Thread: Advanced Jobs

Player
    Character
    Altrage A'uli
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 90
    True, if you have a job that is the same as XI's Puppetmaster, but Mammets seem to have a mind of their own if I am not mistaken (or I have not seen/heard any NPC claiming to control them) So I was thinking more along the lines of a unique Beast type familiar (Mammet). It could be switched, but at the same time I was trying to maintain a balance between what classes unlocked what jobs, if you pour too much onto one class then that class tends to favored because it can unlock more jobs.

What that does is it hurts people who actually like to play that class, it might make it less likely to get a party invite because there are so many seeking a party, or it could hurt other classes by making them "lesser" classes due to the fact they cannot unlock as many jobs.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zenaku Yamada
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    They said GLA would be PLD and mrd most likely be Warrior lol.

Dark knight would be a cross class THM/MRD just like RDM= CONJ/THM so ya and half of the class and job you display make no sense to Final Fantasy history. There trying to add more Final fantasy feel not mix class from other games.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zenaku; 07-30-2011 at 08:17 AM.
    Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together Autographed By "Akihiko Yoshida Tarot Card Sweepstakes Winner

Player
    Character
    Iroh'zen Ryuzaki
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post
    This is the only recommendation that comes to my mind, as well.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Indira Cliodhna
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 50
    thing about that stuff some of them jobs are actually different like pugilist & monk.
    they should stay away from making jobs open up from a tree type system, other wise is just going to be like alot of games already out there. and some jobs are definetly going to be shunned away because there not " advanced"

every job should be its own entity not a sub entity
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kit Cat
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    I agree it would be awesome.. It would take 5 years for SE to implement and balance it... but would still be awesome.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Deceptistar Meow
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    what... the hell is a JUGGLER? >.>
    *imagines a clown*
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Zavier Mhigo
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    In the article that Zen is referencing it said rdm= conj+thm, its translated to english in Reinhart's Jp to english thread i believe.

Not sure if we'll see fencer or enforcer and such, to be sure Musketeer and Arcanist are pretty much confirmed due to them having guilds in the game already. Musketeer I think could get a Corsair class, and maybe a blue mage gun class (my hope not confirmed). Arcanist I think would get time mage, and not sure what else.

Not sure about advanced jobs with these new classes. I would think you'd need conj+thm to equal rdm but arcanist will have haste so i wonder, you shouldn't need it just for one spell.

mrd+thm=drk, maybe conj+arcanist= geomancer ^^, arc+mrd= beastmaster, lnc+mrd (idk second class iffy)=sam, but i would like samurai to be a class and diff from xi's sam.

Pug+lnc=thief or arc instead of lnc.

Just a side note, i would of loved to see a musician class, that had songtress and bard as advanced jobs (even though songtress is feminine you get what i mean) the two job would already be in the lore for those who saw Uldah's opening cutscene.
    (0)
    Last edited by zaviermhigo; 07-30-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Giotto Prime
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    good job i like
    i think most jobs from ff 1-4
    but i think jobs still needed balanced before coming with other jobs system
    THM is usless now and ARC still over power
    other than that u did great job i hope they will take ur post seriusly
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Matyr Gustav
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 51
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenaku View Post

Dark knight would be a cross class THM/MRD just like RDM= CONJ/THM so ya and half of the class and job you display make no sense to Final Fantasy history. There trying to add more Final fantasy feel not mix class from other games.
    Dude, he's not saying Gladiator "is" going to be Warrior, nor he's saying its not going to be Paladin etc. Its an idea on "Advance Jobs" , which is a great idea I might add. He's not trying to say X class will be Y class, he's just using the jobs as an example to showcase his idea. Your lack of comprehension is getting annoying . Lol
    (0)
    My Hopes & Dreams for future Class/Job Implementation ----> http://imgur.com/a/fPpXO#0

SE Please Add Machinist As A Pet Job. Musketeer/Machinist = Puppetmaster With A Gun.

Player
    Character
    Seif Dincht
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    GASP!

That looks like it would add depth and complexity to the game design and we can'¨t have that now can we?

Please where is the arrow that points me automatically to the right job?/end sarcasm

That would be really cool but I doubt the new system will be that deep.
    Also why can't we have a real BLM in this game? I need to be in a party for a BLM to be useful!? Excuse me but that is just the dumbest thing they have decided thus far.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast