Thread: arrow Variaty

Player
    Character
    Kona Chibi
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    Perhaps it'll be a job that they can build into though, like: Archer > Magical Archer

Archer is, after all, only the base class with which jobs will build from, so they can't give them all the spanglies

Player
    Character
    Ryans Tardis
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    It's already here. It's called Thaumaturge. Try it out.
    I have tried it out and it's not nearly as strong as Archer. That's not to say they can't kill a monster with just as much ease, but Archer can two shot a monster that is 10 ranks higher than them.

Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    exactly Belial, thats my point exactly.

With the armoury system in which you can use almost any pell on any class, all this talk of XI and trying to make XI-II out of ths game just makes me want to throw up in my mouth.
    Now I'm curious how THM having the ranged damage of an Archer is what your point was. It seemed your point in your previous posts was about how people would take issue with Archer having the ability to enfeeble monsters with arrows and now your point is that THM already has the damage output of the "ranged dps class" and it gets all those precious enfeebling abilities on top of that.

So THM is allowed to have the best of both worlds and people can't "take issue" with that fact, but Archers want some sort of way to use arrows in a more unique way than it just being a stick with some stone attached to it and you can say its an over-powered idea.
    (0)

Player

If we are gonna be curious about how THM having the ranged damage of an Archer is what your point was,then so am I. That has nothing to do with me speaking out about Archer having all the abilies of con/thm debuffs through class items and abilities...IE arrows that do thm/con specialty buffs/debuff.

So how you came to the assinine assumption that this is about thm having the rande of an archer came to you out of what I said as well.

Archers have the highest damage output hands down. It is significantly more then THM. Yet you assume to sit here and tell us that Archer needs the same magical abilites as a mage on a mellee class but are against giving the mage the equavilent mellee damage. We all understand what you want. Then everyone of us attempts to explain to you, that you get that by leveling a thm and using the cross class benefites of the armoury system, then you reply about blah blah blah FFXI. Then I complain about you trying to assume that if FFXI had something that FFXIV should.

Do you know what close shot does ? It roots the target
    Do you know what shodowbind is ? Immobolizes the target.
    Do you know what scouring strike is ? It removes a beneficial effect off the target.
    DO you know heavy shot reduces the enemies TP?

Those are enfeebleing abilities that work with mellee and physical damage. Sleep, fire, ice, poison do not.

You want to give the hardest hitting melle debuffs and magic damage like THM, give THM several of the hardest hiting physical damage attacks.

I am unclear how you got all that crap you posted above out of my comment bashing the idiotic idealology of trying to use FFXI to justify why the armoury system of FFXIV should be changed to suit you. As I and others have tried to explain to you here, if you want thm/con magic, level the clases and use it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kona Chibi
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 50
    I always just use scouring strike as a cheap replacement for penetrating shot, it does pretty much the same amount of damage at half the TP cost, when it's not on cooldown.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2