Player
    Character
    La La'
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    I accidentally colored my Chocobo Hunter Green today. Looks rather nice if I do say so myself...

However... I was going for Dalamud Red.
    Ha ha! I had exactly opposite problem - aiming for Hunter Green and end up Dalamud red! After a couple of detours via some other dark reds and browns I've however managed to reach the Hunter Green - which really looks gorgeous IMO.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Chop Chop
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by AttacKat View Post
    Just a side note, I went ballistic on the 2500+ post thread because the posters that made recommendations using the original calculator didn't do this, and I am seeing the same possible mistake(?) being made here. So a question here that may help improve or fine tune your calculator (I hope).
    Yes, you're right. I'm sure I found a flaw in doing that when I originally built it. But I just used your example and achieved the same result. Might take me a while to sort it as it is doing the R,G & B calculations separately at the moment. But I will update accordingly, thank you.

Edit: Have updated so recommended feeds should not be so wasteful now.
    (0)
    Last edited by Chopski; 09-05-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Player
    Character
    Raxion Gunsoul
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxion View Post
    I want a Cactaur Green, or a Hunter Green chocobo. Does that mean I can just keep feeding him mamook pears until he turns one of those colors?
    Just wanted to follow up from my post yesterday. I managed to get Cactuar Green today. I fed my chocobo pears until they no longer had any effect. This put me at Apple Green. I then fed it Berries until I got the "growing new feathers" message. Six hours later I got Cactuar Green. I'd like to get Hunter Green, but this will do.

(1)

Player
    Character
    Enma Daiou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Chopski View Post
    I went to loads of effort over the last week or so trying to map out all of the relationships, thinking there was a direct connection between each colour. Then I read this thread...

Anyway I built a calculator, which uses the advice here and was much easier and less complicated than what I was trying to do...

http://www.ffxivchocobo.com
    I followed the instructions on your site from Regal Purple to Soot Black and I ended on Ink Blue. After that I used your site again from Ink Blue to Soot Black and now I'm waiting for the result. Even if not 100% accurate it took me closer to my goal as ever, so it's good. Thank you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chop Chop
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Enma View Post
    I followed the instructions on your site from Regal Purple to Soot Black and I ended on Ink Blue. After that I used your site again from Ink Blue to Soot Black and now I'm waiting for the result. Even if not 100% accurate it took me closer to my goal as ever, so it's good. Thank you.
    Awesome, good luck! Got my fingers crossed, let's hope the RNG gods are kind to you.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Marcella Cat
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by reivaxe View Post
    Oh ... didn't know I had hit new land by getting Chocolate brown from Regal Purple. O_o

Sorry, after I didn't see anyone say anything I took her out from some Hunting before deciding to feed her again. Looked at the color values and saw that Blue in Chocolate Brown seems pretty low ... so assuming that feeding her 4 pears did MORE than just one step I decided to feed her 1 berry before going to bed.

Woke up this morning to find she was REGAL PURPLE again! Had I seen your reply I would have given her pears again to get Chocolate Brown and snap a pic :/
    I was 3 kinds of annoyed with this color and multi procs on 1 food didn't seem to get her far enough away from it so I gave her 1 ValFruit to lower red and boost the Green/ Blue, a Pear to lower red and boost green to get them more even and 1 berry to boost blue ... She turned Charcoal Gray.

But don't worry, with my luck she will be back to regal Purple in NO TIME and if (well, when >_>) that happens I shall make it a point to feed her a pear to see if I can get Chocolate Brow again.

If I hit Chocolate Brown again I will remember to try this after Snapping a Pic, thanks!
    Fed her one of all darkening foods (Apple then pear then berry), got Loam Brown ...

Any suggestions? Gonna try a Val to see if that can even out the colors and get me soot black.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adol Giantbane
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by reivaxe View Post
    Fed her one of all darkening foods (Apple then pear then berry), got Loam Brown ...

Any suggestions? Gonna try a Val to see if that can even out the colors and get me soot black.
    Valfruit is going the wrong way. Loam is still lighter than Soot black so you're going to want to darken more. It's also a little too red so you'll need to remove that.

The above calculator http://www.ffxivchocobo.com/ is an automatic version of the spreadsheet and looks like it does a pretty good job of giving general estimates from my limited tests. Its recommendations are 2 apple, 3 pear, 3 berry which seems pretty good as it does remove a bit of red and then darkens it overall.
    (0)
    Last edited by Giantbane; 09-05-2014 at 03:49 AM.

Player
    Character
    Dyani Aine
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 53
    Just tried out the Chocobo Colour Simulator as mentioned in the first post, really stoked to see something like this. To think we can get to our desired color in nearly one to three or so tries? So cool!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Saori Kobayashi
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 60
    Help PLS. Currant Purple -> 2x peers -> Deepwood Green -> 1x valefruit 1x pineapple -> Marsh Green -> 1x Berry -> up to see in 6 hours.

I kinda move around all the colors possible but never get Sooth Black. I've tried pretty much every spreadsheet, calculator and what not. Can't get there. Can anyone help me?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kusari Tsukihi
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Kusari-chan View Post
    yeah. . . I misunderstood ^.^
    I got back to Royal Blue after that feeding, so next feed I just fed everything it told me to feed it from Royal Blue to get to Soot Black, no more skipping! and that was 1 apple, 1 berry, 7 apples and 7 pears. . . it gave me the color change message after every single food item. . . and after waiting 6 hours. . . it was back at Regal Purple. . . help? T-T
    From purple I followed the calculator instructions to get to Soot Black: 6 pears, 6 berries, 1 apple, 1 berry, 4 apples and 4 pears. . . . and drum roll. . . . Wine Red! It's not Soot Black. . . but it is still nice to see another color other than purple or blue. . . that being said, now I want to see midnight blue, and the calculator recommends 4 plums and 4 berries. Gonna give it a shot, because even though I know what my ultimate goal is, I want to see a variety of colors.

So, 4 plums and 4 berries, I'll try to get to midnight ^.^
    (0)
    A Moon on the water, a wind in the trees, all and none belong to me.
    And so I must wander, down a road e'er long, over mountains, through valleys, singing these bard songs.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast