (0)
    He doesn't mind us conducting trials so close to his bazaar, so long as he's properly compensated... Yes, Portus, we pay him in sorcery-blasted bird flesh. - Cocobygo

Player
    Character
    Daii Mercury
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Chokee View Post
    so in the intro bahamut breaks free (?) from dalamud and pew pew.

then some time in the future we see bahamut in the coil preserved.

how did that happen?

aren't the only ones who know how to do that are allagans and they're extinct or something?
    This is why we brave the insanity known as Coil... other than dat loot.
    (2)

Lodestone: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1729819/
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernehalwes View Post
    While translation is a large part of our job, what is not known by many is that the EN localization team plays a large role in the creation of a lot of in-game terminology and lore which is then localized back into Japanese (with liberties often taken by the Japanese team so that the text might appear more appealing to their target Japanese audience).

Player
    Character
    Ajisai Zabosai
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by MercuryD View Post
    This is why we brave the insanity known as Coil... other than dat loot.
    It is SO hard explaining this to friends. lol
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alberel Lindurst
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Bear in mind that the Bahamut we see in Coil is actually being constructed by the wreckage of Dalamud. It's highly likely that it has rebuilt him from scratch - i.e. resummoned him into confinement. That was Dalamud's purpose after all. It's not the same physical manifestation of Bahamut that broke free at Cartenau.

The confusion arises with regards to his various body parts seen suspended in corrupted crystal as they do not appear to be directly linked to the newly generated Bahamut we see at the core. Quite what is going on there is still unexplained (though I believe the Tales from the Calamity has dropped a hint with regards to this). It's assumed that we'll get our answer at the end of the Third Binding Coil.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tea Mysidia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Of course I never really been to the coil yet, but based on whatever I could gather from forum posts, it doesn't make the slightest sense. If it is a prison, why can Bahamut send Nael and Louisouix to waltz around the place? Disassembled or not, he doesn't seem to be pacified at all. If he is hiding/recuperating, why is he in peaces?And why is he hiding in an Allagan construction. We know for a fact that Bahamut cannot control Allagan machinery. Otherwise he would have escaped Dalamud thousands of years earlier. So why aren't the machines and the tempered slaves fighting? Who created the simulation for Nael? Why is unlocking the prison of Bahamut a bad thing for him? (Louisouix wants to prevent it so we can assume that he doesn't want to escape just yet. But if he were to die, he could be summoned again.)

I smell Lahabrea here. I learned early on that if something doesn't make sense or is for no apparent reason, it is part of Lahabrea's grand plan.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurora Aura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Balipu View Post
    I smell Lahabrea here. I learned early on that if something doesn't make sense or is for no apparent reason, it is part of Lahabrea's grand plan.
    It' official Lahabrea is to blame for every inconsistency! Hildebrand surviving fatal incidents? Lahabrea. The inability to get more than one piece form Coil/CT per week? Lahabrea. Why Edda suddenly appeared after her death in Tam-Tara? Lahabrea! Illuminati? You bet it's Lahabrea! So the next time Fridge logic happens just assume it's Lahabrea and then spaz out as you shout his name

In all seriousness, it does seem very likely that the Asceans would have a hand in this. Their plans did use the Primals as well as the Garlean Empire and I don't think they'd leave such a huge variable as Bahamut slide by unless they can manipulate it to their advantage
    (1)
    Last edited by Morningstar1337; 09-09-2014 at 01:06 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sapphic Meow
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Well my theory based on lore:

Lore tells us from ST that the moon was sent up containing Bahamut as a power source for the Emporer to furl his dark power, but they couldn't control it leading to the destruction of the Allag Empire, Bahamut being held at a certain point of regen to be able to absorb aether which was then funelled down into the Crystal Tower.

As to my theory, Bahamut was never whole. What was seen over the flats was a form of Astral projection, which, given the power of Bahamutt, he was able to use his abilities through the projection. Kind of like how he does with Nael. Damage to Dalamuds systems where enough to allow Bahamut to start to regen fully from the coils feeding him aether, and as no Crystal Tower to syphon away the Aether he is using to regen....

The coils are syphoning the aether from the environment causing coruption to the local Aether, leaving residue behind. The corrupted Aether formations.

Funny thing at the end of 2nd coil, all three Coils are active, 2nd one gets deactivated, yet it still shows 2 of 3 coils active (2 beams shooting into Bahamuts regenning form after deactivate present) XD
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tea Mysidia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Rogue Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar1337 View Post

I don't think they'd leave such a huge variable as Bahamut slide by unless they can manipulate it to their advantage
    And besides. We know that Lahabrea was there at Carteneau and was very glad to see Bahamut again. Odd that we never saw any Ascians in the coil. Yet.

Based on the fact that Lahabrea didn't try to murder us while he was stalking us during the story we can conclude that we had/have/will have a part to play in his plans. The same can be true for Hildrebrand and Edda.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphic View Post

Funny thing at the end of 2nd coil, all three Coils are active, 2nd one gets deactivated, yet it still shows 2 of 3 coils active
    I think this should be the case. If three coils are active and you deactivate the second, the other two remain active.

As for the disassembled Bahamut: Where were his parts when Dalamud burst open. He is as big as a city state. Someone would have noticed his head flying around.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast