Player
    Character
    Lady Mikuni
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsu View Post
    Up melees + nerf SCH, why both... I don't get it, 2 melees can roflstomp us already, they get some buffs, but we still get a nerf, seriously, why ?
    I've seen this before with other lazy companies:

They create a class that's much more difficult to play, balance it on average player ability...

Most people then avoid playing it because there are more easily-played alternatives, and therefore learn little about the class.

The few people who remain become excellent at juggling the many abilities.

When the latter group run into the former, the former become frustrated at the difficulty contending with the product of player skill clashing with their own ignorance.

In the days when dev teams had integrity, they used to make posts of "L2P", but over time the bean counters got involved, and the typical reaction since about 2008 in the industry has been to keep tossing nerfs at the "red-headed class" unto uselessness.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    C'eve Arthu
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 60
    Not sure if you've actually played in frontlines, but the vast majority of fights you have galvanize, regen and medica II, protect (stoneskin i guess but not really reliable) covering your precious aetherflow stacks

against most players its a pretty low chance that they will touch them at all with buff strips, i honestly can't see this being noticeable in most matches
    (4)
    Last edited by CeveArthu; 08-19-2014 at 06:04 PM.

Player
    Character
    Sy'rin Atarei
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 1
    Scholars have many mitigation abilities in addition of their already high survival skills, removing aether stacks will not really render the class any more difficult to play than it is now. If you give them the AoE slow back or any form of knockback, it will make the current communities comments much worse than it currently is for the next patch that comes out.

Ceve is right in the sense that nothing will really be noticeable, it's one thing to mention that people are very good at giving you hundreds of situations on how disadvantaged they are after reading patch notes, but when actually playing the game they don't seem to be changing their playstyle very much or end up not even noticing these changes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Your Character
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    I'm still surprised SCH didn't get nerfed harder. A lot harder.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Hailie Winters
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    I'm still surprised SCH didn't get nerfed harder. A lot harder.
    They shouldn't have been nerfed in the first place
    (3)

Character
    Buff Archer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    The fact that Equanimity can be stun interrupted in retarded, and that this wasn't changed in regards to the SCH/SMN classes alongside the Aethyrflow Nerf just makes this more unbalanced. They didn't take away SCH's Healing or DPS so much as our ability to simply survive. Hard enough to heal anyone with 3 or 4 ppl interrupting is, now they can just take away our only viable method of surviving when that happens. And I don't just join Frontlones to merely survive but this makes their own survival be a much more pressing issue than their ability to heal/DPS more than any other class has had to face.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pink Logic
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Utsu View Post
    Up melees + nerf SCH, why both... I don't get it, 2 melees can roflstomp us already, they get some buffs, but we still get a nerf, seriously, why ?
    because the majority of melee are baddies and SE caters to the carebear community and not the competitive one, so they make it so melee can kill you with less effort.
    but what's going to happen in the long run is we will be right back in these forums looking at more tears from the same people crying about they can't kill SCHs again.
    when it comes to pvp, SE just doesn't want the game to be competitive, or engaging at all. not one bit. they want to have the millions of customers without putting much effort in making the pvp competitive.
    SE wants to walk the walk, but not talk the talk. but then again a gaming company isn't going to create a game that a game's playerbase can't handle or don't want. so if melee cries, SE is going to be right there with a Kleenex to soak up the tears.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gor; 08-21-2014 at 01:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Your Character
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 60
    Maybe they're trying to make it like rock paper scissors? Healer beats ranged beats melee beats healer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Koltik Morrel
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 66
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff_Archer View Post
    They didn't take away SCH's Healing or DPS so much as our ability to simply survive. Hard enough to heal anyone with 3 or 4 ppl interrupting is, now they can just take away our only viable method of surviving when that happens.
    SE help!! My PLD/MNK/[insert any other class here] can't survive when I have 3 or 4 people hitting me and I have no support! Fix this now!!!

Do you hear yourself?
    (5)

Character
    Buff Archer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 60
    I'm totally in Gor's camp on this, I've gotten more useful PVP insight from them on here than anyone, I can only wish we were in the same GC and server. Hell we might have KO'd one another at some point though I'd rate their odds at having gotten a KO on me by now better than the other way around because knowledge and experience are more important in PVP than a lot of ppl seem to realize. I have no problem killing SCH's by the way using a couple of my fav techniques when I'm running SCH/SMN, and if I can do it without the 'melee buff' (it's a damn nerf) a melee player shouldn't need any more help doing it than they had before as they already have more actions at their disposal which give them leverage over casters than I do.
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast