Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 195
  1. #21
    Player
    Tinsley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    319
    Character
    Tinsley Tr'uhart
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnsHollow View Post
    So if I wanted to reach Dalamund red from blood red, would I need to feed the chocobo double the amount of berries over pears? Since I need the green to go down more then the blue?

    So for example six berries, and three pears?
    I went from blood red to Dalamud red using 1 berry.
    (1)

  2. #22
    Player
    subteraneanbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    357
    Character
    Kurara Bean
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 70
    If it's not a bother, I'd like a feed amount for Desert Yellow->Hunter Green. The spreadsheet has this at -182, -107. -42
    (0)

  3. #23
    Player
    lyricmacabre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    56
    Character
    Dyani Aine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 53
    It's interesting how some feeds require 10+ berries, while others only need one. Oh random numbers.
    (0)
    Last edited by lyricmacabre; 08-26-2014 at 09:45 PM.

  4. #24
    Player Tatsuo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ul'dah
    Posts
    172
    Character
    Tatsuo Kimura
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    My Chocobo reached Royal Blue and I'd like to know how to get to Soot Black.
    If you could help, it would be very much appreciated.

    Values
    -------

    Current: Royal Blue
    34 24 96

    Target: Soot Black
    37 35 30
    (0)

  5. #25
    Player

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    201
    Hey guys. I need help from you experts getting from Mesa Red(which is actually in the brown spectrum), to Wine Red.

    No one seems to want this color and none of the linked websites have info on either color

    Thx
    (0)

  6. #26
    Player
    Syrehn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    503
    Character
    N'yuuki Nekohmi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Casmir_Chev View Post
    This is great! Right now I am at snow white. I was soot black, snow white looks more gray than white. Does this mean I will need a massive amount of fruit to get to the other side of the color spectrum?
    If you're at snow white you'd likely need approx. 19 of each "Darkener" fruit type (Apple, Pear, Berries) to push you into a Soot Black range.
    (0)

  7. #27
    Player
    Syrehn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    503
    Character
    N'yuuki Nekohmi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantbane View Post
    My FC has been experimenting with O'ghomoro berries only (deepen blue hues). If they stop at color change, they have been able to repeat the results multiple times. This is the path for the berries:

    [197,139, 79] - Cork Brown
    [178,157,105] - Ul Brown
    [180,158,130] - gobbiebag brown
    [140,122,101] - Shale Brown
    [130,128,125] - Goobbue Grey
    [128, 120,169] - Lavender Blue
    [114, 75,101] - Plum Purple
    [ 41, 81,130] - Othard blue
    [ 34, 42, 96] - Royal Blue

    And berries stop doing anything after that

    Problem is that all of the RGB values are fluctuating and there isn't a consistent increase or decrease to anything that's happening. How does the manual explain this transition?
    The issue here is that we're missing variables so it makes it hard to attempt the math. It probably took different amounts of berries for X, Y, Z of your FC members to trigger their "Feather's" message. This means they were shifting around in the spectrum differently but didn't push to the next dye range (i.e. Orthard Blue to Royal Blue).

    What I believe is happening (this is all research pulled from the 190+ Chocobo Dye R&D thread) is that as you feed berries 2 of your RGB values are getting pushed into the next dye range (even if the 3rd isn't quite there) and then you're triggering your "Feather's" message; this ties into the belief that each Dye has a value "range".

    Even though we know the RGB's for certain dye's, and 1 "Feather" message pushed you all to the same colour, it's very unlikely that each FC member (or anyone for that matter) are sitting at the exact RGB dye value of the new colour. It's more than likely each person is hovering in the dye range which in turn makes the calculations not an exact science.

    Does that make more sense to you?
    (0)
    Last edited by Syrehn; 08-27-2014 at 02:51 AM.

  8. #28
    Player
    Giantbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,534
    Character
    Adol Giantbane
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrehn View Post
    The issue here is that we're missing variables so it makes it hard to attempt the math. It probably took different amounts of berries for X, Y, Z of your FC members to trigger their "Feather's" message. This means they were shifting around in the spectrum differently but didn't push to the next dye range (i.e. Orthard Blue to Royal Blue).

    What I believe is happening (this is all research pulled from the 190+ Chocobo Dye R&D thread) is that as you feed berries 2 of your RGB values are getting pushed into the next dye range (even if the 3rd isn't quite there) and then you're triggering your "Feather's" message; this ties into the belief that each Dye has a value "range".

    Even though we know the RGB's for certain dye's, and 1 "Feather" message pushed you all to the same colour, it's very unlikely that each FC member (or anyone for that matter) are sitting at the exact RGB dye value of the new colour. It's more than likely each person is hovering in the dye range which in turn makes the calculations not an exact science.

    Does that make more sense to you?
    You're missing the point. By feeding it ONLY deepen blue berries, the blue value goes up, goes down, goes up, goes down, goes up and then finally goes down. The red at least consistently goes down, but the green also fluctuates.

    Which makes this somewhat false to some degree:

    Quote Originally Posted by Syrehn View Post
    DEEPENS BLUE = Make the BLUE MORE vibrant, and opposing colours (RED and GREEN) LESS vibrant automatically. (BLUE slider increases toward 255, RED and GREEN slider decreases toward 0)
    it does make the color move toward a darker blue, but it's not a direct path whatsoever (at least in terms of RGB values). It also doesn't move blue to 255.
    (0)
    Last edited by Giantbane; 08-27-2014 at 04:03 AM.

  9. #29
    Player
    Sagittarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Gridania
    Posts
    867
    Character
    Nesshin'na Kasai
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Giantbane View Post
    it does make the color move toward a darker blue, but it's not a direct path whatsoever (at least in terms of RGB values). It also doesn't move blue to 255.
    The most likely explanation, assuming that our understanding of the fruits is generally correct, is based around the available colors covering a range of actual RGB values. It could be that your Royal Blue is not actually [34, 42, 96] and is closer to [0, 0, 255] but that it displays as Royal Blue anyway.

    I don't think we have any understanding of the possible ranges that each color covers so it is easy to claim this is the reason your results don't seem to fit but it is also impossible to prove.

    I have a theory that the system doesn't actually save an RGB value for your chocobo. I think it works with it in memory while you are feeding it but as soon as you take it out of the stable it throws out the working RGB value and jumps to the "closest" available color. So even if your working RGB value is [0, 0, 255] it will reset to Royal Blue [34, 42, 96] when the chocobo is taken out.
    I'd like to see someone test this by getting 2 chocobos to an "end state" like you have with Royal Blue and the berries, then feed one of them some extra berries. Take both chocobos out and restable them then see if it takes the same number of fruit to reverse your way up to Othard Blue.
    I don't have any proof for this theory, btw. It is just working off the assumption that we will get more colors eventually and SE has thought ahead and realized that storing an RGB value for each chocobo could result in some changing colors when the ranges are reallocated and also that they don't want to have to store the extra data for each bird.
    (0)


  10. #30
    Player
    Giantbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,534
    Character
    Adol Giantbane
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagittarian View Post
    The most likely explanation, assuming that our understanding of the fruits is generally correct, is based around the available colors covering a range of actual RGB values. It could be that your Royal Blue is not actually [34, 42, 96] and is closer to [0, 0, 255] but that it displays as Royal Blue anyway.
    Possible, but some of those ranges would need to be extremely wide to account for the path plotted above.

    I wonder if the math happens in a different color space. Or whether it's doing some sort of non trivial blend with a color represented by each fruit (berries being something akin to royal blue).
    (0)

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast