Player
    Character
    Altrage A'uli
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90

Advanced Jobs

So far each Class unlocks a single job, IE: Lancer → Dragoon; what I am suggesting is to merely add on to that with jobs that require more than one class leveled to a certain degree. Here is an image that I created to diagram it

For those who would rather have it in listed format

Basic Jobs
    Pugilist → Monk
    Gladiator → Warrior
    Marauder → Viking
    Fencer → Thief
    Enforcer → Geomancer
    Archer → Ranger
    Lancer → Dragoon
    Musketeer → Corsair
    Sentinel → Guard
    Ronin → Samurai
    Assassin → Ninja
    Flayer → Beastmaster
    Mytic → Oracle
    Thaumaturge → Black Mage
    Conjurer → White Mage
    Arcanist → Tinker
    Bard → Orator
    Reaper → Dark Knight

Advanced Jobs
    Reaper + Thaumaturge → Magus
    Marauder + Musketeer → Canonneer
    Archer + Assassin → Sniper
    Pugilist + Bard → Juggler
    Enforcer + Sentinel → Bishop
    Enforcer + Lancer → Gadgeteer
    Gladiator + Sentinel → Paladin
    Fencer + Conjurer → Elementist
    Pugilist + Flayer → Puppetmaster
    Lancer + Sentinel → Defender
    Ronin + Sentinel → Templar
    Assassin + Reaper → Hunter
    Fencer + Thaumaturge → Red Mage
    Gladiator + Bard → Dancer
    Mystic + Conjurer → Summoner
    Thaumaturge + Arcanist → Time Mage
    Musketeer + Arcanist → Engineer
    Flayer + Mystic → Blue Mage
    Archer + Conjurer → Green Mage

Land and Hand should also get Jobs make them:

Blacksmith + Carpenter → Airship Hull Builder (create airship parts)
    Carpenter + Leatherworker → Airship Upholstery Maker (interior airship parts)
    Alchemist + Blacksmith → Airship Engineer (Engine parts for the airship)

Of course I'm just using Airships as an example, but this could also be brought into housing; making houses AND the bigger furnishings. When you have a particular crafting job set, it will allow you create the items needed, if you don't have it set you cannot create the items (it won't allow you)

Botanist → Herbologist (increases chances to find small plants while decreasing others)
    Botanist → Arborologist (same as above just visa-versa effects)
    Miner → Gemologist (increases rate of finding precious metals)
    Miner → Paleontologist (increases rate of finding 'bone' materials)
    Miner → Geologist (increases the rate of finding raw ore materials)
    Fisher → Marine Biologist (increases rate of finding large fish)
    Fisher → Limnologist (increases rate of finding small fish)

Part One of Job Descripts:
    Monk: High HP, heavy hitting blunt damage based melee attacks, the monk is capable of taking a few hits without dropping into the critical HP levels, they can also provide themselves with slight curing effects calling upon their Chakra to aid them.

Warrior: Master of enemy knowledge, these fierce fighters are able to find the monster's weakness (slashing, piercing, blunt, magic) and change the way they attack to increase their damage to said monster's weakness.

Viking: Brutes who lack defensive capabilities but in turn focus on dealing critical blows on the enemy, they also can increase their attack with blood curdling Viking cries, and can inflict terror into the hearts of Eorzea's foes.

Thief: Nimble and quick this job is capable of dealing multiple hits in a single attack round, and can do it quickly to boot! They are also able to peer into the pockets of foes and increase the chances of obtaining an item or gil

Geomancer: Masters of the land, they are able to manipulate the ground and air around them for their own benefit. Their strength comes from their terrain and in turn grow stronger when casting appropriate spells under similar weather conditions.

Ranger: These rouges are able to scout out the land and search for nearby enemies, with this knowledge they can set up traps to ensnare their foes, weakening them for the slaughter.

Dragoon: Masters of the Lance and thus masters of piercing damage. With jumps at hand they can steer away from damage and danger as well as landing devastating blows.

Corsair: Better known as the pirate the corsair is able to use trickery to weaken a foe. And with the use of dice and a little luck can increase the defensive and/or offensive abilities of the party.

Samurai: Masters of the Great Katana, this job utilizes the ability to increase the TP gain for party members as well as unleashing powerful Tachi and Bushi techniques to take down a foe.

Ninja: Masters of deceit, the ninja utilizes Ninjutsu to deal elemental damage that also weakens the foes to the elements as well as using the techniques to increase it's survivability.

Beastmaster: Masters of the wild, they are capable of taming wild beasts and calling upon their aid in battle.

Oracle: Diviner of the gods and goddess, the Oracle is able to strengthen the bonuses provided by The Twelve (See thread on The 12's bonuses) as well as providing a slight healing potential through miracles.

Black Mage: Masters of magical destruction, this job is able to call upon the destructive forces of magic and obliterate anything in its path, assuming they don't run out of MP first.

White Mage: Healers of all status ailments, able to bring the dead back to life, and causes less grieving in those 'not so easy' parts of Eorzea.

Tinker: They are machinist in nature in some senses so they can utilize small mechanical units to aid them in battle, they are short lived however but can cause confusion and disarray upon a foe.

Orator: Masters of the mouth, this job can calm a foe down with its smile as well as strengthen the most feeble of friends.

Dark Knight: Masters of death, even upon themselves! This job sacrifices all defensive abilities (including but not limited to HP) in order to dish out the most devastating of melee attacks.

Magus: Rooting from the Reaper as well as the Thaumaturge the Magus is the master of magical death; this job sacrifices it all in order to deal out impressive magical damage, at the costs of its own HP!

Cannoneer: Rooting from Musketeers and Marauders, like the name implies, utilizes powerful piercing attacks from an increased attack range than most to avoid taking much, if any damage.

Sniper: Rooting from the Archer and Assassin this job is capable of dealing blows that come with additional effects that cripple a foe.

Juggler: A job that plays by chance. It's capable of increasing the defensive abilities of friends but might just decrease the foes abilities instead.

Part Two of Job Descripts:
    Bishop: Rooting from the Enforcer and Sentinel classes this job tends to be the most optimized for tanking magically potent monsters and foes, they have the ability to lessen the magical damage taken to allies, and offers slight self healing magics.

Gadgeteer: Capable of creating mechanical pets, this job has a continually changing companion based on the parts you give him, they are also capable of weakening mechanical foes with the use of their superior intellect in that field expertise.

Paladin: Rooting from the Gladiator and Sentinel classes this tanking job focuses on use of shield skill and parry skill to stop a foes attacks, they are capable of taking hits both magical and physical but to a lesser degree than the Defender and Bishop. With the use of ally aiding abilities they can also protect friends from all damage.

Red Mage: Masters of the enfeebling arts, this jobs main role is to weaken the enemy with familiar magics, they can also give slight support in other magical skills as well but not to a great degree.

Puppetmaster: This pet job is accompanied with a Mamet that has a class of his own (with your choosing of course!) The Puppetmaster and his companion can then become an unstoppable duo...for the most part.

Defender: This tanking jobs primary role is to mitigate physical damage, it has very little in terms of self healing abilities by prides itself on being able to directly decrease damage dealt to itself.

Templar: This tanking job has the abilities to generate hate in larger quantities than that of the other tanking jobs, it also has a high HP count as well as having the highest attack of the tanking jobs, although it can only heal itself if the time calls for it.

Berserker: Masters of speed and destruction, this jobs primary focus is to deal out quick damage in turn of accumulating massive amount of hate. However they offer absolutely no defensive abilities, which makes battles short, either in favor of the party...or the enemy.

Hunter: This job gains various bonuses depending on what monster type it is currently fighting, the more unusual the monster the more powerful the bonus.

Elementist: This support job is able to imbue weapons with various elemental attributes for their allies as well as having the ability to provide slight magical damage.

Dancer: This support job uses the art of dance to provide powerful magical effects on allies and foes alike.

Summoner: This job can call forth the mighty Eidolons such as but not limited to: Ifrit, Shiva, Leviathan, Ramuh, Titan, Garuda, Phoenix, Carbuncle, Cait Sith, Diabolos, Fenrir, and more!

Time Mage: Masters of the ebb and flow of time, they can drastically alter the flow of battle by speeding up ally actions or slowing down a foe's. They are also capable of unleashing the powerful Time Spell, Meteor.

Engineer: This job is able to create little sentries that provide various effects for allies and foes alike, for example one such sentry could give an aura of increased attack power to anything within its radius, while another might just bind anyone in its aura.

Blue Mage: Mages that learn from the wild so to speak, this jobs learns abilities and magic from the wild Beasts that roam Eorzea.

Green Mage: A support job that focuses primarily on giving strengthening buffs to party members.

Okay, long post but I'm finished talking, now its the your turn, the readers, to post what you think. I wanna hear some intellectual discussion!
    (43)
    Last edited by OMEGA_HACK; 08-02-2011 at 08:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Sav Alithos
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    If a system like this was implemented, I would probably never play another game...

That being said, it almost feels too expansive. Would there be a large enough variety of abilities to lend uniqueness to each advanced job?
    (7)

Player

Please have my babies. I just nerdgasmed.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Boy Friend
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Its a-[SIZE="5"]maze[/SIZE]-ing.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Altrage A'uli
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    I suppose I cannot really answer that question, there are many factors that would have to be considered in order to fully flesh out a system like this, one in particular is "Do Advanced Jobs grant entirely new weapons, or are they forced to wield weapons that fall under their parent classes?"

If the answer is the latter then one big difference would be that while some jobs might have similar abilities the type of attack (Slashing, Piercing, Blunt) is different and that alone should/would make similar advance jobs shine over others. For example you could (For discussions sake) say that Warrior and Dragoon are similar jobs, they both focus around dealing melee damage; but one is slashing melee and the other is piercing. On slime based monsters I would prefer the Dragoon over the Warrior for this very reason, vice-versa if a monster was weak to Slashing only then the Warrior would be the preferred choice of job.

This could be taken into context for the rest of the jobs as well. Also remember that a lot of these jobs all had there own function in the many worlds of Final Fantasy, and many of them come from FFT/FFTA where there was a plethora of jobs to pick and each of them had their own uses.
    (1)

Player

It has already been said they will mix classes to unlock jobs at some point. I'm not about to look that post up right now. But i read that from Yoshi or another dev somewhere.
    (1)
    http://www.enjin.com][/url]

Player
    Character
    Sav Alithos
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronic View Post
    It has already been said they will mix classes to unlock jobs at some point. I'm not about to look that post up right now. But i read that from Yoshi or another dev somewhere.
    As far as I can remember, they said they would consider it. That means it's not set in stone. I don't know about others, but I would love to see this happen.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Eisen Gramul
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Blacksmith Lv 90
    in my dream i am the Pokemon. its me
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Iroh'zen Ryuzaki
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Yessss

Something like this would be fantastic. Beautiful job working everything out so well.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Rhizzae Cathedral
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    Would be interesting, now If they would only reset everyone's SP level back to 1 from all the people who got multiple 50's by exploiting broken game mechanics. (I will pobably get flamed for this, oh well) Anyone who failed Leve's to gain an advantage over and over again knowing damn well that is not how the game is not to be played,.. Which if fairly obvious since SE changed how that work. I am not bitter I don't have multiple 50's as I have been playing since Alpha and just could not bring myself to use broken mechanics and awaited the day the game would be "fixed". Its getting there now.

-Back on topic- I love your idea's I truly do. You have alot of good idea's that followed somewhat of my own about a year ago when I was excited about the Jobs. Now the ffxiv is finally get patched up with a huge bandaid I can finally say that I am happy where the game is heading.
    (3)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast