Player
    Character
    Sora Burakku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80

New Free Company, New Player Assistance, and PvP

Ok, I'm going to roll a bunch of topics into one post rather than clutter up the thread. I'll break it down into sections and I'm looking for a bit of feedback for each so if you can let me know what you are responding to, that would be great!

Before I start though I just want to explain my situation a bit. I'm currently on Ragnarok but I'm looking to switch to Balmung (if the character restrictions ever get lifted) with my family, there will be three of us. The reason for the switch is due to the fact that Ragnarok and the whole Data Center is classified as EU and I live on the West Coast of Canada. Before you tell me "its not actually in EU" I know about the physical location thing, its still populated by a whole different time zone than where I live. There are reasons I was there and other reasons I'm leaving but the biggest reason is my peak hours of play is on a dead server cause its like 5am there.

Just looking to gather a bit of information from people on Balmung about the state of things and see if this will be a good fit for us. With that said, on to the topics!

New Free Company
    I'm looking to recreate my Free Company "Good Company" as a stepping stone for new players. It will be an open FC that focuses on assisting new players and lending assistance when and where they need it. The only restriction I will have will be on withdrawing Gil. I would encourage players to donate Gil if they feel we have been helpful but I would never require it. All proceeds would go towards FC enhancements like Housing and all the tidbits therein. With it will also be a Linkshell for Friends of the cause, people in other FC's that are willing to assist new players or as another resource for new players who might also be in other FC's.

I don't know if this will really be something needed on Balmung since it is a Legacy server and usually on character restriction lock-down (aka full). Any thoughts on something like this? I just wanted new players to know they are in Good Company.

PvP
    I'm Curious to know the state of PvP on the server. By that I mean are there any FC's/LS's that are dedicated to PvP and how are the queue times? I'm from the Twin Adders so with any luck it shouldn't be like the 3 hour wait times I have on Ragnarok.

Anyway, thanks for listening and any feedback is appreciated and will help with my decision on where to transfer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sora Burakku
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Well, it doesnt sound like there is much of a need for a FC that focuses on building players up and assisting newcomers to the game. I might just seek to join an already existing FC once we can transfer.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Noloe Tazier
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 80
    There are LS' dedicated to PvP whether it be Frontlines or the Wolve's Den. It's hard to judge Balmung by forum posts, I'd say only a few even bother to check the forums (like myself). You could try to recreate the FC, I'm sure if you advertise in Party Finder you'll get some bites.
    (0)
    Check out my Lore posts:
    An Eorzean Timeline: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/64377-An-Eorzean-Timeline-Reborn