Judging from the posts, it looks like:
Deepen r = +r -g -b
Deepen g = -r +g -b
Deepen b = -r -g +b
Lighten r= -r +g +b
Lighten g= +r -g +b
Lighten b= +r +g -b
1. Feeding different types can overwrite the effects, resulting in lower net effect
2. Feeding all 3 darkening equally results in net drop in color (i.e. -r -g -b)
3. Feeding all 3 lightening equally results in net increase in color (i.e. +r +g +b)
4. Colors are rounded to the nearest in game dye color. You only get message if you successfully change the color to next one in palette. But it can also mean you changed back to the original color you started with.
5. #3/#4 combined says for darkening foods, the +effect on the primary shade is higher than the -effect on the other 2. The reverse for lightening.
I got Celeste Green by feeding mine: 15x Doman Plum and 3x O'ghomoro Berries.
Beginning to wonder if it's even possible to get soot black on your chocobo.
My latest result: Started at Celeste Green and fed 5 Valfruit. First gave just the plumage change in 6 hours then just devour til the fifth where the feathers are growing hit. Result was Corpse Blue.
I tried this and got the following results:
1x Pineapple message (1/3 worked - third succeeded) + x1 Plum message (1/1).
>> Six hour rest. <<
Result was Cream Yellow.
x10 Valfruit message (10/12 - first two no message) + Six Plum (6/6)
>> Six hour rest. <<
Result was Rose Pink.
I followed the guide two people had used for Snow White and didn't get it. So we're seeing a mitiating variable here. Either the timing of rest is pivotal or it's randomness thrown in to frustrate us. Could be that they cap in some way per rest but I just don't know. Any idea what I need for Snow White at this stage?
Last edited by Applesnap; 08-23-2014 at 04:49 PM.
So here I am with Lavender Purple. . . Started from Cork Brown to Royal Purple To Plum Purple.
Group shot with some other FC mates . . . Sky Blue, and Quqirin Brown. An Apple Green
Last edited by Eithne; 08-23-2014 at 05:10 PM.
Been avidly reading this thread while waiting for our seeds to grow, and I'd like to suggest a bit of a theory, see if anyone can test it out.
1) Each fruit has a set value for increasing or reducing color.
2) However, each possible chocobo "dye color" step includes several levels. That is, different combinations of color-fruits can produce the same "dye color" because the full spectrum of colors is not available
3) The "growing feathers" message is given whenever your feeding results in a "step up" or "step down" in visual dye color, that is, what you SEE on your chocobo. (cont'd below)
Could anyone offer some valuable insight here?
4) But two chocobos can have the same visual color but not the same color in the numbers, and changing them from there can take different steps.
Say you have a green-yellow bird and want a yellow-orange one. You feed him a "red fruit" which unknown to you, has a set value of, say, 5. He turns yellow-orange. Your friend gets excited and does the same thing, but their bird only turns yellow! It's because YOUR bird was green-yellow at value (3) and took 5 steps up to yellow-orange (2), while theirs was green-yellow at value (1) and took 5 steps up to yellow (3). If he feeds his bird again, though, it won't be yellow-orange, it will be at orange (2).