Player
    Character
    Miste Vaer
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaeffa View Post
    Sorry, I think I wasn't super clear in my previous response. Since you're starting at Lavender Purple, the exact number of berry feathers changing procs may be different. We've already seen some other discrepancies, like someone who took a total of 17 procs to get to Lavender when he did it in two feedings whereas it only took you 13 when you did it in one.
    Wish I could help more, but we just don't know everything about the process yet. =/
    Ah okay. No problem at all, glad you responded ^^

I'll just do some of my own tinkering, maybe i'll try lightening red hues like my original plan.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Veldridge Tyr
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 60
    so i fed my bird 16 pears, and got the feathers message at the 8th pear, then i fed 6 berries, 10 apples and another 3 pears, and i got coeurl yellow, kinda curious as to where that fits into the scheme of things,
    i did get the feathers growing after every feeding after the 7th pear.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    N'yuuki Nekohmi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    In Regards To Chocobo RGB Colour Scaling

A few pages ago it was mentioned that if you "Deepen" a colour that you also automatically lessen the remaining hues, as well as if you "Lighten" a colour you are increasing the remaining hues.

Some people questioned how this was even possible and maybe I worded it oddly so let's try explaining it again.

Ok, so when you think of a computers colour values that the monitor uses to determine colour, it looks something like this (using values ranging from 0 through 255):

*Example*

RED 0------------|-------------255 [128]
    GREEN 0-------|------------------255 [078]
    BLUE 0-------------------|------255 [205]

Now when you move the values around you reach all variables of colour. Maxing the RED slider to 255 while at the same time decreasing both the GREEN and BLUE slider to 0, displays a complete RED colour.

In another example, decreasing the RED slider to zero while at the same time increasing the GREEN and BLUE sliders to 255 causes the colour to display as a very vibrant CYAN colour.

In the last example, balancing all three sliders at the same value will display varying shades of BLACK and WHITE. Having RED, BLUE, and GREEN values set all to zero displays BLACK. Having RED, BLUE, and GREEN values set all to 255 (max) displays WHITE.

*NOTE: The Following Is False Information

Originally assumed, due to the tooltip's poor wording, we thought that the chocobo dye would work like this:

Darkens Red = Moves only the RED colour slider towards zero.
    Lightens Red = Moves only the RED colour slider towards 255.

Darkens Green = Moves only the GREEN colour slider towards zero.
    Lightens Green = Moves only the GREEN colour slider towards 255.

Darkens Blue = Moves only the BLUE colour slider towards zero.
    Lightens Blue = Moves only the BLUE colour slider towards 255.

This would be an easy to comprehend way to do Chocobo dyeing, however THIS IS NOT THE WAY SE IMPLEMENTED IT (F*** ME, AMIRITE?)

*NOTE: The Following Is How The System Actually Works

The is what the tooltips actually mean:

DEEPENS RED = Make the RED MORE vibrant, and opposing colours (BLUE and GREEN) LESS vibrant automatically. (RED slider increases toward 255, BLUE and GREEN slider decreases toward 0)
    LIGHTENS RED = Make the RED LESS vibrant, and opposing colours (BLUE and GREEN) MORE vibrant automatically. (RED slider increases toward 0, BLUE and GREEN slider decreases toward 255)

DEEPENS GREEN = Make the GREEN MORE vibrant, and opposing colours (BLUE and RED) LESS vibrant automatically. (GREEN slider increases toward 255, BLUE and RED slider decreases toward 0)
    LIGHTENS GREEN = Make the GREEN LESS vibrant, and opposing colours (BLUE and RED) MORE vibrant automatically. (GREEN slider increases toward 0, BLUE and RED slider decreases toward 255)

DEEPENS BLUE = Make the BLUE MORE vibrant, and opposing colours (RED and GREEN) LESS vibrant automatically. (BLUE slider increases toward 255, RED and GREEN slider decreases toward 0)
    LIGHTENS BLUE = Make the BLUE LESS vibrant, and opposing colours (RED and GREEN) MORE vibrant automatically. (BLUE slider increases toward 0, RED and GREEN slider decreases toward 255)

The values these fruits provide have an RNG window. Meaning that a lighten red fruit can decrease the red value from -3 to -6 while simultaneously increasing the green/blue values from +3 to +6; your mileage may vary.

This is how the Chocobo food colours associate:

RED<------------->CYAN (green and blue)
    BLUE<------------->YELLOW (red and green)
    GREEN<------------->MAGENTA (red and blue)

Now keep in mind that the Chocobo's default colour is 'DESERT YELLOW' which means that its initial colour sliders look like this:

*DESERT YELLOW*
    RED 0---------------------|----255 [216]
    GREEN 0-------------------|------255 [175]
    BLUE 0--------|-----------------255 [080]

This means that any colour tweaking that needs to be done assume that these are the starting values.

To figure out the RGB colour values of your Chocobo's current plumage refer to the FFXIV Chocobo Colours spreadsheet. However, I would advise against using the recipe's found there as many users have stated throughout this thread that they do not yield the desired result.

EXTRA INFORMATION

So how do I make a white Chocobo?

Going off the RGB colour sliders, the colour white is achieved by getting as close to 255 in all colours (RED, GREEN, and BLUE). To achieve this you will need to feed your chocobo an equal amount of the types of food which say they LIGHTEN a colour (RED, GREEN or BLUE). That way, only one colour's sliders moves toward 0, while the other two move toward 255.

Now keep in mind your Chocobo starts at Desert Yellow which naturally has a higher Green and Red starting value, this means you'll want to feed him more fruit that increases the blue colour value initially.

So how do I make a black Chocobo?

Much like the white Chocobo, the colour black is achieved by getting as close to 0 in all colours (RED, GREEN, and BLUE). To achieve this you will need to feed your chocobo an equal amount of the types of food which say they DEEPEN a colour (RED, GREEN or BLUE). That way, only one colour's sliders moves toward 255, while the other two move toward 0.
    (14)
    Last edited by Syrehn; 08-24-2014 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Added Link To Chocobo Colours Spreadsheet

Player
    Character
    Mana Rie
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Coral Pink

22 Val, 16 Apples and 10 Plums
    (1)
    Last edited by Manarie; 08-23-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jeroak Nelave
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Karuson View Post

Okay! So here's all the info I can give that resulted in a snow white bo for me.

11/15 Doman Plum's resulted in the "new feathers" message
    6/6 Cieldalaes Pineapples resulted in the "new feathers" message
    12/12 Valfruit Resulted in the "new feathers" message
    Okay, what i think someone should do, is attempt this, but only with the amount of "new feather" messages. For example:

Feed enough Doman Plums to get 11 new feather messages
    Feed enough Ciel Pineapple to get 6 new feather messages
    Feed enough Valfruit to get 12 new feather messages

And see if that also gets you snow white. If it does, then that will be confirmation that it is the number of messages for the fruit, and not the amount of fruit, that make the difference. And then we can figure out if that is too many, and how many "messages" are actually needed to get Snow White.

Think thats something to start with?
    (2)

Player
    Character
    N'yuuki Nekohmi
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LionFranco View Post
    Okay, what i think someone should do, is attempt this, but only with the amount of "new feather" messages. For example:

Feed enough Doman Plums to get 11 new feather messages
    Feed enough Ciel Pineapple to get 6 new feather messages
    Feed enough Valfruit to get 12 new feather messages

And see if that also gets you snow white. If it does, then that will be confirmation that it is the number of messages for the fruit, and not the amount of fruit, that make the difference. And then we can figure out if that is too many, and how many "messages" are actually needed to get Snow White.

Think thats something to start with?
    I've already done this here.

Edit: Well my fruit values weren't exactly the same as that but I did record my "Feathers" messages.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Raka Maimhov
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrehn View Post
    In Regards To Chocobo RGB Colour Scaling

textblock
    Except you're wrong, and that is actually how it works. It adds/subtracts from ONE color. Just one. Each food adjusts the slider up or down in ONE color only.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Momomi Momi
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 90
    Thank you for that explanation Syrehn. Nicely worded.

Raka, if that's how it worked, then you wouldn't be able to get such deep blues by simply feeding berries.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jeroak Nelave
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Okay, so your results are from 7 messages from plum, 1 message from pineapple, and 10 messages from Valfruit, so it means that combination will get you snow white, and it takes less messages than what it took for Karuson. So now we should see if someone can replicate this, get this exact same number of messages, on the first attempt, and see if you still get Snow White.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nico Robin
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 50
    Disclaimer: I use SweetFX.
    The sharpening and adjustment in colors from the filters will not look the same on your screen.

Stable condition: Good.
    9 Berries, 6 Apples, 3 Pears: Coral Pink.
    Picture.

In addition to the above: +6 Apples: Sunset Orange.
    Picture.

Keep in mind that unlike some of the previous posters, I am consistently getting the "feathers begin to grow" message.
    (1)

Page 94 of 292 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 104 144 194 ... LastLast