Player
    Character
    Kyo'lux Nia'loka
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimatecalibur View Post
    HP and mechanics dictate the expected number of characters needed to fight them, and making the hunts "claimable" would just add to the problems that hunts currently have. Do you really want claim bots teleporting around to claim every hunt for their master before legitimate players have a chance to even see them?
    I didn't suggest they do that. I said if they really meant it to be done low-manned, they would have made it claimable/instanced/etc.

Instead it simply was poorly-planned. You can't have open-world content and expect it to be done by only a few at a time, especially considering the communication tools we have access to in and outside the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Professor Juniper
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 60
    TC here,
    1) It was just a suggestion, I spammed hunts for an entire day and the amount of hate in the /shout was crazy, over people supposedly early pulling. I thought well we could remove that hate if it was a built in wait time instead of placing it in the players hands.

2) I have no issues personally with hunts other than feeling like the reward is too high. This was just an idea I had to stop other people being mad, Ironic how that worked out.

3) Someone in a previous post said they liked the idea of wait timer on A and S rank mobs but not B, that sounds pretty nice to me would stop a lot of /shout spam imo, this was the kind of feed back I was interested in bouncing ideas back and forth, another poster said it would still cause anger just delay it by 2-3 mins this is also a valid reply.

Anyway I'm out this topic got completely derailed and taken over by other people who want to be heard, I'll leave just saying I have no problems with people pulling when they want never did, just had a friendly idea to stop all the rage in /shout.

peace.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gralwyb Waekgohtwyn
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Still think they should of made hunts more similar to how they are in FFXII, but also phased like leves. As they stand now they are just unmarked FATEs.

Best solution IMO would be have hunt board offer you a limited number of hunts chosen at random, per day. After you select a hunt you have to hunt down the mark using clues from the bill which include location and requirements for getting mark to spawn. The mark would be phased to the party that spawned it, if party wipes then you failed that bill for the day.

However if they do this, i'd hope they keep requirements to things players can control, and not tie it into tod or weather. Ideas for requirements could be anything... having to get a kill chain of X, everyone in party having to do same emote, kill x number of a certain mob in area, etc.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by saeedaisspecial View Post
    Okay, time to explain it as if I had to a monkey.
    You see a $10 note on the floor, you pick it up. No one else can pick it up because you have.
    You find a B rank hunt, you start to kill it. Others could also take part and earn seals even though you are killing it currently.
    One copy of the money in your analogy exists. Multiple "copies" of Seals exist for everyone that takes part.
    I pick up the 10 dollar bill. No one sees me pick it up, so no one knows I took it. While this is happening, a bunch of people found a box of 10 dollar bills in an alleyway down the street, and are sharing the bills to all who arrived. My point, I honestly don't think anyone freaking cares that I took a 10 dollar bill and didn't share it.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Staisy Sama
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Gralna View Post
    Still think they should of made hunts more similar to how they are in FFXII, but also phased like leves. As they stand now they are just unmarked FATEs.

Best solution IMO would be have hunt board offer you a limited number of hunts chosen at random, per day. After you select a hunt you have to hunt down the mark using clues from the bill which include location and requirements for getting mark to spawn. The mark would be phased to the party that spawned it, if party wipes then you failed that bill for the day.
    There is already such a system in Hunts (called daily/weekly aka board hunts) - just reward are a bit on a low side, but it'll be fixed.
    And please, don't insist on fixing open world marks as some people do like competition and quality of organization.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Coralie Moonseeker
    World
    Belias
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 60
    If they are going to fix this, daily hunt better drop 20 seals for each mob so you can get 100 seals daily easily from daily hunts, and weekly hunt should drop 60 seals for that one mob. This will be a good band aid solutions. They should lower the A mark reward to 10 seals and the S reward to 20 seals for the open world ones because there is zero limitation and no cap. This way if you want to do your dailies, you can, and still get decent rewards. And if you want to "farm" the open world mobs, you also can, just get more realistic rewards. People respond to incentives.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Vizzer Mcshiggs
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I say the weekly should give a blood splattered tome, that way even if you don't join the sheep mob, you can still upgrade your gear, 2 weeks for accessories, 3 weeks for other stuff. Dailies should give more seals, but I do like the fact that you can get 7k gil just by doing them.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yurika Huin
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 80
    Only a couple more days until 2.35, hopefully the patch notes will give us some revelation on the hunt improvements.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    T'rahnu Ihka
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Felessan View Post
    some people do like competition
    Those people should go play actual PvP, where the game is DESIGNED for competition.

Absolutely everything PvE in this game has been designed for cooperative play, EXCEPT for Hunts, for some unfathomable reason. Breaking this trend does them no favors, something clearly evident in the incredible, exacerbated toxicity of the community around Hunts.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Xia Lin
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 50
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrusticae View Post
    Those people should go play actual PvP, where the game is DESIGNED for competition.

Absolutely everything PvE in this game has been designed for cooperative play, EXCEPT for Hunts, for some unfathomable reason. Breaking this trend does them no favors, something clearly evident in the incredible, exacerbated toxicity of the community around Hunts.
    Even hunts were designed for cooperation, maybe not server wide cooperation but cooperation none the less (hence them making them open to contribution from everyone and in the blog saying players will want to shout for help). It just has some side effects currently.

edit: In the interview posted to these forums not long ago by Abriael (link: http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/08/15/final-fantasy-xivs-naoki-yoshida-interview-expansion-xbox-one-version-directx-11-client-and-much-more/) at about 43 mins into the video they state the intended cooperative nature for the harder hunts.
    (0)
    Last edited by Redemption; 08-16-2014 at 07:14 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast