Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player

Map Markers please!

If you want map markers please reply here with your thoughts.I just want unlimited markers so I can save mining spots or good camps I want to remember and be able to see them everytime I pull my map up.
    (20)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    I don't know why this was not added from day 1 ffxi had them i hoping they do it here also
    (2)
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Gennosuke Kouga
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Would certainly help. I vote for such a system, although not so crucial atm compared to other requests.
    Though it doesn't seem like a big feature to add in.
    (2)
    Last edited by Gennosuke; 07-30-2011 at 12:59 AM.

Player
    Character
    Smokey Mcpot
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 60
    Agree, to be able to customize your own markers for mining/harvesting/fishing points or even mobs and NMs you are favored to farm.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ojay Lionking
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    I'd definitely like this. I'll go one further and ask for a one-click temporary waypoint system, for when you know you need to head to x spot but don't want to go through the journal to check quest, or maybe it's something not quest related. I'm thinking of the type you see in a lot of GTA style games that goes away when you actually arrive there, but helps you maintain your bearings in the meantime.

I want to stress this would be in addition to a permanent marker system though.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shyd Etine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    I think they added something in 1.18 for gathering that adds markers to your map of the nodes you have found. I have not been on my botanist since 1.18 so im not entirely too sure how it all works but.....

[dev1099] A record of all previously visited gathering points is now saved for each Disciple of the Land class.
    Patch 1.18 notes
    (1)

Vicious Linkshell
    www.viciouslinkshell.com

Player

I was trying to figure out how that works? I harvested and mined all day yesterday and saw no such thing.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Shyd Etine
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    Yea me too. So im confused as well @.@;; It is in the notes, unless im completely misreading them.
    (2)

Vicious Linkshell
    www.viciouslinkshell.com

Community Rep
    Hey guys! We just wanted to let you know that map markers will be implemented in a future patch.
    (32)
    Bethany "Rukkirii" Stout - Community Team

Player
    Character
    Reinheart Valentine
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 86
    I dunno if I should start a thread or if there is one already but for maps is it only few of us that want blind maps?
    At least for future areas where you have to actually make the map yourself your path will fill in the maps or stays that way till you buy/obtain the map.

Also how many markers do we get per map? Since some maps we already have for example Nanawa mines, the map is already stuck in my head but would be nice if we can mark all the spots we can't pass through although on the map it shows we can. (Would be nice if those are auto markered when you hit the dead end)
    (5)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast