Thread: Advanced Jobs

Player
    Character
    Altrage A'uli
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    Hehe, thanks for all the positive feedback; in fact a lot of thought went into this because it's kind of a pull from a RPG I am making (or have been making for a couple years now in my free time using RPG Maker X.X; ). Although I do understand the reality of implementing such a complex system I feel that its not impossible to implement in XIV, however, it is something that would have to be expanded on through out the game's lifetime.

Something I would really like to know though, is if the Development Team is thinking of doing ANYTHING like this, or will the ratio of Class to job always be 1:1, and just implement more weapon types (aka: classes)?

And again just to say again, thanks for all the positive community support/suggestions/thoughts!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lucy Lestat
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 50
    Yoshi said for now it will be 1:1 but in the future they hope it will be multiple.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Marie Claire
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 70
    I'd really like to see Puppetmaster in XIV, I loved that job in XI.
    But I'd like to think a Conjurer more of a Red Mage then a White, since they can both cure and nuke(XI introduced the Rdm's enfeebling potentcy), and THMs follow suit of Drk.
    Not trying to nitpick it xD I really like this idea(mainly cuz of PUP!)
    but I guess all the fine tuning will be up to SE
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Altrage A'uli
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    *bump* (since there is all this talk on jobs recently)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ceons Asmeia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 54
    This thread needs more attention! It's awesome... I wish SE would make a system based (or similar) to what you have drawn out.

Wow
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Altrage A'uli
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    hehe, thanks! I wish they would just let me work with Matsui lol (jk, as I won't be able to hold a candle to those designers)
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ceons Asmeia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 54
    Bump

only couple more posts to make this a hot topic
    (0)

Player
    P.S. I wouldn't go with "Reaper". Call him... the Undertaker.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Altrage A'uli
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    For anyone following this thread: stay tuned, concept art might be coming soon
    (0)

Player
    Though I see some job examples that can be completely omitted from the concept, like Templar/Guard/Sentinel...Templar can easily be a combination of Ronin + Warrior/Warrior+Paladin... Personally, I think the OP needs to try to refine the chart down to something that's more simpler and easier to grasp rather than have something that involves more than 30 jobs/classes. A comfortable zone is 15.

Here's what I think should be done for the advanced job requirements, and how the base system works. First, the nomenclature:

Class - the Disciple of War or Magic, at its very core. (Gladiator, for example)

Core Job (CJ) - The Job that is acquired directly from the Class. (Paladin, for example)

Advanced Job (AJ) - The Job that requires at least two Classes or Jobs at a specific Level.

I'd use the OP's chart, but nearly ALL of the advanced classes do not seem to make sense. (Lancer + Marauder should result in Dark Knight, in my opinion.) So we'll use what I just mentioned: Lancer + Marauder = Dark Knight.

Currently the Level cap in FFXIV is 50. We're getting Jobs in 1.20. So it stands to reason that we will be seeing a level requirement of 50 for the requisite classes before we can do the quests to unlock the Core Jobs. Why? Because, when you think about it, the Core Jobs will NOT require leveling. They already share their required Class level.

However, what about Advanced Classes? Do they also require leveling? My bet is absolutely.

Here's how that would play out: You have two classes at L50, Marauder and Lancer. You leveled them before Jobs came out, and now Jobs have come out, and Advanced Jobs are about to be released. Because Advanced Jobs draw from two classes/jobs to unlock, the Advanced Job can't utilize their levels.

So you have an advanced job at Level 1. So as a Dark Knight that utilizes L50 Lancer and Marauder, you have to go through the grind all over again like a newborn sprat with no diapers.

A caveat to keep in mind is that Square Enix may choose to raise the level cap after the PS3 launch, and that means your Classes and Core Jobs (Ex. Lancer and Dragoon) would need to be leveled again to the cap. And both would have to be leveled separately.
    (0)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5