Player
    Character
    Purrfect Storm
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 90

At this time we have no plans to...

Hi everyone, I haven't been logging on as much lately on the game or the forums but scrolling through Dev posts, I was struck by the surprising number of these type of comments: "At this time we have no plans to..." This makes me feel like the Devs are really resistant to giving players what they ask for. Occasionally we get a "Please look forward to it" but most responses are of the first type. I think this is really sad
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Aria Erabith
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Purrfectstorm View Post
    Hi everyone, I haven't been logging on as much lately on the game or the forums but scrolling through Dev posts, I was struck by the surprising number of these type of comments: "At this time we have no plans to..." This makes me feel like the Devs are really resistant to giving players what they ask for. Occasionally we get a "Please look forward to it" but most responses are of the first type. I think this is really sad
    Many player ideas are not well thought out as to how it will affect the balance of the game as well as the return on investment for adding many of these proposed changes may not always be viable. They are running a business and while there may be some good ideas out there they have their own plans as well that they are working to implement.
    (40)
    Last edited by Wobi; 08-13-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    Just your friendly neighborhood elezen

Player

They can't cater to every single whim of the playerbase.

Of course you could ask "Then why do they even bother telling us this stuff?". Most likely this is stuff that was brought to the development team and actually given an answer.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Rui Ooshima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I think it is really sad that the devs have to give in and implement every single request. They'd be so dead busy.

Not trying to white knight them, but running anything is no simple task. They have to look at more things that typical single player failed to consider, and a lot of the requests are poorly thought. On the other hand, if you have noticed they are actually actively listening. That is how we actually get quite a handful of requests and QoL changes implemented. It is just that they hold the decision to implement what they deem is feasible and what is not.
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Aija Dal
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    It's either that or the forums are clogged with "The devs don't listen to us!!! I QUIT!!"
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Dark Saviour
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 80
    It would be nice to see some "Dev team says, sure, why not?" or "Not going that route, but we'll figure something else out to make X less terrible." sort of responses.
    Especially considering the particular subjects most of these topics are surrounding.

Not the CMs fault, I know; the dev team is the roadblock.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Infernia Heart
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 87
    They tend to plan out stuff ahead of time, it's not possible to take every suggestion into consideration, or you can imagine the mess that would ensure. But what people don't understand is that just because your personal idea was not taken into account does not mean they don't listen.

If someone says its a good idea to put Mayonnaise on ice cream it may seem like a good idea to you but majority of people including the people who make ice cream would probably vomit at the thought.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kaelah Tae
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I see what you're saying but they can't change everything we want them to. Most things we want seem to be cosmetic and they are busy working on more content all the time. If they said yes to everyone too then by now everyone would have completed everything, because Coil and the primals would be easy and everyone would have their atma. :O
    (0)

~Quit moping, get hoping~

Player
    Character
    Carson Warson
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Carpenter Lv 68
    I feel like every time they say to everyone "we currently have no plans to do such and such lame idea" they're also saying to me "don't worry dude we're not adding that lame idea in."
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Vizzer Mcshiggs
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by DefendPopPunk View Post
    I feel like every time they say to everyone "we currently have no plans to do such and such lame idea" they're also saying to me "don't worry dude we're not adding that lame idea in."
    Like fixing the clipping with hair, weapons, armor and mounts?
    (4)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast