Player
    Character
    Grim Lion
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Scape View Post
    And on your point of having a hard time getting gear cause you have to compete with ARC for that gear, well it could go both ways too I think. I have LNC, PGL, and ARC to 50. I get asked to come ARC for anything and everything even though I like my other other jobs too. I am having a hard time getting some other drops that my 2 other classes can wear that ARC can't, because most people see me as just an ARC.

IMO, I think the gear that is for all DoW should maybe have a more balanced stats in general. But the heavy plated stuff for MRD/LNC/GLA maybe focus more on stuff like STR/VIT/HP and have higher def. And, the lighter armor that PUG and ARC would wear be more focused on stuff like DEX/ACC/EVA and have lower def then all the others.
    You bring up many good points and issues there that I agree with and see the troubles with also.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pandora Vainglory
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim_Lion View Post
    I guess thats one item that works. But how can anyone explain the Bladedancer's Jackboot's. Don't they refer to players with bladed weapons? Im not certain but I think the Archer's are able use those too.

Maybe the system isnt completely broken, and like you say maybe they are working on it, but I think Im seeing some things that could be fixed or balanced. I could be wrong too I guess.
    No, I totally understand what you're saying and I agree, I'd like to see some differences as well. However, it's one of those things where it'll be done eventually. As it stands, even with new content in place, the majority of equipable items were set in place prior to Yoshi taking over, with a different game plan in mind, so yea, until new equipment is added (and I imagine a level cap increase) I think we're kinda hooped at the moment.
    (0)

Player

And, if it follows the flow of XI, we wont be seeing the more unique gear for classes until we are R50+
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Grim Lion
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    As it stands, even with new content in place, the majority of equipable items were set in place prior to Yoshi taking over, with a different game plan in mind, so yea, until new equipment is added (and I imagine a level cap increase) I think we're kinda hooped at the moment.
    Thats something I never really considered. Another great point which I hope is involved, and can be worked on or fix for the future.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pandora Vainglory
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Yea, I have faith that they will eventually fix most concerns and make this a very fun game. I just don't think it'll be finished soon. lol
    FF14 has given gamers one of the hardest NMs of all to fight.... patience.
    (0)

Player

The majority of what I see posted in this thread, not all of it, but the majority is, that in this game that was known to be open between classes, allow you to carry over spells, and abilities between classes, just over all be open and flowing, absolutely not pigeon holing playstyles and classes, and eveyone is complaining that they want differences. What happens the second you get what you ask for, you will make threads whinning about it too.
    (0)

Player

well ummm... the classes need to different and unique or what is the point of playing one over the other?
    (0)

Player

to get the full effect of there favored spells for one.
    Well the classes are different, nd you have different benefits from moving different spells toand from different classes. If i need to explain to you how an archer is unique from a marauder, then this is too far gone. That doesn't change the fact that this was to be a "sandbox" game, and that notion is being stricken against harshly here.
    (0)

Player

Well, the game failed pretty horribly with how it was "suppose" to be.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Captain Lalafist
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 82
    On some items, you should ,on other items, you shouldn't.

For a multiclass game decreasing our gear options would prove to be quite messy and unnecessary. There is a huge demand for all-around gear that fits many classes. I simply don't want to be carrying around 18 different earrings or pants for my multiple classes because the level/class requirements are so strict.

Then again, I also want to obtain equipment that characterizes my class/job from the rest of my classes and others. Iconic equipment. There is definitely a demand for such items as well.

I want more of both.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast