Player
    Character
    Femke Fisker
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 56
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxion View Post
    I want a Cactaur Green, or a Hunter Green chocobo. Does that mean I can just keep feeding him mamook pears until he turns one of those colors?
    I got Cactaur Green from Goobue grey by feeding pears. I'm trying to get Slate grey.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jellicle Jayde
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusari-chan View Post
    Dunno if my spreadsheet needs updating or not, but from what I can tell no one has gotten chocolate brown yet, I'd love a pic. I was actually considering what would make chocolate brown, and thought Regal Purple was the right value to get it. BUT I don't know exactly how to move it in the direction you want. I would say that because it has so much red, maybe continue with pears until it become more neutral grey, or add apples and see if you can make it go to Mesa Red as that color seems pretty close in hue to Chocolate Brown. . . This is just my guess though. Sorry if it doesn't help much, good luck.
    Oh ... didn't know I had hit new land by getting Chocolate brown from Regal Purple. O_o

Sorry, after I didn't see anyone say anything I took her out from some Hunting before deciding to feed her again. Looked at the color values and saw that Blue in Chocolate Brown seems pretty low ... so assuming that feeding her 4 pears did MORE than just one step I decided to feed her 1 berry before going to bed.

Woke up this morning to find she was REGAL PURPLE again! Had I seen your reply I would have given her pears again to get Chocolate Brown and snap a pic :/
    I was 3 kinds of annoyed with this color and multi procs on 1 food didn't seem to get her far enough away from it so I gave her 1 ValFruit to lower red and boost the Green/ Blue, a Pear to lower red and boost green to get them more even and 1 berry to boost blue ... She turned Charcoal Gray.

But don't worry, with my luck she will be back to regal Purple in NO TIME and if (well, when >_>) that happens I shall make it a point to feed her a pear to see if I can get Chocolate Brow again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezariel View Post
    @reivaxe: Try this, no guarantee but my calculator says this should get you much closer - 5 berries, 5 pears, 2 berries, 1 apple, 1 pear and 1 berry

See if that gets you black or one of the variants that is a shade off of black, since Chocolate Brown is indeed a high red color and you need to bring that red down while keeping your other numbers stable. That's why you need to balance berries and pears.

----------------------------
    If I hit Chocolate Brown again I will remember to try this after Snapping a Pic, thanks!
    (0)
    Last edited by reivaxe; 09-04-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Character
    Rex Xylon
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxion View Post
    I want a Cactaur Green, or a Hunter Green chocobo. Does that mean I can just keep feeding him mamook pears until he turns one of those colors?
    I accidentally colored my Chocobo Hunter Green today. Looks rather nice if I do say so myself...

However... I was going for Dalamud Red. Which apparently is believed to be "32 Xelphatol Apples, 22 O'ghomoro Berries, and 15 Mamook Pears." .....I guess coupled with some RNG, I some how ended up with Hunter Green.

(0)

Player
    Character
    Chop Chop
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusari-chan View Post
    This looks promising, I especially like the updated color map. Since my last attempt put me back at the Regal Purple I was trying to avoid, I'm going to use your calculator to see if I can get back toward Rolanberry Red, even though my ultimate goal is soot black, I still want to see other colors too. So using your calculator it recommended 1 pear and 1 berry, and I got a feather change message from it, so we'll see.
    Hmmm, To go from Regal Purple to Rolanberry Red the calculator says you should feed it: 1 × Pears, 1 × Berries, 2 × Apples, 2 × Berries, 4 × Apples, 4 × Pears. Maybe I need to revise the wording as it looks like you have just taken what it says from the red value, when you need to do them all.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Duuude Bismarck
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Armorer Lv 80
    I just confirmed that when i got regal purple, I ate one apple to proc new feathers. I then got Dalamud red.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kaya Yuuna
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopski View Post
    Hmmm, To go from Regal Purple to Rolanberry Red the calculator says you should feed it: 1 × Pears, 1 × Berries, 2 × Apples, 2 × Berries, 4 × Apples, 4 × Pears. Maybe I need to revise the wording as it looks like you have just taken what it says from the red value, when you need to do them all.
    I recommend the revision, as That is how i would have taken it myself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kusari Tsukihi
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    yeah. . . I misunderstood ^.^
    I got back to Royal Blue after that feeding, so next feed I just fed everything it told me to feed it from Royal Blue to get to Soot Black, no more skipping! and that was 1 apple, 1 berry, 7 apples and 7 pears. . . it gave me the color change message after every single food item. . . and after waiting 6 hours. . . it was back at Regal Purple. . . help? T-T
    (0)
    A Moon on the water, a wind in the trees, all and none belong to me.
    And so I must wander, down a road e'er long, over mountains, through valleys, singing these bard songs.

Player
    Character
    Chop Chop
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    At Royal Blue your Red and Green were almost there, you just needed to change Blue really. But it said to change blue and green on the calc, so I'll see about putting some minimum requirements on there. But now your red has shot up when it shouldn't have moved much at all and your green hasn't moved when it should have gone down a bit...

The calc should have at least pushed you in the right direction and has been working well for me and some others, so I'm confused to be honest...

Personally, I would keep trying. I've just gone from Storm Blue > Kobold Brown > Soot Black each time using the values from the calc. So it's about right, just not perfect. I was going to use my own judgement on the next feed if I didn't get soot black, which is what I would suggest to anyone when they're close to what they want.

Maybe someone on here has a better recipe they can suggest. As the calculator at present is still very basic and needs refining to make feeds more efficient/accurate.

Don't give up!
    (0)
    Last edited by Chopski; 09-04-2014 at 09:19 PM.

Player
    Character
    Attackat Muaddib
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Anyway I built a calculator, which uses the advice here and was much easier and less complicated than what I was trying to do...

http://www.ffxivchocobo.com

Feedback greatly appreciated.
    Just a side note, I went ballistic on the 2500+ post thread because the posters that made recommendations using the original calculator didn't do this, and I am seeing the same possible mistake(?) being made here. So a question here that may help improve or fine tune your calculator (I hope).

Just playing around, so I put in the request from one of the posts:

---------------------------
    Hunter Green » Dalamud Red
    RGB(34, 68, 38) » RGB(113, 22, 22)

Difference: Red: 79, Green: -46, Blue: -16

Feed ALL of the below to change to your desired colour:

Red: 8 × Valfruit, 8 × Pineapples
    Green: 5 × Apples, 5 × Berries
    Blue: 2 × Apples, 2 × Pears
    ------------------------------

Now, we all know that:
    Apple + plums = 0,0,0
    Pear + valfruit = 0,0,0
    Berry + pineapples = 0,0,0
    So why recommend 8 valfruit, then 2 pear? Same with 8 pineapples, then 5 berries, when 6x valfruit, 3x pineapple, 7x apple yields the same result.

Please discuss ...
    (0)
    Last edited by AttacKat; 09-04-2014 at 11:01 PM.

Player
    Character
    La La'
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I accidentally colored my Chocobo Hunter Green today. Looks rather nice if I do say so myself...

However... I was going for Dalamud Red.
    Ha ha! I had exactly opposite problem - aiming for Hunter Green and end up Dalamud red! After a couple of detours via some other dark reds and browns I've however managed to reach the Hunter Green - which really looks gorgeous IMO.
    (1)

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast